When should the next patch come out?

Pick your optimal patch type:
Option Distribution Votes
21%
79%
Total votes: 33
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Apr 2023, 19:06 PM

To me the next patch is critical. With the two blunders they have made, bad release then game store, this next patch could start to turn things around.

I was leaning towards a large patch that fixes a lot of things. But this will take some time. Some things they plan to fix may not pan out in time. This would make the large patch be smaller which may be taken as Relic being lazy, not caring, etc. Since it will take more time, players may disengage further from Coh3 and move on to some other game.

Some people may like smaller patchs more often. Players get excited by patches. So getting a decent patch once a week may be well received by the community. If I was Relic I would make a video saying we will be posting a patch every week. Since player numbers are down, posting a patch every few days would really keep players engaged. They will want to be playing when the patch hits.

I am curious what the community would like? What do you perceive as better?
3 Apr 2023, 19:32 PM

I opt for a large patch if they communicate that properly BUT relic needs to man the fuck up, take blame & be honest for once. Until then all means of communitcation are worth jack shit.

3 Apr 2023, 21:14 PM

I opt for a large patch if they communicate that properly BUT relic needs to man the fuck up, take blame & be honest for once. Until then all means of communitcation are worth jack shit.

Highly agree. A "we fucked up" post is sorely needed. Lmfao.
3 Apr 2023, 21:19 PM

On a more serious note, Relic's idea of a large patch is completely whack, seeing as they had the gall to give a name to the most recent update which amounted to a handful of balance changes stapled to a hotfix patch and some skins thrown in like spare change to a beggar on the street.
3 Apr 2023, 21:23 PM

More frequent, smaller patches would be better. Relic did a terrible job of balancing COH2 with their infrequent, huge balance patches. They had a tendency to make one side uncompetitive for long periods of time.

Right now, balance doesn't feel too terrible for all factions except US. Even for US, it seems like it could be fixed with a few small changes. My suggestion for US is that they make the pack howie non-doc and give it the same range as the LEIG. The Scott badly needs rework. It's comical that Relic made it a short range weapon when it was a mobile howitzer with 4x longer range than a Walking Stuka. Lastly, the aim time on the vet 0 US anti-tank gun is so terrible that the 8 Rad can drive through the arc and the AT gun often doesn't fire. I know people want to complain about the 8 Rad being OP, but I think the bigger problem is that neither bazookas nor AT guns work against it. Lastly, bazookas are garbage right now.

My ideal patch right now would be to make the US changes above, plus make emplacements like 88's take damage while being decrewed, and then give the game a month to let the meta sort out.
4 Apr 2023, 04:49 AM

After sleeping on it, I think I prefer the idea of smaller patches as well. Thinking back of coh2's patch history.

I rather would incremental balance changes rather than the sledgehammer approach.
4 Apr 2023, 11:52 AM

Honestly its not the balance, but the content. I would say, if relic just made more maps to begin with, situation wouldn't have been so dire.

CoH2 was always repetitive, all RTSes are repetitive to some extend, but at least playing on different maps, with different layout and promotes new gameplay to some extend.

Right now, aside from 1v1, eveone else is basically playing on the same 3-4 maps all the time, and its not like they are super good maps to begin with.

4v4 is the most casual and popular gamemode (aside from 2v2), yet it has only 2 maps. 2v2 has 4 maps, 2 of them are just frustrating to play on, because they are just full of gimmics.
4 Apr 2023, 12:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

They neeed to make an "Operation Emergency" patch ASAP. Obvius faction imbalances and bug fixes + map pack

They already have one official map in the Steam Workshop and this map is not in the game (lol).

(6) Benghazi (Relic official map in workshop)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2937375102

Other possible maps:

(2) Crossroads (from Whiteflash)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2940153801&searchtext=

(2) Tunisian Pass (by GB Pirate)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2939650220&searchtext=

(4) Provenance
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2946837150

(6) Serpentin Hill
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2946692106

Nightwolf's 2v2 map pack (oficial 1v1 maps converted to 2v2 along with original created maps)

(4) Catania Coastline
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2938229948

(4) Gardens
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2938309849

(4) Twin Beaches
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2938206553

(4) Road to Tunis
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2938485936

Maps is the way to reduce the discontent between the players.
4 Apr 2023, 12:08 PM

Smaller patches that add some fucking maps already.

Add Sittard Summer 4v4 at this point idgaf
4 Apr 2023, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2023, 12:04 PMnigo
Maps is the way to reduce the discontent between the players.

I like your thinking
4 Apr 2023, 18:23 PM

Smaller faster patches to fix bugs, tidy up unit descriptions and general polishing, and fix obviously broken things.

I'm okay with waiting for larger patches for balance stuff (assuming that means they will be better and more thought out). **big assumption**
4 Apr 2023, 22:53 PM

I don't think any of the balance/bug fixes matter. People don't engage/come back because they fix bugs, or modify some values on units. Nothing is broken to the degree that the game is unplayable.

It is bleeding because of the lack of content. Needs a monthly supply of Battlegroups/Maps.

If you are going to peddle some color-swaps, tweaks and bug-fixes as the highlights of your patches - this isn't a live service game. This is literally patching in the form of software fixes. Live service means regular content updates, and the piss mtx in the store are not the update, they are just... monetization attempts...

It has been over a month and nothing came out. All the fun stuff you had in CoH2 for 4vs4 - it is not there. Scouting for the new 4vs4 map continues.

5 Apr 2023, 17:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

6 Apr 2023, 02:16 AM

lol finally Balanced booby trap
6 Apr 2023, 05:49 AM

Well, we got a quick patch/hotfix on April 5 and the player numbers did not go up. I was really hoping the quick patching would boost numbers. But Wednesday has been the dead spot on counts so far.

I am guessing there was nothing earth shattering so people did not bother to play.
6 Apr 2023, 07:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, we got a quick patch/hotfix on April 5 and the player numbers did not go up. I was really hoping the quick patching would boost numbers. But Wednesday has been the dead spot on counts so far.

I am guessing there was nothing earth shattering so people did not bother to play.

No one is going to come back from a tiny update.
There need to be 3 pages of fixes and 2 pages balancing to convince people that stuff improves.
6 Apr 2023, 07:27 AM

No one is going to come back from a tiny update.
There need to be 3 pages of fixes and 2 pages balancing to convince people that stuff improves.

Exactly. I would have cared for the hotfix if it came out 1 day after 1.1 was released, but im already worn out by blob-pany of medtrucks.

The only hotfixes which come in an express sort of manner, are when it affects the store and ppl. "cheating" the system.

Dont get me wrong, this makes sense from a business aspect, but leaves me bitter given with what was presented and reported during the play tests, and how the game is today.
12 Apr 2023, 03:43 AM

Well boys, we gave it a chance. But Relic just does not share our vision. First big patch is a store and now we have had two worthless fixes. The dream is over.

20 Apr 2023, 10:58 AM

Today is a big day, balance patch time.

"Recent" Steam reviews are at 38%, with the last 3 days averaging 23%. This patch should boost them rookie numbers.

Drum roll..........
20 Apr 2023, 18:21 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %