Login

russian armor

video of how broken shocks are.

PAGES (7)down
4 Feb 2014, 16:39 PM

Isu152s are good ... I love them ... But in big games I still think the tiger is the best tank to have (in small games too :p )

Molotov's are also good but Idk if Id rate them as miles better than rifle nades (especially figuring in the fuel cost of molotoves)

Kv8 I didnt include because it has no counterpart (its an awesome tank just crazy one dimensional)

Sov snipers are better when going agaisnt the german sniper, but due to cloaking speed,and rate of fire i persinally rate the german sniper as slightly superior (althougg less survivable)

Lets not get into offmap artillery/airsupport i think both sides have very good options there

I disagree with the guard dominance that you describe. Their AI is decent at best and the AT peters off quickly after german t3/4 hits the field. Button is awesone but it does get broken quite easily (smoke,nos, etc)
4 Feb 2014, 16:55 PM

Isu152s are good ... I love them ... But in big games I still think the tiger is the best tank to have (in small games too :p )

Molotov's are also good but Idk if Id rate them as miles better than rifle nades (especially figuring in the fuel cost of molotoves)

Kv8 I didnt include because it has no counterpart (its an awesome tank just crazy one dimensional)

Sov snipers are better when going agaisnt the german sniper, but due to cloaking speed,and rate of fire i persinally rate the german sniper as slightly superior (althougg less survivable)

Lets not get into offmap artillery/airsupport i think both sides have very good options there

I disagree with the guard dominance that you describe. Their AI is decent at best and the AT peters off quickly after german t3/4 hits the field. Button is awesone but it does get broken quite easily (smoke,nos, etc)

Well my main point in including the offmaps/doctrinal stuff is that you can't really just compared two "counterpart" units in a vacuum and declare one faction to be better than the other. You have to consider what they're fighting against and you have to consider what else is in the game to support them. Guards tend to fall into this category as well. Sure they lose horribly to Pgrens unless you land an awesome grenade but their impact on the game with how flexible they are is pretty much unsurpassed.

I don't think Shocks are a problem at 1 CP, I find them much easier to deal with than early guards. But a lot of that has to do with the fact that early guards are almost always accompanied by Snipers.

For me Tiger vs ISU152 is map dependent, but then again they fulfill different roles so it is hard to compare them. Tigers are great units for spearheading attacks and they can be very annoying to finish off - especially once they unlock turbodrive (Blitz). ISU152 just get to sit back and 1 shot things all day, which is why I love them (I actually think their ability to instantly gib squads is over the top).
4 Feb 2014, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 16:55 PMCieZ

Well my main point in including the offmaps/doctrinal stuff is that you can't really just compared two "counterpart" units in a vacuum and declare one faction to be better than the other. You have to consider what they're fighting against and you have to consider what else is in the game to support them. Guards tend to fall into this category as well. Sure they lose horribly to Pgrens unless you land an awesome grenade but their impact on the game with how flexible they are is pretty much unsurpassed.

I don't think Shocks are a problem at 1 CP, I find them much easier to deal with than early guards. But a lot of that has to do with the fact that early guards are almost always accompanied by Snipers.

For me Tiger vs ISU152 is map dependent, but then again they fulfill different roles so it is hard to compare them. Tigers are great units for spearheading attacks and they can be very annoying to finish off - especially once they unlock turbodrive (Blitz). ISU152 just get to sit back and 1 shot things all day, which is why I love them (I actually think their ability to instantly gib squads is over the top).

I think in general were on the same page. Im by now means trying to say that the so faction is underpowered ... I think the individual units are in a vacuum, but to make up for it they have good synergy. I personally find that that makes soviets more difficult to play which is why I prefer them.
4 Feb 2014, 17:46 PM

Isnt this kind of a problem with COH2 in general? The infantrydamage is extremely forgiving, so if you carelessly throw your troops arround you arent punished that much if they run into an ambush.

Shocks just takes this to the extreme, but it seems like a natural continuation of the general direction of COH2, as opposed to vCOH.
4 Feb 2014, 18:43 PM

Its sad. relic has no idea what they are doing with this game. shocks/gaurds at 1cp is so stupid.
4 Feb 2014, 20:06 PM
Donator 11

What annoys me most about the damage system is this low small arms fire making infantry fights so boring and then mortar, is2, isu152 and kv2 just insta gibs a full health pgren squad from insane ranges.. its like going from one extreme to the other in the damage spectrum. The game needs more consistency in the damage model.

I dont know, maybe im just shit at the game but to me coh2 feel like this: Im outplaying my opponent i feel i have better micro and faster at the game than him, im sure i will win. Then 2 lucky heavy mortar shells hits and all advantages i had are gone and im actually behind..

This is how i often lose in coh2.. some high explosive lucky shot just insta kills my vet 2 pgren and AT gun. And then you see the video i posted, how reckless you can be vs pure infantry and get away with it.. just bullshit.

Im sure i have lost many times to more skilled opponents than myself but just saying i have many times felt cheated of my victory to the insane splash damage on infantry in coh2 and the small reward you get for setting up ambushes, flanking and so on.
4 Feb 2014, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 20:06 PMspajn
What annoys me most about the damage system is this low small arms fire making infantry fights so boring and then mortar, is2, isu152 and kv2 just insta gibs a full health pgren squad from insane ranges.. its like going from one extreme to the other in the damage spectrum. The game needs more consistency in the damage model.

I dont know, maybe im just shit at the game but to me coh2 feel like this: Im outplaying my opponent i feel i have better micro and faster at the game than him, im sure i will win. Then 2 lucky heavy mortar shells hits and all advantages i had are gone and im actually behind..

This is how i often lose in coh2.. some high explosive lucky shot just insta kills my vet 2 pgren and AT gun. And then you see the video i posted, how reckless you can be vs pure infantry and get away with it.. just bullshit.

Im sure i have lost many times to more skilled opponents than myself but just saying i have many times felt cheated of my victory to the insane splash damage on infantry in coh2 and the small reward you get for setting up ambushes, flanking and so on.

this is the truth. alot of sov players will say that germans get panthers and the elite commander so its balanced that they get elite infantry 5 mins into the game. well elite commander is a big balance issue i will agree there but 5 min shocks/gaurds is retarded. also they are nerfing the shit outta the elite commander. but they havent said a word about the 1cp shocks or industry nerfs. german infantry has no chance with the shocks combined with all their op insta gibs.
4 Feb 2014, 23:34 PM

Haha just watched the video. It's just a combination of the suppression/pin received damage reduction stacked with the retreat bonus. It's nothing special.
5 Feb 2014, 03:24 AM

vCoH's damage model craps on CoH2's. And in some of the mod--wait, no, never mind that.
5 Feb 2014, 03:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2014, 23:34 PMlink0
Haha just watched the video. It's just a combination of the suppression/pin received damage reduction stacked with the retreat bonus. It's nothing special.

too bad half of the raging numb skulls on here don't get that.
5 Feb 2014, 04:13 AM

naw, there's a problem with shocks, just like how rangers before pre fireup/upkeep nerfs as well.

except that people make a HUGE deal out of them when they only need small tweaks. too many people are calling for double nerfing.
5 Feb 2014, 11:05 AM

That would require from them a huge effort to drop denial and we all know its not possible.
5 Feb 2014, 12:00 PM

So if a pg squad ran through maxim fire, 3 upgraded conscripts, 1 ce with flamer plus a shock troop squad, able to crawl around for 5 secs throw a nade and run home, no one would be pissed? Heaven would hear the loud outcry for immediate Pg nerfs. What ever modifiers involved only one unit in the whole game can do that and that is shock troopers.

This was one squad. 1 squad. 1 squad.

If he had 2, the whole axis army probably would have had to retreat.
5 Feb 2014, 12:40 PM

I'm pretty sure that german entrenched tanks with command tank aura can survive a nuclear blast launched inside the tank as well.
5 Feb 2014, 12:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that german entrenched tanks with command tank aura can survive a nuclear blast launched inside the tank as well.

What are the benefits of that aura tank? I mean in numbers. thanks =)
5 Feb 2014, 12:55 PM

What are the benefits of that aura tank? I mean in numbers. thanks =)

0.8 damage received modifier.
Entrench is 0.75 dmg received modifier and they stack. Panther is pretty much unkillable with that.

Exactly same situation in this thread with defensive suppression and retreat modifier stacking up.
5 Feb 2014, 13:48 PM

So if a pg squad ran through maxim fire, 3 upgraded conscripts, 1 ce with flamer plus a shock troop squad, able to crawl around for 5 secs throw a nade and run home, no one would be pissed? Heaven would hear the loud outcry for immediate Pg nerfs. What ever modifiers involved only one unit in the whole game can do that and that is shock troopers.

This was one squad. 1 squad. 1 squad.

If he had 2, the whole axis army probably would have had to retreat.

Through? I don't know what you were watching, but those shocks defenitly did not run through the entire army. Away definetly.
5 Feb 2014, 19:59 PM

The one where 5 + units were targeting/shooting the shocks before the shocks were even close enough to shoot back and then crawl up to an mg and throw a grenade.

And the Shocks ran THROUGH the hail of bullets. Did they morph through german bodies? no

Did you not understand? Im sure you did, but you were just trying to deflect from the fact the video shows the terminator squad in its full glory.
5 Feb 2014, 20:05 PM

And the thread shows how many people have absolutely no idea about CoH2 mechanics and expect results as in battlefield or CoD...
5 Feb 2014, 20:12 PM

Coh2 mechanics are 1 squad of sov supertroops can face the guns of the opposing teams entire infantry force and still have time to attack and retreat. We understand that quite well.

And how does anything in this thread that anyone said relate to battlefield or cod. That makes no sense at all. Just more deflection from an absurd game mechanic, from people who will defend sovs no matter what, while yelling for constant german nerfs..
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS