Login

russian armor

Why don't you take part in tournaments?

PAGES (12)down
9 Feb 2014, 02:55 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Pretty much this:
I didnt play because I dont enjoy the game in its current state.

Excessive RNG, Balance, Input Lag, and the largest being Pay2Win Commanders. The game itself doesnt reward better micro or macro.

Why I don't participate:

- Early engagements are too RNG dependent.
- Too much spam, mostly because a few units are a lot more viable/reliable than the others.
- Lack of strategy. In most games, both players just rush a vehicle.
- Input lag.
- Terrible pathfinding on vehicles.
- The ladder is repulsive. To compete in a tournament you have to prepare for it by playing ladder games and/or against a partner. The problem is that the ladder is filled with unbalanced p2w commanders banned from tournaments. Playing against these is both not fun and a waste of time since you'll never meet them in tournaments.
- Skill is not rewarded enough. Poor micro is fine since you can spam cons/grens all game into tanks. Why would I spend time getting ready for a tournament if I could struggle against a player who just A-moves groups of units around the map?

What could make me participate:

- Fix the input lag.
- Improve pathfinding.
- Add more strategic depth to the game. Don't force me to rush tanks every game. Let me do something different (global upgrades would be great).
- Make the game less RNG dependent. I'm not saying there shouldn't be RNG, but there should be ways for players to tip the balance in their favor with superior micro. An example is how rifle/volk combat worked in vCoH, but you could come up with something else.

The last two points will also make the game more interesting to watch, which will increase the amount of viewers on streams/the amount of streamers and casters, which will in turn encourage more players to participate. The game will gain more exposure and more people will want to be part of the fun. A lot of players just want to see their game casted!

Also, OBS mode, obviously.
9 Feb 2014, 04:17 AM

another reason

when you say you're top 100 in the world for coh2, you get laughed at, people say LOL SUCKER FOR PLAYING A P2W GAME, LOLOL PLAY STARCRAFT COH2 IS A SCAM

when people say they're top 100 in the world for starcraft, people's jaws literally hit the ground and they comment on your korean ancestry

quite a problem, isnt it

i'm not saying COH2 is p2w, it isn't.
SNF was won with the top-tier soviet players pretty much only selecting default doctrines
so that's pretty eveident
9 Feb 2014, 05:49 AM

I know it is my second post in this thread but I'd like the echo the desire for a 2v2 tournament. I think it'd be freaking sweet. I'd sure as hell sign up and I know a lot of others that would too.
9 Feb 2014, 06:47 AM

2v2 in CoH2 is significantly more fun for me than 1v1.

I had a great time playing in the 2v2 tournament we had during the closed beta.
9 Feb 2014, 07:10 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 01:33 AMNoun
We are working closer with the community than at any time previous in our history

Disagree. Maybe since you've been working at Relic, but not historically, absolutely not.
9 Feb 2014, 09:14 AM
Donator 22

- I only play 2vs2 and 3vs3

- There are no 2vs2 tournaments :/
4 of 14 Relic postsRelic 9 Feb 2014, 09:24 AM

Disagree. Maybe since you've been working at Relic, but not historically, absolutely not.

We have an ongoing beta where we're getting direct feedback on balance changes before they're implemented. This takes the working relationship we had in the last CoH patch and has turned it into an ongoing and evolving project.

If you decided not to take part in that, that's fine. But don't diminish the contribution of those who are.

Edit: Budwise if you, or anyone else, wants to get into the beta let me know and we'll get you in the next round. The community team that worked on the next update did a great job.
9 Feb 2014, 09:28 AM
Patrion 14

Can I just say that although I'd be unlikely to play in a 2 v 2 tourney (for some reason I've always found 2 v 2 the most difficult mode to master in either CoH game), I'd watch a tournie with much enthusiasm.

2 v 2s are for me the most fun games to watch, I love them especially with good players who use imaginative synergies. As others have said, it's like watching a whole new game.
9 Feb 2014, 12:41 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

-I do not like playing as German.

-No tournaments 2v2, 3v3, 4v4.

A small comment:
All patches are focused on balancing 1v1. The other options (SinglePlayer, TOW, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, maps) are full of bugs or disbalanced.

coh2 = 1v1
9 Feb 2014, 12:43 PM

i'm not saying COH2 is p2w, it isn't.
SNF was won with the top-tier soviet players pretty much only selecting default doctrines
so that's pretty eveident

Well, afaik the default doctrines were the only commanders allowed. The others were banned for being overpowered :D

@topic:

I don't participate in tourneys because imo CoH 2 isn't made for tourneys. It's a casual game that is fun to play, but for sure no game that I'd play a tourney. It's too random and too linear at the same time. Plus on high level there's too much abusable stuff going on that can only be fixed by redesigning, not balancing.

But since it's a game for casual gamers this abuseable stuff doesn't matter much anyways..
9 Feb 2014, 13:04 PM

I may participate in an upcoming tournament. My issue has just been time. Time needed to get better etc. I personally prefer the team games, that way people can carry me ;p. Probably not the best way to win tournaments though. Then again, I just play for fun. Thanks to everyone who works hard improving the game and coh2.org. I check in and read the forums and watch streams whenever possible. I'd consider it my number one hobby atm to be honest.
9 Feb 2014, 14:22 PM

Like most people I'd like to chime in a little.

- Tourneys are only for the pros. There is no level where one can compete on "fair" grounds with others on the same level.

- I've been up against 8-10 of the top 20 players in both factions and it pretty much felt like playing a game of 1v1 basketball against Kobe Bryant. Don't even know why I tried.

- If there were "divisions" that matched player levels I'd be happy. Even with a system with promotion/relegation like in European sports in general.

- RNG is really too much. I know the game is built around it but as many have said, a whole game can depend on a single mortar hit.

- Retreating a 3 man gren squad at low health is pretty much a sure death anyways. No point in trying to conserve units.

- Pathing. Nothing else to say about this.

- No variation in play. Pick one unit - keep building it until GG. Shocks, Guards, Snipers, Grens, Tanks etc.

- No mid game. I mean there are some infantry engagements and then tanks. Then gg.

- Time commitment for tourneys is insane.

- Tournament/league integration in the game would help a lot instead of having to arrange private games. I.e. register for a league and see all the games/players in there. Have a 2-3 month deadline to play all 20/30 games.

- Meta game is boring and one-dimensional regardless...

- Bulletins are a terrible idea. Either too ineffectual to be useful or completely OP. -10% suppresion shocks anyone? MG42? 1000 rounds per minute? Nah, just walk into its face and melt the soldiers there.

- Skillplane. I would hate seeing 2-3-4 vetted units dissapear because someone had 240 munis to spare. + have that whole area denied for 3 minutes or what it is.

The worst thing is the feeling of helplessness that some people have mentioned. The game functions in a way that makes it feel like regardless of how good I play, I'm just gonna lose anyways in the end.

So yeah, I'll stick around in vCOH for a while more and wait 2-3 years until COH2 is playable and optimized not to run at a hardcapped <25fps no matter what rig you have.

9 Feb 2014, 14:27 PM

Because i am not good enough and i dont like the game enough to put any effort to get good at it .

9 Feb 2014, 14:38 PM

Because they are always arranged on weekends. I play games during the week. Weekends are reserved for friends etc.
9 Feb 2014, 14:49 PM

Barton, there's something weird in you. Someone has kidnapped you and substituted by another much more mature. I can only say congrats to the kidnapper =)

your words are hurting me but thanks MVGame
9 Feb 2014, 14:55 PM
Donator 11

Like most people I'd like to chime in a little.

The worst thing is the feeling of helplessness that some people have mentioned. The game functions in a way that makes it feel like regardless of how good I play, I'm just gonna lose anyways in the end.

This!!!

The comeback mechanic is way too much! So often you can have the advantage and have majority of the map for a long time then.. boom a lucky mortar hit or two and now its even.. maybe your even behind.. your 15 min of brilliant play down the drain.. not really motivates you to improve your play.

yes RNG was in coh1 too but not at this level.
9 Feb 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 14:55 PMspajn

This!!!

The comeback mechanic is way too much! So often you can have the advantage and have majority of the map for a long time then.. boom a lucky mortar hit or two and now its even.. maybe your even behind.. your 15 min of brilliant play down the drain.. not really motivates you to improve your play.

yes RNG was in coh1 too but not at this level.

CoH series and DoW2 were always about comebacks.
Its not spamcraft, where you loose one barracks or 5 more units and loose all game because of it.
9 Feb 2014, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

CoH series and DoW2 were always about comebacks.
Its not spamcraft, where you loose one barracks or 5 more units and loose all game because of it.

You obviously never got passed silver in sc2.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %