Login

russian armor

CoH3 trailer

26 Aug 2022, 14:40 PM

Another trailer popped up from the game, supposedly two and a half months before release.

• Broken animations.
  • Boring footage and decent gameplay.
  • Downgraded graphics (now it looks 100% like a mobile game ad, especially from the grand strategy perspective).

I want COH3 to succeed more than anyone, but do you really, 100% believe it is going to be decent when two months before release they show you this?

Not joking, no irony. I am looking forward to your thoughts.
26 Aug 2022, 17:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

If you truly want COH3 to succeed more than anyone then you would not solely post negative shit. Someone who wants COH3 to succeed would write constructive posts. I really despise your (and Rosbone's) negativity. All your posts are the same and are honestly ruining this forum experience for me. At the moment this forum is dead to me because of it ... bye.
26 Aug 2022, 17:43 PM

I think it's good enough , we have been asking for a sequel for so long so i could care less if it is graphicly not a big leap anyway.

All they have to do is get the balance somewhat right , create some fun maps and work out features and pieces that helps out new players in the franchise.
26 Aug 2022, 18:00 PM

It does seem like its unfinished.

Not sure why they set that release date. No one was expecting it that fast.

Take the time and get the game right please.
26 Aug 2022, 18:08 PM

Balistics and explosions look ugly as hell
26 Aug 2022, 18:18 PM

If you truly want COH3 to succeed more than anyone then you would not solely post negative shit. Someone who wants COH3 to succeed would write constructive posts. I really despise your (and Rosbone's) negativity. All your posts are the same and are honestly ruining this forum experience for me. At the moment this forum is dead to me because of it ... bye.

OK, since your brain seems to be modeled like someone would speak to a child, let me rephrase it as a "constructive" post:
  • The graphical design could use a bit more love right?
  • The scenes shown are not exactly immersive. Maybe Relic could remake it using better footage?
  • The explosions and VFX look somewhat dated. Maybe Relic could have hired a better graphical designer?
  • The release date seems to be 2.5 months from now... maybe the game is not going to be so good?

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 17:43 PMSolved
I think it's good enough , we have been asking for a sequel for so long so i could care less if it is graphicly not a big leap anyway.

All they have to do is get the balance somewhat right , create some fun maps and work out features and pieces that helps out new players in the franchise.

Agreed.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 18:00 PMGdot
It does seem like its unfinished.

Not sure why they set that release date. No one was expecting it that fast.

Take the time and get the game right please.

Maybe they need some time more.

26 Aug 2022, 20:31 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

OK, since your brain seems to be modeled like someone would speak to a child, let me rephrase it as a "constructive" post:
  • The graphical design could use a bit more love right?
  • The scenes shown are not exactly immersive. Maybe Relic could remake it using better footage?
  • The explosions and VFX look somewhat dated. Maybe Relic could have hired a better graphical designer?
  • The release date seems to be 2.5 months from now... maybe the game is not going to be so good?

You completely missed my point. It is not about harsh language. I wouldn't expect anything else on the internet. It is about "Relic is bad" "CoH is bad" "I am always right" rant. If you want the game to get better, then post how you would like to see all these bad things change. Send them feedback.

Nevertheless, I will continue looking forward to the game, warts and all. Sure they have plenty to improve, but I won't judge until they release the game. All anouncements show great potential. And if it is not perfect then I will gladly make another mod with my personal preferences and provide them bugfixes where possible like I did in the past many years. That is how you can help the game get better.
26 Aug 2022, 21:28 PM

That railway arty explosion is extremely pathetic and tracers look out of place, I hope they get polished/changed before release.

I would like to know though where this "mobile game graphics" bullshit is coming from, someone wants to elaborate? So far it simply looks like upgraded CoH2 graphics but more colorful, which is not only authentic for southern italy but also a nice change after the depressing grey & brown colors in CoH in the last 16 years
26 Aug 2022, 21:34 PM

At the moment this forum is dead to me because of it ... bye.

Someone finally gets it. Relics match making is killing this game. How you feel about our comments is exactly how 1000's of players feel every day about MM.

Why stick around and play in this trash state? Bye.

Why buy Coh3 when Coh2 is such a mess? Bye.

Relic is negating the years of work everyone here has done to make Coh2 better. Why should we reward them by buying Coh3? Bye.

I do not see this as negativity. I see this as truth.

If I wanted to be negative, I could go into detail how they messed up everything they have ever done as a company when it came to supporting and growing the COH2 community. That would be very negative. But would also be a cautionary tale to Relic and anyone who helps them in the future. So maybe I should, since there is knowledge to be learned from it?
26 Aug 2022, 21:46 PM

luckily a lot of communties will grow out from the release of CoH3 , so i can abandon this one. Not like i was ever part of it here but this forum is so negative i will follow up with sneakeye to somewhere else anyway.

That is already what makes CoH3 such a welcome thing to happen in many years.
27 Aug 2022, 05:24 AM
Senior Editor Badge

If anyone here wants to play CoH2 with people and join a positive community, come to The Angry Bears Discord server. We play more than just coh2 — aoe4, WOWs, War Thunder, New World, and various other strategy games!
27 Aug 2022, 14:06 PM

I did not play any of the alpha's. So, I only have limited viewing so far. I sort of agree with your assessment.

A key ingredient to a successful video game is the animations and sound feedback players get. One reason I say Quake 3 was the best FPS ever was it felt "right". Between the sounds and actions on the screen you could get immersed easily. As an example, switching to Unreal Tournament felt disconnected to things that were happening. This is why I say Robotron, Super Mario, Quake 3, Coh2 are the best of their genres. And a major reason the Nintendo WII was so successful. It ditched super high res ultra realism for the immersion and instant feedback our bodies enjoy the most from well designed video games.

PHYSICS
In my mind, vCoh had the much better physics than Coh2. This made things feel more real. Many of the physics reactions in Coh2 are broken and really do not look or feel good. Things either don't react realistically or are so broken they fly off the screen in weird displays. I really, really, miss vCoh physics. It was half the fun for me.

I have not seen enough of Coh3 to form an opinion. The building animations look fun. We shall see.

SOUND
Coh2 makes up for its bad physics engine with better sound. I feel much more tuned in to the clanks, plinks, and booms of Coh2. When you hear a sound it feels real and you can identify what is happening easily.

Having not played Coh3, I do not know how good the sound feedback is.

GRAPHICS
Coh2 has an edge over vCoh here. But again there are a few broken animations that make it not great. The texture resolutions and design are much better. It looks much more advanced and realistic. But many people still like the vCoh visual style with its blurry, dark, and gritty looking textures. I miss some of the buildings in vCoh but overall feel Coh2 is much better.

Coh3 has upped the ante again in the texture quality department. The textures are higher resolution and have more variety. And we finally have more real-world objects, so we don't have to see a piano and bathtub in the middle of an open field anymore. But again, the higher res textures have people saying it looks like a mobile game and they do not like it.

Where Coh3 seems to have fallen backwards is the smoke, tracer, etc animations. They look less realistic to me.

ANIMATIONS
I do not pay attention to unit animations much. But from what I have seen things feel slightly sped up and janky.

FINAL ASSESMENT
I really like much of Coh3s advancements but feel personally like some things have gone backwards.

That said, I think most players reading this have 1000's of hours in game and will need some time playing to get used to Coh3. I don't think you can really make an assessment until you have played 100 hours to tune your bodies anticipations to the new sounds and animations. When I went from vCoh to Coh2 it was a shock to the system. It took a little while before I could really feel how much better Coh2 was. Coh3 may be the same way, you may play it and find after some time you really like it.
28 Aug 2022, 14:47 PM

One thing is for sure, the graphics look like they are plasticine or toy soldiers. And the main screen of the game is now a splash screen from a mobile game. All this, as well as the absence of Italy at the start and the ridiculous Black Prince, just pushes me away from the game. The people who are marketing this game are getting their salaries for nothing.
28 Aug 2022, 15:56 PM

My advice to you:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/company-of-farts/kjnpeggobfjeljakmfndnnpbjdllcohb
29 Aug 2022, 15:25 PM

You completely missed my point. It is not about harsh language. I wouldn't expect anything else on the internet. It is about "Relic is bad" "CoH is bad" "I am always right" rant. If you want the game to get better, then post how you would like to see all these bad things change. Send them feedback.

Nevertheless, I will continue looking forward to the game, warts and all. Sure they have plenty to improve, but I won't judge until they release the game. All anouncements show great potential. And if it is not perfect then I will gladly make another mod with my personal preferences and provide them bugfixes where possible like I did in the past many years. That is how you can help the game get better.

it's constructive enough don't worry about it and if you want more """"proof"""" look at the comments on the original video even normies realize how pathetic this is
29 Aug 2022, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 21:34 PMRosbone

Someone finally gets it. Relics match making is killing this game. How you feel about our comments is exactly how 1000's of players feel every day about MM.

Why stick around and play in this trash state? Bye.

Why buy Coh3 when Coh2 is such a mess? Bye.

Relic is negating the years of work everyone here has done to make Coh2 better. Why should we reward them by buying Coh3? Bye.

I do not see this as negativity. I see this as truth.

If I wanted to be negative, I could go into detail how they messed up everything they have ever done as a company when it came to supporting and growing the COH2 community. That would be very negative. But would also be a cautionary tale to Relic and anyone who helps them in the future. So maybe I should, since there is knowledge to be learned from it?

Relic
>make horrible coh2 game, but over time with love and care bring it to playable state
>post 2018 abandon it
>keep source code closed
>its a miracle game survives this long
>decide to create a coh3
>literally looks worse than coh1

normies
>"omg just wait and see">:(>:(>:(
29 Aug 2022, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2022, 21:46 PMSolved
luckily a lot of communties will grow out from the release of CoH3 , so i can abandon this one. Not like i was ever part of it here but this forum is so negative i will follow up with sneakeye to somewhere else anyway.

That is already what makes CoH3 such a welcome thing to happen in many years.

lmao if you call realism "negativity" then I hate to see how you manage life bro
29 Aug 2022, 15:33 PM

One thing is for sure, the graphics look like they are plasticine or toy soldiers. And the main screen of the game is now a splash screen from a mobile game. All this, as well as the absence of Italy at the start and the ridiculous Black Prince, just pushes me away from the game. The people who are marketing this game are getting their salaries for nothing.

lmao exactly i can only hope they have a dedicated dept for marketing and not some poor intern that just read marketing 101
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS