Login

russian armor

Why don't axis factions get access to demo charges?

1 Nov 2022, 18:48 PM

Demo charges are fun D:
1 Nov 2022, 18:50 PM

Goliaths don't count
1 Nov 2022, 18:52 PM

Obers booby trap is pretty close.
1 Nov 2022, 18:55 PM

Booby trap is cool but it's not a metric shitton of TNT hidden in a bush xD
1 Nov 2022, 20:01 PM

not really...

You can test them...
1 Nov 2022, 20:02 PM

Booby trap is cool but it's not a metric shitton of TNT hidden in a bush xD

It wouldn't be fun to flank a OST with a setup defense, send your squad around a corner or bush and have them mauled by camouflaged, trigger by player, super-mine
1 Nov 2022, 20:07 PM

It wouldn't be fun to flank a OST with a setup defense, send your squad around a corner or bush and have them mauled by camouflaged, trigger by player, super-mine

So it's fun to flank a SOV with a setup defense, send your squad around a corner or bush and have them mauled by camouflaged, trigger by player, super-mine?

I'm not trying to give my enemy a fun time, I'm trying to see limbs and guts paint the sky like streamers at a birthday party.
1 Nov 2022, 20:20 PM

wehr pioneers get satchel charges

Demo charges are almost exclusively used to cheese people, and are visible to enemies without sweepers. I think wehr/okw can live without them, they got other tools
1 Nov 2022, 20:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2022, 20:01 PMVipper

not really...

You can test them...

They aren't as devestating but clumped squad takes massive damage. Have had squads die to well placed Ober in retreat path.
1 Nov 2022, 20:27 PM

Do they need them? USf only get them on doc squads, same goes for UKF as far as I know

Soviets are technically the only ones who always have them. And demos are a shell of what they used to be anyway, they used to be prety OP

They aren't as devestating but clumped squad takes massive damage. Have had squads die to well placed Ober in retreat path.

Not to mention u need a sweeper to spot booby trap. But any squad can spot demos and easily destroy them
1 Nov 2022, 20:31 PM

wehr pioneers get satchel charges

Yeah meh. I can instakill buildings now. It's alright I guess. Not vanilla though.

Demo charges are almost exclusively used to cheese people, and are visible to enemies without sweepers.

Correct. But that doesn't mean they aren't fun to use or useful

I think wehr/okw can live without them

Probably.
1 Nov 2022, 20:33 PM

Do they need them?

No. Do soviets? No. But they have them anyways.
1 Nov 2022, 20:35 PM

Off topic but booby traps have this neat feature where as long as you stay in the capture zone it won't go off, so you can use this to pick when you want the booby trap to go off. I do like booby traps to be completely fair.
1 Nov 2022, 21:10 PM

? I have never seen a wipe in full HP squad from a boobytrap I have seen from demos
1 Nov 2022, 21:26 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I assume it's a holdover from coh1 when the Americans could get them with tech.
1 Nov 2022, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2022, 21:10 PMVipper

? I have never seen a wipe in full HP squad from a boobytrap I have seen from demos

Yeah, it isn't possible for one to fully wipe a squad like a demo charge as far as i know, but if you can get multiple squads to stand on one before it goes off, it will do heavy damage to all of them.

It would probably be OP if it worked like a demo charge or a goliath.
1 Nov 2022, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2022, 21:10 PMVipper

I didn't say they did, but if the squad is clumped together as the trap triggers they take massive damage. Parking an Ober nearby can get some easy wipes especially if there is a lot going on.
1 Nov 2022, 23:09 PM

Yeah, it isn't possible for one to fully wipe a squad like a demo charge as far as i know, but if you can get multiple squads to stand on one before it goes off, it will do heavy damage to all of them.

It would probably be OP if it worked like a demo charge or a goliath.

You can't have a squad "stand on one". It really is dependent on rng too.
1 Nov 2022, 23:14 PM

You can't have a squad "stand on one". It really is dependent on rng too.

I meant that you can use one of your own units to stop it from detonating. It's very situational but you can do it.
1 Nov 2022, 23:37 PM

I didn't say they did, but if the squad is clumped together as the trap triggers they take massive damage. Parking an Ober nearby can get some easy wipes especially if there is a lot going on.

Booby traps and demolition charge have very little common other than both explode.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★