Login

russian armor

video of how broken shocks are.

PAGES (7)down
6 Feb 2014, 00:12 AM

You know when suppressed they themselves deal almost no damage?

Don't expect low penetration weapons to do much against high armor target with defensive modifiers stacked up on it, that is the lesson for today.

Also, vet2 panther and elephant have absolutely zero problems on taking on units that combined cost much more and win against them if you want to relate that too, so no, shocks are not the only ones. Also, even shocks can't do that, because, you might have missed it, shocks got torn apart in the movie.
They managed to last 3 seconds and retreat with def modifiers stacked and that is what the whine is for here.
6 Feb 2014, 00:17 AM

15 seconds, again you show how dishonest you are.
6 Feb 2014, 00:23 AM
Donator 11

Im still having fun arent you?

First of all what is high penetration weapon for infantry in this game then? shreks? kinda hard to hit infantry with im afraid.. i already have g43, LMG and flamer upgrade... or do i need v1 rocket from coh1? lolz..

So you changed the subject to tanks now? well lets keep it on shocks plz. And as i already said i know axis has op stuff (like blitzkrieg) and im for nerfing that too if its improving gameplay.

Now please don't say stupid stuff as AG is as durable as shocks if your not gonna prove it.
6 Feb 2014, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 00:09 AMspajn
Katitof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWZ3H4jvjw&feature=youtu.be

Understand now?

now i got 2 videos to show my point and so you better show something soon or your gonna look stupid.

What exactly is this supposed to show us? That shocks (the most expensive purely AI unit in the game) is the best AI unit in the game?? Everyone knows this lolol. Should katitof counter with a video of panthers taking on t70s 1v1 1v2 1v3 then t34s 1v1 1v2 etc etc? Cause that would show us something else that we all know ... Namely that the best AT tank is in fact the best AT tank.

If anything this tells us to buff shocks becsuse in one scenario they lost to thr very thong they are supposed to take out :p
6 Feb 2014, 00:29 AM
Donator 11

What exactly is this supposed to show us? That shocks (the most expensive purely AI unit in the game) is the best AI unit in the game?? Everyone knows this lolol. Should katitof counter with a video of panthers taking on t70s 1v1 1v2 1v3 then t34s 1v1 1v2 etc etc? Cause that would show us something else that we all know ... Namely that the best AT tank is in fact the best AT tank.

If anything this tells us to buff shocks becsuse in one scenario they lost to thr very thong they are supposed to take out :p

That video is like Elefant would have a turret and own every tank in the game no matter the micro of the player "Hey its the most expensive anti tank unit in the game ofcourse it always wins"
6 Feb 2014, 00:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 00:29 AMspajn

That video is like Elefant would have a turret and own every tank in the game no matter the micro of the player "Hey its the most expensive anti tank unit in the game ofcourse it always wins"

So what exactly do you want? A single pgren to beat it? As your video showed, 2 pgrens beat it easily, and 2 upgraded grens could beat it as long as they were in cover.
6 Feb 2014, 00:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 00:29 AMspajn

Like the german Tiger Ace you mean?
6 Feb 2014, 00:40 AM
Donator 11

Like the german Tiger Ace you mean?

Honestly i have used that unit 1 time and it was either OP as hell or got rammed and lost me the game. Its an example of how to not make a unit and I hope a nerf is coming soon.
6 Feb 2014, 00:44 AM

So in your mind "balance" would be pgrens rolling shocks??
6 Feb 2014, 00:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 00:40 AMspajn

Honestly i have used that unit 1 time and it was either OP as hell or got rammed and lost me the game. Its an example of how to not make a unit and I hope a nerf is coming soon.

Like shocks that either roll over gren spam or are suppressed and stopped by one well placed MG covering infantry?
6 Feb 2014, 00:48 AM
Donator 11

In my mind "balance" would be for every infantry unit to play by the rules of coh that is flanking and cover > Blindly charge of "I win" unit.

This is not a "soviet needs nerfs" thread its about get out "I win" units of the game that doesnt play by the rules of coh. If shocks are nerfed im sure other soviet units needs buffs.

maybe not even units needs buff.. maybe soviet economy could use buffs with some sort of upgrade.. make it epic.. hmm like cut half of pop cap from conscripts
6 Feb 2014, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 00:48 AMspajn
In my mind "balance" would be for every infantry unit to play by the rules of coh that is flanking and cover > Blindly charge of "I win" unit.

This is not a "soviet needs nerfs" thread its about get out "I win" units of the game that doesnt play by the rules of coh. If shocks are nerfed im sure other soviet units needs buffs.

maybe not even units needs buff.. maybe soviet economy could use buffs with some sort of upgrade.. make it epic

Oh okay then there's no problem here! As shown by your own video micro'd greens/pgrens can take them on.

Let's copy and paste your video into every "shocks are op" thread and forever put the argument to rest! Well done sir well done! You have done the impossible!!
6 Feb 2014, 00:55 AM
Donator 11

Oh okay then there's no problem here! As shown by your own video micro'd greens/pgrens can take them on.

Let's copy and paste your video into every "shocks are op" thread and forever put the argument to rest! Well done sir well done! You have done the impossible!!

Yeah lets!! :D
6 Feb 2014, 02:20 AM

And masses of nerf screamers who don't even know WHY some things are happening want to make it good?

They are like americans, if they don't understand something, they want to gun it down asap without further questions or listening to explanations.

VonMecha have proven he have zero knowledge on the game mechanics because he clearly doesn't understand what happened during that engagement and don't even get me started on wiking, he got a hitler blow up doll he humps every night while reading main kampf and that still doesn't show in 1/10th how much of a biased german whining fanboi he is.

lol. i ignored you until now. now, you have done it. your bum buddy noun from the official forums isnt here to protect you. instead of being brought down to your low garbage level of discussion on these forums, people were actually pretty good until you started posting. now we have to listen to your noobish rages after you lose to a german pro. you are the turd in the punchbowl. you dont want balance, you want easy mode soviets(which you have now) and are going to defend it until you can no longer insult people who actually want balance. dont go into o how about tiger ace? i already have said that is the stupidest commander ever and it needs the nerf bat. see, unlike the idiot you are who cannot win without playing super op factions, i prefer a challange that is fair. you katitof are full of shit and are the lowest form of life on this earth: you are a communist.

6 Feb 2014, 02:22 AM

double post due to katitof being a moron.
6 Feb 2014, 02:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 00:48 AMspajn

maybe not even units needs buff.. maybe soviet economy could use buffs with some sort of upgrade.. make it epic.. hmm like cut half of pop cap from conscripts

o but the great katitof will make sure that this thread is about the conspiracies against the great communist war machine that must have only I win units.
6 Feb 2014, 02:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

this has nothing to do with Americans, Commuinism and/or gun rights. this has to do with "game balance" statistics, game-play, and a few historical references. not petty insults and silly conspiracy theories. if you can't handle that please step away from the thread until such a time when you can. (to be clear this is a warning to all of you.)

i clearly need to pay alot more attention to this place as i missed this.

so with that said back to the topic if you can't remember heres a refresher.
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 17:39 PMspajn
So I have tried explaining how broken shock troops are but usually some soviet player replies with "no you just suck" or "replay or it didnt happen" so i decided to just record the thing because most wont bother with a replay anyway.

For the record i won this fight and this game so this is not some rage about a loss but the video just shows you how ridiculous armor shock troops have and its basicly impossible to squad wipe them unless the soviet player isnt even trying. Just imagine Instead of my blob of soldiers i would have 2 squads in green cover and shocks charging them.. even with bad luck shocks will atleast break even. Shocks in their current form is a mockery of everything that is good about company is heroes

I know good counter such as snipers and FHT but still this is way over the top and this sort of ****ty gameplay belongs in dawn of war NOT in coh.

Link to the video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-xWzGIt9E

This is a repost from the official forum that James Hale locked given no other reason than "No, no, no. Just no. Sorry." What is this?? why is moderators locking posts for no reason? IF you think you are protecting relic by locking negative posts about the game you are wrong.

6 Feb 2014, 03:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2014, 02:43 AMWiFiDi
this has nothing to do with Americans, Commuinism and/or gun rights. this has to do with "game balance" statistics, game-play, and a few historical references. not petty insults and silly conspiracy theories. if you can't handle that please step away from the thread until such a time when you can. (to be clear this is a warning to all of you.)

i clearly need to pay alot more attention to this place as i missed this.

so with that said back to the topic if you can't remember heres a refresher.

It was deduced numerous times by various individuals that the defensive buff from being suppressed, paired with the retreat buff made them tougher than usual. Even then, it took about 2 seconds for the squad to almost vaporize. RNG and the defensive buff saved the squad.

There is nothing more to complain about with shock troops. this instance is a wildcard of the game. It is known that shocks at 1 cp is a bit much and should be changed to 2 cps or even 1.5.

A select few individuals seem have an axe to grind and are constantly derailing the thread with the same hogwash they keep blurting out from 5 pages ago.

/thread
6 Feb 2014, 03:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 17:39 PMspajn
So I have tried explaining how broken shock troops are but usually some soviet player replies with "no you just suck" or "replay or it didnt happen" so i decided to just record the thing because most wont bother with a replay anyway.

For the record i won this fight and this game so this is not some rage about a loss but the video just shows you how ridiculous armor shock troops have and its basicly impossible to squad wipe them unless the soviet player isnt even trying. Just imagine Instead of my blob of soldiers i would have 2 squads in green cover and shocks charging them.. even with bad luck shocks will atleast break even. Shocks in their current form is a mockery of everything that is good about company is heroes

I know good counter such as snipers and FHT but still this is way over the top and this sort of ****ty gameplay belongs in dawn of war NOT in coh.

Link to the video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-xWzGIt9E

This is a repost from the official forum that James Hale locked given no other reason than "No, no, no. Just no. Sorry." What is this?? why is moderators locking posts for no reason? IF you think you are protecting relic by locking negative posts about the game you are wrong.

+1 +1 +1 shocktroops have to be 2cp. and like +10000000000000000000000 to last part about the official forums.
6 Feb 2014, 05:28 AM

My build order was sniper, gren, sniper, mg bunker, fht, pgren with shriek x2, into panthers. And sweet jesus was it a joke. Snipers ended up racking up 56 kills and I must have polished off at least 2-3 shock squads along with other crap. What this taught me is as follows

So you kept map control with 3 squads?

Like shocks that either roll over gren spam or are suppressed and stopped by one well placed MG covering infantry?

Like the video in the OP where suppression just made them into slower terminators that could still crawl up and grenade the second MG?

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2014, 23:56 PMspajn
i dont think any axis unit even comes near the durablity of guards.

Guards have 1.5 armour, all Axis combat units have 1.5 armour. The only difference is squad size.

It was deduced numerous times by various individuals that the defensive buff from being suppressed, paired with the retreat buff made them tougher than usual.

Maybe the best fix would be to make it so that suppression buffs don't stack with armour?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS