Login

russian armor

lets talk about bunkers

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
24 Jan 2014, 18:13 PM

What's the reasoning behind lopsiding defensive buildings? I didn't notice the impact this has too much in 1v1s or 2v2s, but its quite rediculous how many bunkers go up in 3v3/4v4 games which must then be cleared painfully slow by mortars, flamers, a vulnerable sis or penals if you happen to have t1.

Why not just give them to both sides like vcoh was?? Or to neither side in the case of Brits and PE. It baffels me more than anything.
24 Jan 2014, 18:15 PM

Because multiplayer is set en 1944 where Germany adopted a defensive position towards the Soviet Union. Thats the reason about german bunkers and the lack of soviet bunkers!
24 Jan 2014, 18:32 PM

The only valid question is why soviets can't build trenches while germans can.
After all its soviets who built longest trenches in a whole war.

Rest things, including german bunkers, are fine.
24 Jan 2014, 18:43 PM
Patrion 14

They need to add emplacements to both sides, non-doctrinally, asap.
24 Jan 2014, 19:13 PM

Soviets get to build green cover.

Bunkers build too fast IMHO, can be nasty in 1v1s too if you can hold a cutoff long enough to get one up...and with 2 grens building, it can be done very fast...you see it more than you'd think.

24 Jan 2014, 22:48 PM

Engineers in both sides should be able to build more fortifications and emplacements. But I'm sure all that will be added through DLC. Bleh...
24 Jan 2014, 23:03 PM

Engineers in both sides should be able to build more fortifications and emplacements. But I'm sure all that will be added through DLC. Bleh...

QFT.

Barbed Wire
Sandbags
Mines (all types)
Tank Traps
Bunkers
Trenches (w. defensive-oriented doctrines)
OPs (moved from the base-buildings menu)

^THIS is what all engineering units should be able to build. But again, Relic will likely add them one at a time through DLC (there is a Soviet commander that had MG bunkers as an unlock--pathetic).
25 Jan 2014, 01:27 AM

Soviet Trenches would be overpowered due to the nature of the faction design. German Trenches can be burnt out with Molotovs, Engineers, Molotovs, Penals, Molotovs, and KV-8's. On the other hand, Germans have Pioneers and FHT's, of which Pioneers may be about the same, but the FHT is paper-thin and less damaging than the KV-8.

We'd just end up with a CoH1 problem, what does Brit do if Germans steal one of their trenches? It's a problem with very few effective solutions, and you have to go way out of your way to solve it, compared to the intended solution which is literally a button click away.

(Note I'm talking about Trenches / Slit Trenches, not Machinegun Nests)
26 Jan 2014, 01:08 AM

I would like to see german bunkers being build with unmanned mg guns. So you will have to enter your bunker to use the mg.

OR

Make the mg gunner wich comes with the mg upgrade killable. So the german player will have to reinfore to keep the mg manned.
26 Jan 2014, 01:10 AM

I find static defenses without 360 degree firing ability to be largely a waste in COH.

German Bunkers, especially. They can be flanked, they can be destroyed with indirect fire, they can be blown up with a few tank shells.
26 Jan 2014, 01:19 AM

Soviet Trenches would be overpowered due to the nature of the faction design. German Trenches can be burnt out with Molotovs, Engineers, Molotovs, Penals, Molotovs, and KV-8's. On the other hand, Germans have Pioneers and FHT's, of which Pioneers may be about the same, but the FHT is paper-thin and less damaging than the KV-8.

We'd just end up with a CoH1 problem, what does Brit do if Germans steal one of their trenches? It's a problem with very few effective solutions, and you have to go way out of your way to solve it, compared to the intended solution which is literally a button click away.

(Note I'm talking about Trenches / Slit Trenches, not Machinegun Nests)

You seem to forget about MHT and normal mortar/PaK.

You know, this are not vCoH trenches, the ones we have here literally explode to anything that isn't small arms fire.
26 Jan 2014, 02:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jan 2014, 01:19 AMKatitof

You seem to forget about MHT and normal mortar/PaK.

You know, this are not vCoH trenches, the ones we have here literally explode to anything that isn't small arms fire.

If we count artillery, then trenches are even more in favour of Russians, who have more artillery options than Ost does. Besides that the point is that a molotov in a trench is a 100% chance to neutralise, either forcing a retreat or killing everyone inside. Unless we give Grenadiers a trench-clearing weapon, they'll be Soviet biased.
26 Jan 2014, 03:54 AM

If we count artillery, then trenches are even more in favour of Russians, who have more artillery options than Ost does. Besides that the point is that a molotov in a trench is a 100% chance to neutralise, either forcing a retreat or killing everyone inside. Unless we give Grenadiers a trench-clearing weapon, they'll be Soviet biased.

I have no idea why they gave trenches to the germans. It's near useless with all the ways soviets have of clearing buildings. They should have just given them to the soviets where they could actually be put to some use. Although maybe they'll be useful if they ever add another faction that can't clear buildings as well.
26 Jan 2014, 03:55 AM

OK, so ignore the trenches (I never bother with them as sandbags are a far better option right now).

Trenches take far too much damage as an entity and can be obliterated by a few mortar or ATG shells.
26 Jan 2014, 04:13 AM

What's the reasoning behind lopsiding defensive buildings? I didn't notice the impact this has too much in 1v1s or 2v2s, but its quite rediculous how many bunkers go up in 3v3/4v4 games which must then be cleared painfully slow by mortars, flamers, a vulnerable sis or penals if you happen to have t1.

Why not just give them to both sides like vcoh was?? Or to neither side in the case of Brits and PE. It baffels me more than anything.

Most likely one of the things that justifies germans having only 4 men in a squad.
26 Jan 2014, 08:40 AM

correct me if im wrong.. what the hell do soviets need sandbags for? cons, shocks, guards have to be on the move most of the time. The mgs are 6man squads and fairly mobile.

whenever i build green cover with my cons.. 2 minutes later the grens will come and take it. grens run up to cons in green cover and jizz all over them

soviets could use a mg pit or something.
28 Jan 2014, 05:11 AM

One of the biggest flaws in the game is how Soviets have no bunkers and Germans do, it's something I've been up in arms against since the beta and nothing has been done. It's ridiculous.
28 Jan 2014, 06:54 AM

One of the biggest flaws in the game is how Soviets have no bunkers and Germans do, it's something I've been up in arms against since the beta and nothing has been done. It's ridiculous.

mate the same can be said about uncountersniperable snipers and cp 1 light AT counter but german mains don't complain
28 Jan 2014, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2014, 06:54 AMbuckers

mate the same can be said about uncountersniperable snipers and cp 1 light AT counter but german mains don't complain

What are you talking about. They are complaining all the time.
28 Jan 2014, 08:19 AM

What are you talking about. They are complaining all the time.

i was being ironic, haha. i probably didn't make that clear enough mate
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 94
France 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %