Login

russian armor

Why don't you take part in tournaments?

PAGES (12)down
9 Feb 2014, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 18:59 PMGreeb

...if they are writed in a proper way...

hue hue hue ...
9 Feb 2014, 19:14 PM

- If there were "divisions" that matched player levels I'd be happy. Even with a system with promotion/relegation like in European sports in general.

- RNG is really too much. I know the game is built around it but as many have said, a whole game can depend on a single mortar hit.

- Retreating a 3 man gren squad at low health is pretty much a sure death anyways. No point in trying to conserve units.

- Pathing. Nothing else to say about this.

- No variation in play. Pick one unit - keep building it until GG. Shocks, Guards, Snipers, Grens, Tanks etc.

- No mid game. I mean there are some infantry engagements and then tanks. Then gg.

- Time commitment for tourneys is insane.

- Skillplane. I would hate seeing 2-3-4 vetted units dissapear because someone had 240 munis to spare. + have that whole area denied for 3 minutes or what it is.

The worst thing is the feeling of helplessness that some people have mentioned. The game functions in a way that makes it feel like regardless of how good I play, I'm just gonna lose anyways in the end.

Basically this. I enjoy CoH2, it's a fun RTS and have some great moments, but what really really kills it for me is all the RNG stuff I can't control.

Oh he's throwing a satchel charge? Too bad you pressed retreat only 3 seconds before the thrown animation began, and you're men respond 2 seconds after it hits the ground. Same problem with molotov.

Commanders in a tournament should be restricted. Everyone should have the same ones. Anything else will feel like P2W.

Honestly, that should go for the normal ladder as well.
9 Feb 2014, 19:16 PM

Or you create special tournament commanders, which all participants will share.
9 Feb 2014, 19:19 PM
Patrion 14

Thanks for not answering the question and making me look like a complete ass. here let me repeat my self for you in a dumber version: WHY DON'T YOU HOST YOUR OWN TOURNAMENTS THEN ASK FOR FEEDBACK. After all your calling the tournaments your own.

Are you for real? They might have the intention of hosting a tournament themselves, who knows.

- If they are. They better well want players to participate and want to see how to put up said tournament to get as many players in as possible.

- If they are not. Then they are looking for ways to make the game more compelling to play tournaments with.

Either way, they want our opinion before they do something, it doesnt mean that they will do it, but the fact that they ask means that they care about what we want in tournaments (to an unspecified degree).

Lastly, they sponsored tournaments with commanders, games, skins what not. Its not their tournament that bit is true, but they never claimed they hosted it or ran it. They said they supported them. There is a big diffrence there.

9 Feb 2014, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 19:14 PMjacko

Commanders in a tournament should be restricted. Everyone should have the same ones. Anything else will feel like P2W.

That would mean that they would actually acknowledge that they are some commanders that break the balance of the game or are unfun to play with or against.

Banning them in tournaments will be a good idea, but if they aren't banned in automatch too people will leave the game anyway.
I doubt anyone would play a tournament of a game that he doesn't enjoy in normal multiplayer.
9 Feb 2014, 19:44 PM

Since my previous post was deleted for simply saying "the game is bad." I feel as if I need to follow up with a more elaborate reply. To be fair, Noun did say he wanted simple answers. That's about as simple as I can make it.

First of all I find the topic question posed by Noun to be totally ridiculous and a bit insulting. Here's my follow up question to "why don't you take part in tournaments?" - Why don't you make a better game? Instead of passive aggressive posts towards the community asking us to search our souls for the reasons why we don't participate, ask yourselves that same question.

From start to finish, the way this game has been handled has simply been atrocious. To be honest, I'd be pretty ashamed if my name was attached to this after being attached to COH1.

For starters, your narrative completely irked an entire country and caught heavy amounts of criticism from Russia. I have never EVER heard of that happening before - perhaps in COD with the whole "No Russian" mission.

You limped into your release. Maybe that wasn't your fault specifically but the loss of THQ, the SEGA pass around, and the Steam release really hurt the game. It shows in the final product. No leaderboards/ladder/chat (if you call that abomination a chat room you need to immediately trash whatever computer programming degree you might have). There's input lag. Really? In 2013? Why? People with high end computers can barely even run the game at a high frame rate. Do I need to mention blizzards?

Notice I haven't said anything about the balance.

Then you asked us to pay for extra shit when your game wasn't very good to begin with. What you should have done is adjust the game to a workable and enjoyable state, and then, and only then, institute your dlc plans. Instead, you essentially broke your game and disenfranchised most of the community that took you seriously at the onset, but you made your money right?

Consumers aren't stupid. It's a certain type of player that will compete in a tournament, and this game does not cater to them whatsoever. The majority of those types of players sought refuge in another game a long time ago.

If you're from America you'll understand this: You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.
9 Feb 2014, 20:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 18:07 PMGreeb

Yes, it is.

I've lost plenty of games just because my enemy had a Tiger Ace and I did not.

And we all know relic thinks TA is fine unit and it will never ever be nerfed at all, because we all know that for relic the balance doesn't matter :rolleyes:
9 Feb 2014, 20:49 PM

And we all know relic thinks TA is fine unit and it will never ever be nerfed at all, because we all know that for relic the balance doesn't matter :rolleyes:

Well, they actually did the opposite of nerfing it in the last patch. So I'm not really sure if they know how OP that unit is. ;)
Meanwhile, new and more OP units are been prepared for the incoming patch.

And even if they were balanced, it still would be P2W as some players have units that others who bought a full-price game doesn't have, and so they have more options in the battlefield.

Some can make FHQs and others not.
Some can call some units at 0 CP and others not.
Some can build Repair points and others not.
Some can build trenches and others not.
Some can purchase veterancy and others not.
And it goes on and on.

I paid a full-price game, and I don't have any of these options in multiplayer, so it wonders me how Relic doesn't understand why are so many people pissed with their game.
9 Feb 2014, 21:12 PM

Permanently Banned
Certainty of death, *small* chance of success
9 Feb 2014, 21:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 09:24 AMNoun

We have an ongoing beta where we're getting direct feedback on balance changes before they're implemented. This takes the working relationship we had in the last CoH patch and has turned it into an ongoing and evolving project.

If you decided not to take part in that, that's fine. But don't diminish the contribution of those who are.

Edit: Budwise if you, or anyone else, wants to get into the beta let me know and we'll get you in the next round. The community team that worked on the next update did a great job.

I took part in the OF beta, 2v2AT beta, the 2.602 beta, COH2 alpha, and COH2 beta and am still a part of it today. Hell if it wasnt for me pleading to Mora that we had a team of mappers to fix all of the COH1 maps in 48 hours we would still be on pre 2.602 maps! The Relic Devs said we were out of time to work on maps since we spent so much working on balance and I stepped up and made it happen. Mora accepted and I got WhiteFlash and Sam and (seb helped as well) and we vastly improved nearly every COH1 map in less than 2 days time (i remember staying up all hours with WhiteFlash going over them and getting them ready). I've been a front running participant in nearly every beta.

The feedback from both sides (players and devs) was far far superior in the 2.602 beta than anything we're seeing since COH2 alpha. We actually had conversations with Dev's and bounced ideas off each other and tested together and things actually GOT IMPLEMENTED and fixed and there was a system to all of it. There was 2 sides to every conversation and everyone brainstormed together to get it right. Its been obvious since COH2 alpha that although you guys listen to the community, nearly every word goes in one ear and out the other. We warned you back in Alpha how things were bad, we told you that we dont want Pay to Win DLC, we told you that the doctrine system was poor and that the UI was terrible, we have pages and pages of feedback since then and the Dev response is usually a pre-canned "we'll take that into consideration thanks" and nothing ever actually happens. There is no back and forth, no brainstorming, no conversation. To claim that Relic is working closer with the community than ever is flat out wrong. Most of the high level players dont even bother to play beta anymore because none of the feedback that they gave mattered, and there was zero response. If recent threads tell you anything its that the dev/community relationship is in dire straights.
9 Feb 2014, 21:52 PM

Permanently Banned
9 Feb 2014, 21:54 PM

Permanently Banned

I took part in the OF beta, 2v2AT beta, the 2.602 beta, COH2 alpha, and COH2 beta and am still a part of it today. Hell if it wasnt for me pleading to Mora that we had a team of mappers to fix all of the COH1 maps in 48 hours we would still be on pre 2.602 maps! The Relic Devs said we were out of time to work on maps since we spent so much working on balance and I stepped up and made it happen. Mora accepted and I got WhiteFlash and Sam and (seb helped as well) and we vastly improved nearly every COH1 map in less than 2 days time (i remember staying up all hours with WhiteFlash going over them and getting them ready). I've been a front running participant in nearly every beta.

The feedback from both sides (players and devs) was far far superior in the 2.602 beta than anything we're seeing since COH2 alpha. We actually had conversations with Dev's and bounced ideas off each other and tested together and things actually GOT IMPLEMENTED and fixed and there was a system to all of it. There was 2 sides to every conversation and everyone brainstormed together to get it right. Its been obvious since COH2 alpha that although you guys listen to the community, nearly every word goes in one ear and out the other. We warned you back in Alpha how things were bad, we told you that we dont want Pay to Win DLC, we told you that the doctrine system was poor and that the UI was terrible, we have pages and pages of feedback since then and the Dev response is usually a pre-canned "we'll take that into consideration thanks" and nothing ever actually happens. There is no back and forth, no brainstorming, no conversation. To claim that Relic is working closer with the community than ever is flat out wrong. Most of the high level players dont even bother to play beta anymore because none of the feedback that they gave mattered, and there was zero response. If recent threads tell you anything its that the dev/community relationship is in dire straights.

relic should make another forum for beta, cuz that sega forum s_cks ,maybe a hidden room in coh2.org then we dont have to register another account on other forums :S
9 Feb 2014, 21:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 21:54 PMakosi

relic should make another forum for beta, cuz that sega forum s_cks ,maybe a hidden room in coh2.org then we dont have to register another account on other forums :S

There is such a forum, that is the forum which i'm referring to in my post.
7 of 14 Relic postsRelic 9 Feb 2014, 21:58 PM

Budwise you should take part in the balance beta where Peter and Braden are working directly with the players who volunteered.
9 Feb 2014, 22:03 PM

I have to say these forums are more fun than the actual game.
9 Feb 2014, 22:05 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 21:58 PMNoun
Budwise you should take part in the balance beta where Peter and Braden are working directly with the players who volunteered.

Balance isn't the problem unfortunately.
9 Feb 2014, 22:05 PM

I have to say these forums are more fun than the actual game.

Honestly I can't seem to pull myself away....and I got a freaking room to paint before the in-laws show up.:ph34r:
9 Feb 2014, 22:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I'm in it and have been in it since day 1. You and Peter and Braden know where the The Bunker is here on COH2.org, you've even responded in several threads there including ones that I started. But none of it is constructive from the Relic side. Just the canned "thanks for the feedback". No brainstorming, no conversation, and nothing ever happens or changes. What can be more demotivating than that?

Balance isn't the problem unfortunately.

QFT. There are larger fundamental flaws that we have been saying since Alpha.
8 of 14 Relic postsRelic 9 Feb 2014, 22:12 PM

Because that's not where we're taking balance feedback. If you have an issue with how the balance beta is being run let me know. I've not heard any complaints about it and my understanding is that they're collecting a wide variety of opinions and generally making good choices.
9 Feb 2014, 22:30 PM

Of all the reasons I'm unhappy with CoH2, faction imbalance is probably the least of them. It is expected that game will have imbalances this early in its life span, most of the complaining is about design decisions.

-Whiteflash made a good topic about the flawed doctrine system which got a unanimous thumbs up from everyone that read it, and it was ignored.

-Nothing has even been mentioned about working global upgrades in to the game so that every game isn't simply a vehicle rush.

-Nothing has been mentioned afaik about slowing down the tech speed, and even if is in the works and I'm unaware, it took way too damn long. Since Alpha people have been saying that the early game transitions to late game way too fast, with the mid game being almost non existent. It shouldn't take over a year to fix that, but weeks.

-AT nades and fausts still have infinite range and cannot be interrupted once they begin.

-Game can be painfully slow paced with super tanks and assault guns that shoot from halfway across the map and have almost zero manueverability. Axis light vehicles are very clunky handling and slow, even if your micro is sub par you are still bottlenecked by the vehicles piss poor agility, and not by your own lack of ability.

-No in-game leaderboard

-After all the flak about the p2w commanders nothing has been announced about doing away with it and its been 4 or 5 months now. Simply going a month or two without releasing new ones isn't a satisfactory response.

-Optimization is still terrible and its not even on the short term to-do list.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS