Login

russian armor

long vision range cancer

10 Jul 2022, 09:16 AM

We have people complaining about Path&Scott but do they release what's really going on today in 2vs2?

-OKW> Overwatch every single game, and if not then Scavenger, Grand Offensive or Breakthrough. You only see other commanders in 2vs2 if its 2 OKW and one already picked Overwatch and even then really scarcely because 2 Overwatch is even better than 1.

-Ostheer> Jaeger Armor insta pick if there is 2 Ostheer and then there is a bit more variety when its OKW/Ostheer since OKW insta pick Overwatch.

All of this without Airborn or Reco being on the field so no pathfinders excuse.

The game has become a long vision range cancer game.
10 Jul 2022, 13:53 PM

bruh... that is bad design.
could we nerf both of them ?. No, jst only Scott and Path :D
You see, we are at the state when everything sovles by long range combat.
10 Jul 2022, 16:34 PM

Sorry but this is incoherent mumbling with little to no use of commas. The point of this thread is?
10 Jul 2022, 17:02 PM

The point of this thread is?

Is to tell that both OKW\Ostheer use abilities which gives increased vision, exemplifying that main reason why people use Paths is vision, because other factions also prefer vision abilities.

10 Jul 2022, 17:08 PM

Is to tell that both OKW\Ostheer use abilities which gives increased vision, exemplifying that main reason why people use Paths is vision, because other factions also prefer vision abilities.

The only real issue with vision currently are the pfussies flares. Last 30 seconds, cooldown 18 seconds and on a unit that has natural extended vision by upgrade, and excellent firepower (especially on the move), and a nade. As Hans called it: "The best infantry in the game". That and the 72 vision KT with commander upgrade and spearhead which tightrope called "extremely broken".
Paths shouldn't be a mainline replacement and I absolutely love watching path spammers get wrecked by LVs.
JLIs also shouldn't be mainline replacements.

Spotting scopes is a stupid concept and should have had a 5 second delay. Sort of like a set-up.
Same with paths/JLI. If you're moving, you get normal 35 range sight. If you're static for say 2 seconds (let's say that paths take out the binoculars), you get 50 sight.

So many glaring stupidities but it's still pointless to argue about them
10 Jul 2022, 17:14 PM

The only real issue with vision currently are the pfussies flares. Last 30 seconds, cooldown 18 seconds and on a unit that has natural extended vision by upgrade, and excellent firepower (especially on the move), and a nade. As Hans called it: "The best infantry in the game". That and the 72 vision KT with commander upgrade and spearhead which tightrope called "extremely broken".
Paths shouldn't be a mainline replacement and I absolutely love watching path spammers get wrecked by LVs.
JLIs also shouldn't be mainline replacements.

Spotting scopes is a stupid concept and should have had a 5 second delay. Sort of like a set-up.
Same with paths/JLI. If you're moving, you get normal 35 range sight. If you're static for say 2 seconds (let's say that paths take out the binoculars), you get 50 sight.

So many glaring stupidities but it's still pointless to argue about them

Have you ever used spotting scopes?

September 10th 2019
"Spotting scopes

An activiation delay has been added to spotting scopes as the immediate vision boost allowed vehicles to quickly get shots off on targets outside of their sight range almost immediately.

1.5 delay before sight range is increased"

They work like that for the last 3 years!
10 Jul 2022, 17:45 PM

In a way yes it is an excuse to continue to abuse path but I also personally came to the bore state with Path every game, I haven't touch path for a couple of weeks now but the meta is completely wrecked by to extended vision that are so accessible. Path, JLI, Pfuss, they should all get addition CP requirement so they can be the base of your army so easily
10 Jul 2022, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2022, 17:45 PMEsxile

In a way yes it is an excuse to continue to abuse path but I also personally came to the bore state with Path every game, I haven't touch path for a couple of weeks now but the meta is completely wrecked by to extended vision that are so accessible. Path, JLI, Pfuss, they should all get addition CP requirement so they can be the base of your army so easily

Well don't play paths then... I've managed to get to rank top 10 by playing heavy cavalry in 90% of games. Infantry in 5% and airborne in last 5%.... Not impossible. Pathfinders are much easier, especially on large maps, but if you have the know-how, then you can. Is the meta stale and predictable? Yes.
Where there better proposals for the balance team? Also yes.
Are they incompetent? Yes

Still, that does not force you to play paths all games.
10 Jul 2022, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2022, 17:45 PMEsxile

JLI are already CP 1 and they can not be "the base" of an army easily.
11 Jul 2022, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2022, 06:45 AMEsxile

Be less a forum warrior and play more the game.

Good Advice, he needs it with how bad he is at the game.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2022, 09:16 AMEsxile
We have people complaining about Path&Scott but do they release what's really going on today in 2vs2?

The game has become a long vision range cancer game.

I have been saying for years that the vision imbalance in the game is a huge problem. I am glad more people such as yourself are becoming aware of it.

In order to fix these issues vision needs to be normalized across the board with built in non doctrinal options with the same level/ease of access. Meaning that clicking a button (Spotting Scopes) and getting 60 vision while expecting allied units (like T-70) to go on a genocidal crusade and win the war basically with 100+ kills with vet 3 in order to get access to the same level of vision is not fair.

For example King Tiger with 70 vision range wouldn't be that big of a deal if say Medium Tanks had 70 vision range as well in all factions but the fact that that King Tiger can hit these levels of vision(it can go higher in team games with Command Panther going to like 80-90 vision range) while no other unit in the game can come close to that is extremely game breaking. Especially when OKW already has dedicated sight units (Kubel/Infared Halftrack) that makes these units basically irrelevant when you can simply get a King Tiger instead. Defeats the purpose of combined arms and is one of the many poorly thought out things that the Balance Team has done.

Proposed Vision Rework

Max Vision should be capped at 50 across the board

All Officer units should have extended vision (including USF Officers) at 50 Vision

Recon Units (JLI/Pathfinder for example) should be limited to 1 if they are going to maintain 50 vision.
They should support your army not be the entire army.

Light Tanks and Medium Tanks should be at 50 and serve as Scouts for Tank Destroyers depending on upgrade.
For example Sherman could choose between .50 cal upgrade or Tank Commander with 50 vision.
This would obviously apply for Panzer IV and other Medium Tank counter parts. Spotting Scopes being doctrinal would simply allow you to have both (Top Gunner and Extra Sight) which would put it more in line with Commander abilities being optional instead of mandatory like it is now.

All Flare abilities should either be removed (unless they are part of mines like the Conscript Vet 1 for example which can be countered with mine sweepers) or visually show on the map/mini map as well as Unit UI Indicators showing they are under the effect of flares.
(This would require Relic to actually make some ToolTips, which would be a miracle in itself and should be fairly easy to add)
Another alternative would be for Flares not to provide vision at all but instead serve as counters for smoke (Mortar Shoots smoke on M-42 for example, a Flare is cast to negate the effects allowing MG-42 to fire)

12 Jul 2022, 12:25 PM

You guys are sadly missing the bigger picture because you get so lost in meaningless minutiae.

Balance team has jedimindtricked every coh2 player ever into thinking that artillery (mobile or static, doesn't matter) is the way to victory since most maps are designed around lanes and shotblockers.

But when talking about retarded factions like USF, where they have literally zero selling points (early LVs? haha stop coping most factions have 1 atgs and 2-3 snares by the time the first aaht rolls out) theory gets thrown into the gutter.

All that happens is that you have an airborne doctrine which is used wrongly since it's based around a single path squad laying Relays for free Airborne reinforcement and instead you just spam the scout unit (kinda like Stable -> Scout spamming in AOE2) without giving a fuck about anything else.

Well guess what ? Axis factions can do this better by default. Yeah, everything you think USF can do in terms of Mortar+Sight combo, Axis can do in everything else.

How about that? How about them apples? I have zero problems with path spamming since I have long ago learned how to counter it (or /l it if shit gets rough) that I really do not give a single fuck about it.

USF used to be really good 3-4 years ago but after that it got so fucking limited and nerfed that nowadays it can survive only with pathspamming.

In essence what I am saying is that Long Vision Range is a SYMPTOM of a general DESIGN PROBLEM IN COH2 that is SMALL MAPS with LANES and SHOTBLOCKERS.

Nobody complains about long vision being "cancer" when they spam 2-3 120mms and rape the fuck out of poor axis soldiers. Nobody complains about long vision being "unfair" when they build a static artillery piece and then using VISION LOITER from the SAME COMMANDER to rape OKW trucks/base (I am talking about Counter Attack and Soviet Combined Arms).

But when it comes to axis NOPE let's spam coh2 dot org about our petty little problems.

That's the gist of the matter and it will not be solved because the propaganda, brainwashing and betrayal of coh2 fanbase is way too far completed to be reversed. I do not hope for anything different in coh3 since it looks pretty meh and uninspiring.

Personally, I do not worry since better days are coming and in a couple of years peace will be restored and since I am a high priest of the forces bringing it I will ascend to my rightful place.
14 Aug 2022, 06:42 AM

You guys are sadly missing the bigger picture because you get so lost in meaningless minutiae.

Balance team has jedimindtricked every coh2 player ever into thinking that artillery (mobile or static, doesn't matter) is the way to victory since most maps are designed around lanes and shotblockers.

But when talking about retarded factions like USF, where they have literally zero selling points (early LVs? haha stop coping most factions have 1 atgs and 2-3 snares by the time the first aaht rolls out) theory gets thrown into the gutter.

All that happens is that you have an airborne doctrine which is used wrongly since it's based around a single path squad laying Relays for free Airborne reinforcement and instead you just spam the scout unit (kinda like Stable -> Scout spamming in AOE2) without giving a fuck about anything else.

Well guess what faggots? Axis factions can do this better by default. Yeah, everything you think USF can do in terms of Mortar+Sight combo, Axis can do in everything else.

How about that? How about them apples? I have zero problems with path spamming since I have long ago learned how to counter it (or /l it if shit gets rough) that I really do not give a single fuck about it.

USF used to be really good 3-4 years ago but after that it got so fucking limited and nerfed that nowadays it can survive only with pathspamming.

In essence what I am saying is that Long Vision Range is a SYMPTOM of a general DESIGN PROBLEM IN COH2 that is SMALL MAPS with LANES and SHOTBLOCKERS.

Nobody complains about long vision being "cancer" when they spam 2-3 120mms and rape the fuck out of poor axis soldiers. Nobody complains about long vision being "unfair" when they build a static artillery piece and then using VISION LOITER from the SAME COMMANDER to rape OKW trucks/base (I am talking about Counter Attack and Soviet Combined Arms).

But when it comes to axis NOPE let's spam coh2 dot org about our petty little problems.

That's the gist of the matter and it will not be solved because the propaganda, brainwashing and betrayal of coh2 fanbase is way too far completed to be reversed. I do not hope for anything different in coh3 since it looks pretty meh and uninspiring.

Personally, I do not worry since better days are coming and in a couple of years peace will be restored and since I am a high priest of the forces bringing it I will ascend to my rightful place.

The problem is the introduction of True-Sight in COH2, the map designs and faction designs only make the problem worse. The maps make positioning absolutely vital, fight for the wrong areas of a map and you're gone.
15 Aug 2022, 15:11 PM

Good Advice, he needs it with how bad he is at the game.

To be fair you're not very good at it either.
15 Aug 2022, 16:18 PM

What a fucking tumor of a doctrine

they should have put overwatch into the ground because it works in whichever mode you put it in. Oh well, shame.
15 Aug 2022, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Aug 2022, 16:18 PMKatukov
What a fucking tumor of a doctrine

they should have put overwatch into the ground because it works in whichever mode you put it in. Oh well, shame.

Breakthrough or Overwatch every damn game.

28 Aug 2022, 17:02 PM

Sorry but this is incoherent mumbling with little to no use of commas. The point of this thread is?

Yes, I agree with you. Consider these two sentences:

Let's eat, grandma!
Let's eat grandma!

Remember, grammar is important. Commas save lives!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight