Login

russian armor

Further Evidence that COH3 is Trash

PAGES (11)down
30 Aug 2022, 12:57 PM

Why are you asking me? Would it honestly ruin the game for you if they did?

I really don't think the vast majority of the playerbase would be upset.

ΟΚ
30 Aug 2022, 14:07 PM

Then why not add Space Marines and Rivendell Elves to the game? Nobody says that the game should be 1000% historically true and the tank has a rivet in the wrong place. But the game did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War, and this really worsens the immersion in the game. Also, game mechanics do not equal authenticity. The fact that the game has a small scale does not mean that it negates the authenticity of the game.

When infantry skins were shown that ruined the WWII atmosphere of immersion and authenticity by making it closer to the Rainbow Six Siege game, it caused obvious questions and denial. But when a tank is added to the game that does the same - pff, don't care.

Coh has deviated from the canons of ww2 multiple times, have you ever heard of self repairing tanks that did so under fire, while moving? Neither have I, armor doesn't meld together like its 40k necrodermis armor.

But coh1 sure did have it! Global repair abilities :)
30 Aug 2022, 14:51 PM

Coh has deviated from the canons of ww2 multiple times, have you ever heard of self repairing tanks that did so under fire, while moving? Neither have I, armor doesn't meld together like its 40k necrodermis armor.

But coh1 sure did have it! Global repair abilities :)

Ah, that's cute. When there is nothing left to argue (Bergetiger was a good trump card that was beaten), then you decided to compare soft and square - game mechanics and the canon of the Second World War.
30 Aug 2022, 16:18 PM

Ah, that's cute. When there is nothing left to argue (Bergetiger was a good trump card that was beaten), then you decided to compare soft and square - game mechanics and the canon of the Second World War.

Let it go man. If it bothers you that much, play a historical realism ww2 game instead of an RTS like coh. There are plenty out there.
30 Aug 2022, 16:51 PM

You complain about authenticity, coh has never been a truly authentic game. The bergetiger wasn't even in France lol. It was found in Italy but that's beside the point. At what points do we draw the line, -just- units? That's ludicrous.

You drew comparisons of having the black prince in coh3 as a some sort of thing that all cards should be off the table and anything goes... but that doesn't go for the absurd abilities that exist in the game. The ability to mold and repair armor, bring wrecks back in the manner of seconds. For artillery to be precision bombing tanks with literal pinpoint accuracy. Are all extremely inauthentic and ridiculous. Why are these allowed to be exceptions but a *single* unit, that never saw combat (in a game with regenerating corpses, men that can go from the brink of death to life, tools that had no more than 10 of them, experimental and extremely rare units that act as the main toolset of a given faction) Is even more insane to me.

I mean with wrecks that come out as brand new after being completely destroyed is just insane, might as well have wounded soldiers recover in the matter of minutes.... oh that's been done, well we might as well have units that can teleport into previously garrisoned structures... oh that's been done.
Well at this point we may as well have nazi zombies that regenerate and come back from the dead when they're killed!

See what I'm saying?
30 Aug 2022, 16:52 PM

Black Prince is probably so normies can have some cool big tank to make. And the brit faction in general is made for people new to the game that do not have micro yet. Their stuff is always OP and requires no management.

Question for me is should Coh3 have MORE giant tanks or less. I often hear people talk about vCoh because it had more light vehicle play. Should Coh3 really stretch out the early-middle game rather than rush out some I-win tanks?
30 Aug 2022, 16:55 PM

You complain about authenticity, coh has never been a truly authentic game. The bergetiger wasn't even in France lol. It was found in Italy but that's beside the point. At what points do we draw the line, -just- units? That's ludicrous.

You drew comparisons of having the black prince in coh3 as a some sort of thing that all cards should be off the table and anything goes... but that doesn't go for the absurd abilities that exist in the game. The ability to mold and repair armor, bring wrecks back in the manner of seconds. For artillery to be precision bombing tanks with literal pinpoint accuracy. Are all extremely inauthentic and ridiculous. Why are these allowed to be exceptions but a *single* unit, that never saw combat (in a game with regenerating corpses, men that can go from the brink of death to life, tools that had no more than 10 of them, experimental and extremely rare units that act as the main toolset of a given faction) Is even more insane to me.

I mean with wrecks that come out as brand new after being completely destroyed is just insane, might as well have wounded soldiers recover in the matter of minutes.... oh that's been done, well we might as well have units that can teleport into previously garrisoned structures... oh that's been done.
Well at this point we may as well have nazi zombies that regenerate and come back from the dead when they're killed!

See what I'm saying?

Yes, I understand, you continue to compare the square with the soft: game mechanics and authenticity.
30 Aug 2022, 16:56 PM

Yes, I understand, you continue to compare the square with the soft: game mechanics and authenticity.

Game mechanics and authenticity absolutely go hand in hand though. Just look at tarkov.
30 Aug 2022, 16:58 PM

Game mechanics and authenticity absolutely go hand in hand though. Just look at tarkov.

No, it's just a subspecies - hardcore
30 Aug 2022, 16:59 PM

What? Those two things are directly linked

Look at air support in coh2. Having air to ground attacks track targets with the accuracy that they do is absurd. Irl in ww2 it was extremely difficult to accurately hit anything on the ground from a plane
30 Aug 2022, 17:04 PM

What? Those two things are directly linked

Look at air support in coh2. Having air to ground attacks track targets with the accuracy that they do is absurd. Irl in ww2 it was extremely difficult to accurately hit anything on the ground from a plane

Jesus Christ, you again compare the square with the soft. Did air support, IL-2 attack aircraft on the ground exist in World War II? Hell yes. If it didn't exist but was in the game then it wouldn't be authentic. Stop comparing things that are not directly related.
30 Aug 2022, 17:12 PM

Jesus Christ, you again compare the square with the soft. Did air support, IL-2 attack aircraft on the ground exist in World War II? Hell yes. If it didn't exist but was in the game then it wouldn't be authentic. Stop comparing things that are not directly related.

Why is your only threshold for realism whether or not the unit existed? That's such an dumb cutoff for deciding what's accurate or not

Did stukas and hawkers exist? Sure. How often did they kill or even damage tanks? Almost never. It was so rare that it's not even worth mentioning as a reliable option. And yet they do so reliably in coh2

How about soviet AT overwatch? Are you going to tell me that because it's possible for artillery to kill tanks that means that an ability which rains down shells on tanks with perfect accuracy is realistic?

You not given a single reason why these things aren't related. You just say they aren't and expect people to agree
30 Aug 2022, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2022, 16:52 PMRosbone
Black Prince is probably so normies can have some cool big tank to make. And the brit faction in general is made for people new to the game that do not have micro yet. Their stuff is always OP and requires no management.

Question for me is should Coh3 have MORE giant tanks or less. I often hear people talk about vCoh because it had more light vehicle play. Should Coh3 really stretch out the early-middle game rather than rush out some I-win tanks?

The black prince is there to be a tiger equivalent, probably for balancing purposes. I still remember USF release, no heavies vs tigers and KTs, made the late game brutal especially in metas where heavies dominated (which is a solid 70-80% of the metas up until 2019 essentially)

As for coh1, the early-mid game should be stretched out, but people don't know this fun fact, the timing for a greyhound is 7-8 minutes. an AC can come out at like 5-6. The timings are actually arguably even faster than coh2s, its just there's no timer so people trick themselves into thinking it was longer. (The even longer answer is, in certain matchups, the early mid game never ends for US, as the teaching was designed in a really poor way, where once you committed to t3, which is the optimal tier 70% of the time, you basically could not reach t4 unless the game went on forever, instead you just spam snipers and at guns against PE. Wehr is slightly different, but most of the time it comes down to the call in battlegroup.)

Personally, i believe all factions should have heavies that are comparable to some extent, with assymetrical benefits, just don't want something like... the Churchill vs tiger, where one is basically just a worse version in every imaginable way except hp to the other.
30 Aug 2022, 17:21 PM

Why is your only threshold for realism whether or not the unit existed? That's such an dumb cutoff for deciding what's accurate or not

Did stukas and hawkers exist? Sure. How often did they kill or even damage tanks? Almost never. It was so rare that it's not even worth mentioning as a reliable option. And yet they do so reliably in coh2

How about soviet AT overwatch? Are you going to tell me that because it's possible for artillery to kill tanks that means that an ability which rains down shells on tanks with perfect accuracy is realistic?

You not given a single reason why these things aren't related. You just say they aren't and expect people to agree

I am not a big fan of the Soviet Overwatch ability, the PTAB would have been more authentic, but this does not negate the fact that the tanks were fired upon by large-caliber artillery on the orders of the observer team, and a good observer could aim the artillery with jewelry, for example, the Soviet mortars were superbly trained and the old ability "high-precision mortar fire" was 100% authentic but not balanced. And the Soviet Overwatch ability is quite accurate here, as soon as the tank goes into the fog of war and is unavailable to the observer, it’s like the fire becomes very bad and then does almost no damage.
30 Aug 2022, 17:29 PM

I think orangepest pointed the right idea, why the gameplay can be yolo and totally innacurate but a single tank on a not even realeased game is enough to get you out of immersion. I get that you don't like the BP fine but call doomsday on coh3 because of that single tank seems a bit out of place.
Feels like it's only on your ideas, unrealistic planz fine, laser guided arty fine but a prototype tank ?!??! NOT ON MY WATCH....
30 Aug 2022, 17:34 PM

I am not a big fan of the Soviet Overwatch ability, the PTAB would have been more authentic, but this does not negate the fact that the tanks were fired upon by large-caliber artillery on the orders of the observer team, and a good observer could aim the artillery with jewelry, for example, the Soviet mortars were superbly trained and the old ability "high-precision mortar fire" was 100% authentic but not balanced.

Are you talking about precision shot? Cause I don't disagree there, that was a single shot from a single weapon. Very different from multiple howitzers zeroing in on a tank almost instantly. And it tracking it with perfect accuracy

The effectiveness of most of the offmaps in coh2 is extremely exaggerated. And there are plenty of units in it that also weren't that common (pershing, sturmtiger, ostwind). Maybe none as "non-existent" as the black prince, but this lack of realism is nothing new to coh
30 Aug 2022, 17:37 PM

Tbh this whole thread feels like somoeone who would say he'll never sc3 (it's an example) because the space suit are unrealistic...
30 Aug 2022, 17:48 PM

Are you talking about precision shot? Cause I don't disagree there, that was a single shot from a single weapon. Very different from multiple howitzers zeroing in on a tank almost instantly. And it tracking it with perfect accuracy

The effectiveness of most of the offmaps in coh2 is extremely exaggerated. And there are plenty of units in it that also weren't that common (pershing, sturmtiger, ostwind). Maybe none as "non-existent" as the black prince, but this lack of realism is nothing new to coh

Dude, stop comparing game mechanics and authenticity. If the game had an A-10 or SU-25 with guided anti-tank missiles, this is one thing. But the game did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War and did not add AK assault rifles.

In the Battle of Kursk, the Elephant suffered hellishly from artillery, one of the Soviet tactics of moving barrage fire on advancing tanks. And such a slow and tasty target as the Elephant was an excellent target for artillery, especially if he was immobilized on a mine. Doesn't it remind you of anything? You also try to use your abilities against heavy tanks when their engine is damaged

And you continue to compare soft with square, was there a real artillery fire that is called "Overwatch" in the game? Yes, it was, but they work for the sake of balance and game design, they do not work like in reality, but it was. Stop comparing mechanics and authenticity.
30 Aug 2022, 18:09 PM

Dude, stop comparing game mechanics and authenticity. If the game had an A-10 or SU-25 with guided anti-tank missiles, this is one thing. But the game did not deviate from the canons of the Second World War and did not add AK assault rifles.

You still haven't given a good reason why those things aren't related. Like I said the planes in ww2 behave way ahead of their time

Your mention of future planes is perfect, the accuracy of stuka/hawker/p47 AT ability is extremely exaggerated in this game. But you have no problem with it simply because the planes are named correctly? That makes no fucking sense at all
30 Aug 2022, 18:13 PM

You still haven't given a good reason why those things aren't related. Like I said the planes in ww2 behave way ahead of their time

Your mention of future planes is perfect, the accuracy of stuka/hawker/p47 AT ability is extremely exaggerated in this game. But you have no problem with it simply because the planes are named correctly? That makes no fucking sense at all

All I see is no point in talking with you further when you learn not to compare authenticity - IL-2, P-47 and A-10 with SU-25 and mechanics / balance how exactly they behave in the game.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS