Login

russian armor

Surge in map hacks?

9 Jan 2024, 19:43 PM

Hello fellow forumers. Has anybody else noticed a sudden surge of map hacking in CoH2?

I have recorded and reported playing two different map hackers in just a week of playing automatch 3v3 and 4v4. Saddest thing is that they had quite low winrates which makes me think they started cheating recently.

Is it just unlucky on my part or is something going on?
10 Jan 2024, 00:26 AM

Hello fellow forumers. Has anybody else noticed a sudden surge of map hacking in CoH2?

I have recorded and reported playing two different map hackers in just a week of playing automatch 3v3 and 4v4. Saddest thing is that they had quite low winrates which makes me think they started cheating recently.

Relic stopped banning people in CoH2 and ofc this information has been spreading, with people realizing they can do whatever they want now without facing consequences

It's a bit sad that CoH2 will soon meet a similar fate of CoH1 which got basically cheated to death in the end
10 Jan 2024, 08:58 AM

Well that is just sad. My Macbook pro that I have clocked 3k hours on CoH2 can't run Coh3 probably (barely runs Coh2), so I'm kinda stuck with CoH2 :(
10 Jan 2024, 15:52 PM

Hey man. would you be so kind as to share these recordings? Im curious to see about how they'd make it obvious that they were maphacking
10 Jan 2024, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2024, 15:52 PMNickbn

Hey man. would you be so kind as to share these recordings? Im curious to see about how they'd make it obvious that they were maphacking

Just one easy example:

This is everyday-stuff in CoH2 now sadly. Complete average ELO players not even making an attempt to hide their hacks
10 Jan 2024, 19:53 PM

sadly you can easily find cheats for any relic game if you google enough.
12 Jan 2024, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2024, 15:52 PMNickbn

There ya go.

This was just one example and really easy to spot in game yourself. But imagine how many people are there that take effort to hide it somewhat.
12 Jan 2024, 14:48 PM

You can usually spot the maphackers using mortars and snipers as they really shine when you know where the enemies are. Also brummbar seems to be popular choice to hit those hidden commandos.
15 Jan 2024, 19:44 PM

Very frustrating. I have had a couple occasions in which I suspected it, but I never went through the 'trouble' of actually taking the time to look back on a replay and check.

Does anyone know if relic still actually responds to the enforcement@relic.com address?
16 Jan 2024, 12:35 PM

If its obvious, send it anyway.
16 Jan 2024, 20:11 PM

If its obvious, send it anyway.

Not really an answer to my question, more of an opinion on your side, while appreciated, not really useful.

Anyone else knows if the email address is being monitored and acted upon?
17 Jan 2024, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jan 2024, 20:11 PMNickbn

Not really an answer to my question, more of an opinion on your side, while appreciated, not really useful.

Anyone else knows if the email address is being monitored and acted upon?

Like I said before, Relic stopped banning people in CoH2 entirely. You can imagine the [CoH2] e-mail reports like a piece of paper that goes from the printer straight into the trash bin
17 Jan 2024, 17:30 PM
Donator 33

Coh2 and 3 both lack a formal anti cheat. Thinking an email report system ever kept pace or was acceptable for coh 3 is a laugh. There's several cheats up for 2 and 3 with no ability to stop them on a larger scale. 2 being end of product fine that's what they did but coh 3 needed and still needs anti cheat.
17 Jan 2024, 18:16 PM

Coh2 and 3 both lack a formal anti cheat. Thinking an email report system ever kept pace or was acceptable for coh 3 is a laugh. There's several cheats up for 2 and 3 with no ability to stop them on a larger scale. 2 being end of product fine that's what they did but coh 3 needed and still needs anti cheat.

I remember a Coh3 complaint being that it is running Denuvo. So you are saying Denuvo does not stop cheating?
17 Jan 2024, 20:31 PM
Donator 33

Denuvos main adverting point to publishers is related to piracy unless thats taken a big change. Its also been removed from titles as it brought down performance and their reputation in preventing cheating is pretty laughable. If its got the tools stop ESP efforts, its not working as several cheats for 3 are undetected. The point stands that modern gaming is facing a wave of easy access to cheats and the industry is several steps behind. If Denuvo is meant to stop the map viewing software's being used in COH 3, its not.

17 Jan 2024, 22:24 PM

I get your point and agree. I am not an expert on Denuvo.

My thought process was that Denuvo downloads some pieces of code that runs so you cant hack it. So in my smol mind it seems like you would want that piece of code to have the FOW, Zoom Distance, etc code. So it is run fresh from the Denuvo server every game. Pipe dream I guess.

And by changing the code every so often it would break any current hacks.

As you said, Sega/Relic is probably only worried that we are not copying it for friends. Which is super dumb. Only reason why I played Coh1 was someone gave me a copy. Then I went on to buy 4 copies of every release (for family and friends). So the hack actually sold like 15 copies of the games that would have never been sold.
28 Jan 2024, 21:59 PM

That's why people should stop playing CoH2 and CoH3 until the game is in an acceptable state. But if you play and support. Relic is in a "it's fine by them" state of mind.

But for the people to stop playing a game they are addicted to... not happening sister. CoH3 came out. Played a couple of times. Noticed it was super s*** but had a lot of potential. Stopped playing. CoH2 numbers fell. Uninstalled it.

I have 17.5 hours in CoH3 and I've bought it on the release day. Given how I've played CoH2 for thousands of hours, and got the full game/dlc/exp for 10 dollars. I didn't mind buying before the reviews. To at least give some money back. I really did like CoH2, even though Sander and that German guy destroyed the balance in teamgames
30 Jan 2024, 10:11 AM

I just finished a game against the same cheater that I keep facing as we are similar ranks... Super annoying. I decided to give it a got anyway and the below clip shows how terrible player he is and is 200 rank in 4v4... One in their team ended up leaving and we got a sync error a bit later, hmm?

I agree with Protos, it kinda wants me to stop playing as well. Maybe I should move to other games.

Clear action in the video are in the start and after 5 min mark.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★