Login

russian armor

Sega ESG funds dissolving

14 Apr 2023, 16:48 PM

Please, for your own value as a person, stop connecting the dots into a conspiracy theory: your ideology and your favorite games are not connected. CoH3 fails independently of being woke.

You are not smarter than the rest, you are not a detective, you do not even have the education, knowledge or experience to connect these dots.

You are just a guy, just like I see the "masterminds" of crypto or investors who are making predictions about crashes or rises every week, and when then 8th prediction aligns with the market that week - they go bingo, I knew it, I have it all figured out.

It all fine to shitpost on the internet, but it makes you objectively a worse person if you believe that you are actually connecting the dots about some woke investment funds ruining your games, while at the same time the "wokest" games like Fortnite, OW, TLOU2 or LoL are the market leaders of their own genres.

14 Apr 2023, 17:03 PM

You are not smarter than the rest, you are not a detective, you do not even have the education, knowledge or experience to connect these dots.

Are you sure? Do you have proof? Please link an article or legal document. Just kidding of course. :snfPeter:

This has been a great read all day. I have learned all sorts of new things.

Please keep it going so we can forget, for a short while, what a complete mess Coh3 is at the moment.

What I keep seeing over and over is that no matter what side of an argument people are on, they all agree Coh3 is a steaming pile of maggot infested excrement. It is the glue that binds us against our common enemy.

Yuengling >> all other beers.

14 Apr 2023, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2023, 17:03 PMRosbone

Are you sure? Do you have proof? Please link an article or legal document. Just kidding of course. :snfPeter:

This has been a great read all day. I have learned all sorts of new things.

Please keep it going so we can forget, for a short while, what a complete mess Coh3 is at the moment.

What I keep seeing over and over is that no matter what side of an argument people are on, they all agree Coh3 is a steaming pile of maggot infested excrement. It is the glue that binds us against our common enemy.

Yuengling >> all other beers.

yuenglings all around.

and bud light spritzer for my buddy fantomasas :banana:
14 Apr 2023, 17:25 PM
5 May 2023, 19:42 PM

Please, for your own value as a person, stop connecting the dots into a conspiracy theory: your ideology and your favorite games are not connected. CoH3 fails independently of being woke.

You are just a guy, just like I see the "masterminds" of crypto or investors who are making predictions about crashes or rises every week, and when then 8th prediction aligns with the market that week - they go bingo, I knew it, I have it all figured out.

It all fine to shitpost on the internet, but it makes you objectively a worse person if you believe that you are actually connecting the dots about some woke investment funds ruining your games, while at the same time the "wokest" games like Fortnite, OW, TLOU2 or LoL are the market leaders of their own genres.

Its totally normal for a Canadian company to be commenting on these issues because ESG investing is not a thing. -Fantoschmuck

Not releasing unfinished games should be a basic human right.
6 May 2023, 23:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2023, 19:42 PMGdot

Its totally normal for a Canadian company to be commenting on these issues because ESG investing is not a thing. -Fantoschmuck

Not releasing unfinished games should be a basic human right.

You are doing this again:
A(Political statement by the studio)
B(ESG Funds)
C(CoH3 quality)

And just lump into one.

Did all the other Sega studios release this statement? Did the people who are making Blue Protocol or Personas make them? No? I wonder why... Could it be because those studios are far from US geographically and employ little to no US staff? How come Persona and Total Wars are winning the awards while they are also funded by the ESG?

It would make much more sense that the left-leaning Canadian neighbors and US immigrants, not some gay cabal overlords directing everything, are at the helm of such PR statements. It is both a PR tool for publicity jumping on popular causes, and the recruitment tool should you want to communicate how progressive your studio is.

And then I did google this John guy... He has no experience in gaming prior to Relic. He has literally gone from small PR projects/intern/education to CM. Your theories about ESG funds don't even fit this bill: it is a white dude, not some ESG mandated diversity hire.

There is a simple explanation why CoH3 sucks: because people are unqualified and/or inexperienced.

Don't blame the gays or minorities, don't look for the woke cabal, don't try to connect the dots - you are so far behind that you need help understanding that you are just not capable of making such unified theories. I am pretty sure you are connecting these dots on everything in your life, but life is easier when you aren't fighting the windmills and stay within your range of expertise.
7 May 2023, 02:38 AM

There is a simple explanation why CoH3 sucks: because people are unqualified and/or inexperienced.

I guess Sega just decided to hire all these unqualified or inexperienced people because they thought it would be funny or something.
7 May 2023, 12:27 PM

Darn it, and all this time, I thought troubled launches were because making video games is a difficult and complicated task that often goes wrong, but it turns out it was all caused by a massive conspiracy.

7 May 2023, 17:32 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2023, 12:27 PMwuff
Darn it, and all this time, I thought troubled launches were because making video games is a difficult and complicated task that often goes wrong, but it turns out it was all caused by a massive conspiracy.

if you have the correct world view, making a good game is as easy as eating. This is why some games are good, some are trash.
7 May 2023, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The big question is:
If CoH3 is fucked up due to ESG, is the Total War series so good because Creative Assembly (allegedly) bullies and sexually assaults its employees? :snfPeter:
8 May 2023, 01:16 AM

"The biggest loser was some mobile game schmuck who somehow became the producer of DOW3, hired his wife... the actual problems of bad workers and nepotism"

Is this true? I mean I thought it looked like a mobile game from the first trailer but I was just shitting on the art style/graphics. Are they so bad because this was designed for eventually getting a MOBILE app in place? THIS IS THE REAL HORROR.

8 May 2023, 13:12 PM

I don't think it was an attempt at anything in the mobile market at all, rest assured there would have been announcements and promotional stuff related if that was the case. However, it was a pretty naked attempt at emulating the style and general aesthetic of Blizzard RTS games and League of Legends in an attempt to draw in MOBA kids. I loathe that particular aesthetic style (itself ripped off from tabletop Warhammer many eons ago) and it was one of the design decisions I disagreed with the most, although I don't think it compromises the gameplay significantly enough for it to make me reject the game completely.
8 May 2023, 20:20 PM

I don't think it was an attempt at anything in the mobile market at all, rest assured there would have been announcements and promotional stuff related if that was the case. However, it was a pretty naked attempt at emulating the style and general aesthetic of Blizzard RTS games and League of Legends in an attempt to draw in MOBA kids. I loathe that particular aesthetic style (itself ripped off from tabletop Warhammer many eons ago) and it was one of the design decisions I disagreed with the most, although I don't think it compromises the gameplay significantly enough for it to make me reject the game completely.

Sorry bro but I meant was this mobile producer and his wife still in play for Coh 3 or did they get the sack?
9 May 2023, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 May 2023, 20:20 PMSocks

Sorry bro but I meant was this mobile producer and his wife still in play for Coh 3 or did they get the sack?

I don't have the evidence.

I was hyped for DOW3, it all tumbled out shortly after launch, almost 5 years ago. I remember neither the names, nor the exact positions.

Some leave, the Linkedin drifters, going from project to project. Like the locust, it is a plague in AAA: so many employees over-inflate their achievements with ChatGPT sounding resumes, get hired/promoted into the roles they are unqualified for, and when the project sinks/underperforms - they just go into a different studio. The musical chairs: from mobile to Relic to Eidos to EA to Ubisoft. There is no fault with the people: salaries are lucrative, benefits with jobs, paid monthly years before the project is ever released, no personal stakes like royalties if the project succeeds or fails.

Just look at Relic entertainment linkedin profiles to see what sort of experience people running it now have.

We all expect what we used to take as granted: nerds, artists, gamers making games with passion and soul. Attention to detail that no corporate job description can ever expect. Responsibilities that don't involve writing reports and looking good for the picture/PR, but actually getting shit done. Devs taking the actual pride in their games, taking responsibility when things don't work out. It is still there, just not in the most AAA games produced/developed by those people who are only there for the high paycheck and the linkedin tickbox to ask for even a higher paycheck next project.

I am rambling and shitposting, but my opinion is that you can predict the quality of the game based on the employee history. If the studio has a high turnover, it is a bad sign. If the studio has many resumes with mobile/non-gaming projects as past experiences - it is a bad sign.

9 May 2023, 10:40 AM

I've been repeating for years, big gaming needs reality-check collapse like it had in the 80s.

Corporations got too bloated, quality of releases drops all the time, pretty much every single multiplayer game and half of single player AAA releases were dropped in "early access/beta" state over last half a decade, console ports work worse then ever even on most powerful hardware.

All the AAA gaming companies need reality check - they are to make games and make players happy, not to rimjob investors in a futile chase of unreachable and impossible "infinity and exponential growth of the company".
9 May 2023, 21:59 PM

I don't have the evidence.

I was hyped for DOW3, it all tumbled out shortly after launch, almost 5 years ago. I remember neither the names, nor the exact positions.

Some leave, the Linkedin drifters, going from project to project. Like the locust, it is a plague in AAA: so many employees over-inflate their achievements with ChatGPT sounding resumes, get hired/promoted into the roles they are unqualified for, and when the project sinks/underperforms - they just go into a different studio. The musical chairs: from mobile to Relic to Eidos to EA to Ubisoft. There is no fault with the people: salaries are lucrative, benefits with jobs, paid monthly years before the project is ever released, no personal stakes like royalties if the project succeeds or fails.

Just look at Relic entertainment linkedin profiles to see what sort of experience people running it now have.

We all expect what we used to take as granted: nerds, artists, gamers making games with passion and soul. Attention to detail that no corporate job description can ever expect. Responsibilities that don't involve writing reports and looking good for the picture/PR, but actually getting shit done. Devs taking the actual pride in their games, taking responsibility when things don't work out. It is still there, just not in the most AAA games produced/developed by those people who are only there for the high paycheck and the linkedin tickbox to ask for even a higher paycheck next project.

I am rambling and shitposting, but my opinion is that you can predict the quality of the game based on the employee history. If the studio has a high turnover, it is a bad sign. If the studio has many resumes with mobile/non-gaming projects as past experiences - it is a bad sign.

There's alot of people working fake jobs. If only all countries weren't run by 65 year old men, laws would get passed making this type of shitfest unaccpectable. We need a massive increase in the amount of transparency. Government regulation needs to direct the flow of the free market (not completely control it) to penalize these anti consumer practices and reward amazing games. If all our politican's pockets weren't stuff so full of corporate cash...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight