Login

russian armor

Operation Sapphire Jackal

22 Mar 2023, 19:07 PM
22 Mar 2023, 19:29 PM

One would think REDACTED means some kind of content addition. Map(s), camos, profile customizations, opening of the "Store", or something like that.
22 Mar 2023, 20:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

opening of the "Store", or something like that.

Yay! Finally, the most important feature this game has been missing: The in game store to throw more moneys at Relic.
22 Mar 2023, 22:05 PM

ok aounds good
22 Mar 2023, 22:17 PM

Yay! Finally, the most important feature this game has been missing: The in game store to throw more moneys at Relic.

Not exactly thrilled by it myself but I could see it being one of managements priorities to get the storefront open so that another revenue source is up and running. Gotta keep them lights on.
22 Mar 2023, 23:06 PM

Gameplay balance adjustments are indeed much appreciated.

Not exactly thrilled by it myself but I could see it being one of managements priorities to get the storefront open so that another revenue source is up and running. Gotta keep them lights on.

I wouldn't be surprised if ppl-above-senior-management are breathing on staff to try and cover the extra dev time costs when the game release was pushed back. The store is a necessary part of the game either way. Hopefully the monetisation is relatively benign overall.
23 Mar 2023, 13:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As a business decision, it is the correct thing to do. Sucks as a player though if the game has that many issues but they divert a lot of manpower towards opening up the online store first, because their management was too bad to release the game in a proper state in the first place.

Vaz
24 Mar 2023, 01:33 AM

if the store would speed up the correction of flaws then I'm all for it
24 Mar 2023, 12:17 PM

Boy oh boy, I can't wait to see which critically needed DAK survival unit will be soft-removed from the game now!
24 Mar 2023, 23:14 PM

Would hope for some free content before they jump right into asking for more money. Game needs more maps for sure
25 Mar 2023, 09:29 AM

Would hope for some free content before they jump right into asking for more money. Game needs more maps for sure

don't worry, one 3v3 map is in development and one 4v4 map is being scouted for
Pip
25 Mar 2023, 15:40 PM

"Scouted for"? My immediate reading of that phrase makes me think they're hoping the community makes a 4v4 map FOR them, rather than doing it themselves. I hope I'm misunderstanding.
25 Mar 2023, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2023, 15:40 PMPip

"Scouted for"? My immediate reading of that phrase makes me think they're hoping the community makes a 4v4 map FOR them, rather than doing it themselves. I hope I'm misunderstanding.

well, it's not my wording, it's relics wording (see their recent "Community Insights - PC Launch" video), and they didn't care to explain, so I cannot explain it either

it may mean that they're hoping for some community input (but then why wouldn't they explicitly call for it now?), or that they have a vague concept of an official relic 4v4 map, or something else, i don't know...
25 Mar 2023, 17:10 PM

Making maps in Coh2 was super easy. Making maps in Coh3 is not as simple. The editor is almost unusable on my PC which runs the Coh2 WB very well.

A) I stick to my thoughts that something was not ready in the worldbuilder and they did not get to make maps the whole time. So they had to take them as far as they could and wait.

B) There is something implemented in the maps that the engine could not support on release. So the maps are sitting on a shelf waiting for the devs to finish. Maybe they scrambled and removed things on the lower player mode maps like 1v1 and 2v2 so tournaments would have flavor.

These are the only valid reasons I can think of.

Maybe they had to spend so much time on the single player stuff they did not have time? But that is not really an excuse. That just means the game was released too early.

Hopefully they have already made the 4v4 map and "scouted" means people are looking it over and testing it now.

There are a lot of people on the mapping Discord that are cranking out maps with tools they dont know or have support for. I cant imagine Relic cant crank out a bunch of maps in no time. But it is Relic and nothing they ever do makes any sense at all.
26 Mar 2023, 04:54 AM

Someone had a question about Coh3 mapping I thought I should look at and.... well... the editor runs so bad on my PC I couldn't even try to look at the problem. It says I am getting 45-55 FPS but it is completely unusable.

So that may be the answer as to why there are not enough maps.

It runs ok when you start a map. But once you get a bunch of stuff on the map it is dead in the water. Click something and go get a drink. You may get control back in 3-5 seconds. All the while it says 45 FPS.

The COH2 editor runs 1000x better on my PC.

They dumbed down the graphics on the game so it was faster and went the other way with the editor. It barely runs.

There are a lot of people making maps and they dont seem to have any issues. But their maps may not be complex enough yet??? Or there is some simple thing wrong with my PC. CPU and GPU are floating 25% and RAM is at 7.5GB. Nothing spectacularly being pushed.

On a side note: I hate the new editor. It is not even close to being as good as the Coh2 editor. But I think after you use it for 100 hours it may have some pluses. Just my single data point and personal opinion.

Not that it matters I will never map for Coh3 anyway. But I did want to help out others when possible. Nope, cant do it.
26 Mar 2023, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2023, 17:10 PMRosbone

Maybe they had to spend so much time on the single player stuff they did not have time? But that is not really an excuse. That just means the game was released too early.

There are a lot of people on the mapping Discord that are cranking out maps with tools they dont know or have support for. I cant imagine Relic cant crank out a bunch of maps in no time. But it is Relic and nothing they ever do makes any sense at all.

Oh yes, there are so many, diverse maps for the Campaign skirmish. They must have spent a lot of time making that, right?

Also, for some stupid reason they did not utilize most of the Africa maps they made (most of the maps are cut in gameplay so why did they spend soo much time developing them)?

I also wanted to join in the make some maps, especially a few coop/SP maps but after seeing what a shitfest this edittor is, nope
27 Mar 2023, 19:28 PM
27 Mar 2023, 19:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Relic surely highlights some minor changes (minor as in not much work load needed) if they received enough criticism to ensure players that those will be addressed.
What bugs me is that there are some highlights that I have not read THAT many complaints about. Either they use them as filler in order to make the list a bit longer, or - pessimistic view - there are not that many other things.

Let's wait until tomorrow. At least they started communicating again. Their strategy seems to be to make fewer, but larger patches (I think they did the same for AoE4). I think it is the right choice, at least there will be noticeable differences after each patch that can draw players back into the game and players won't get the feeling of "it's the 10th patch and they still did not really fix things".

Judging by the little info they gave us so far, it looks like they managed to get halfway through to the state that would have been more acceptable for release. Maybe with a patch end of April they will reach that stage, where they have eliminated most of the most embarrassing problems.
27 Mar 2023, 19:53 PM

Bruh, these skins are like the junk you found in Division dumpsters, but with mobile-tier visuals.

And... while I have realistic expectations on Relic's short term capabilities, wishlist would include Seasons instead of random patch names with random updates/store items. Title seasons after the locations/events, debut:
• Map of the said location
• Cosmetics (at least some) from that event
• Battlegroups (could be 1-2 per season), perhaps something thematic if possible. If the Season takes place in Italy, debut something that participated in those battles. If it is an African map, release something for DAK.
• More inspiring challenges
• If the game ever grows into a healthy community, promote some experimental ruleset mode.

27 Mar 2023, 20:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The preview of the store also confirms what I said before:
The fake currency will force you to always have some left over. They show prices of 600, 540, 360, 240. I would bet that you can only buy their fake currency in something like 100, 200, 500, 1000, 5000 etc. This is forcing overpayment.
I just hope they stick to their cosmetics only promise, because we've seen plenty of companies rolling back on this type of promise already.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★