Login

russian armor

USF players should not advocate for another patch.

9 May 2022, 14:13 PM

Since it most likely will make CUCKfinders 1cp and sniper will become upgrade (like JLI) PLUS Scott will get nerfed and as a result the whole faction will become X_X (dead)
9 May 2022, 19:16 PM

Lol, don't matter because with COH3 coming it's very unlikely there will be a patch whether you advocate for one or not.

That being said... Pathfinder nerfs would probably be better for the game as a whole as long as there was offsetting buffs/lateral moves to make USF more viable in the situations where Pathfinder spam is more necessary if you are try harding.
9 May 2022, 20:06 PM

Usf sucks because mgs and atguns are core to gameplay yet split and the faction drains manpower on core units, teching and upgrades. The only advantage it feels like usf has is vehicle crews and an universal forward retreat and heal point. But usf always has to pay for an ambulance and major even if it's not being used in a forward position.
9 May 2022, 22:12 PM

Lol, don't matter because with COH3 coming it's very unlikely there will be a patch whether you advocate for one or not.

That being said... Pathfinder nerfs would probably be better for the game as a whole as long as there was offsetting buffs/lateral moves to make USF more viable in the situations where Pathfinder spam is more necessary if you are try harding.

there will be no units to be buffed alternatively, as these are community devs and they dont like it when you give alternative choices to factions
9 May 2022, 22:42 PM

there will be no units to be buffed alternatively, as these are community devs and they dont like it when you give alternative choices to factions

Hopefully coh3 is different. Pretty much every faction is 3-4 mainline into mg/at or LV depending on faction. OST literally feels like it was forcefully balanced around this composition and any deviation is treated as exotic. In a balanced match the resources available is neatly timed that the fuel and MP for scout car is there once the building is finished and a little later same with PAK40. Same with Soviets, 4 conscripts into Zis and then LV. All the changes were made to make this the easiest and best option at higher ranks.
9 May 2022, 23:04 PM

Hopefully coh3 is different. Pretty much every faction is 3-4 mainline into mg/at or LV depending on faction. OST literally feels like it was forcefully balanced around this composition and any deviation is treated as exotic. In a balanced match the resources available is neatly timed that the fuel and MP for scout car is there once the building is finished and a little later same with PAK40. Same with Soviets, 4 conscripts into Zis and then LV. All the changes were made to make this the easiest and best option at higher ranks.

Exactly. Cookie cutting meets blandness meets inherent bias embedded into each and every human being on the planet, and you get a game where deviating from the "high" rank norm means you'll struggle. I mean, the KT can still have map hack sight (around 70) with a certain commander and the vet1 ability which has no downsides in 95% of scenarios. All for a price, slightly higher than other heavy tanks. Yet it's fine. But God forbid the RAM combo (A thing that made the game fun), costing you a tank, shi*load of munitions and is luck dependent. Everything was balanced through Soviets/OST, like this is some sort of an e-sports game...

Shame
9 May 2022, 23:17 PM

Exactly. Cookie cutting meets blandness meets inherent bias embedded into each and every human being on the planet, and you get a game where deviating from the "high" rank norm means you'll struggle. I mean, the KT can still have map hack sight (around 70) with a certain commander and the vet1 ability which has no downsides in 95% of scenarios. All for a price, slightly higher than other heavy tanks. Yet it's fine. But God forbid the RAM combo (A thing that made the game fun), costing you a tank, shi*load of munitions and is luck dependent. Everything was balanced through Soviets/OST, like this is some sort of an e-sports game...

Shame

I wonder what the dev team were thinking when they decided that giving the KT the Panzer Commander upgrade was a good idea, not only because you can force away AT guns that already don't pose much of a threat to you due to 375 armor(M1's worst nightmare) and being able to self-spot like the focused sight a SU-85 has(which also comes with drawbacks so it's not just free sight).

The vet bonuses on the KT are insane aswell, I saw it literally catch up to my wounded Firefly a couple months back and kill it with it's own sight out of the blue, guy wasn't even using the KT correctly but he had 5 ST with shrecks, so basically 15sec repair time.
9 May 2022, 23:46 PM

Shame

Lol my second favorite thing is KT with Overwatch with Jaeger sight combined with Anti-Everything offmap. Literally takes no skill to push anything between KT RNG, skill planes nuking TDs, and Howie nuking support weapons. Long as you can stall long enough to bank the resources it's the epitome of low effort play in the late game.
10 May 2022, 00:34 AM

Lol my second favorite thing is KT with Overwatch with Jaeger sight combined with Anti-Everything offmap. Literally takes no skill to push anything between KT RNG, skill planes nuking TDs, and Howie nuking support weapons. Long as you can stall long enough to bank the resources it's the epitome of low effort play in the late game.

King Tiger is sort of a "I win" button in most team games, especially with the commander upgrade and veterancy. I understand that OKW was designed as a "late game powerhouse", but all their "early game weaknesses" have been addressed, whilst the late game strengths... to balance it out, not so much (eg, early for the e-sport balance, so that people pick OKW in competitive).
I mean, there is a reason that you see TD walls when going against OKW...

Heck, I think that even Tightrope called the vet1 KT "extremely broken" or something like that, when paired with the commander:
You get a mobile suppression machine with 1260 HP, 375 armour, 240 damage, ~70 sight, large AOE and even 150 rear armour. All that for a slightly higher price than, say a Tiger/Pershing..... AND IT'S STOCK. I think that it's about 20 seconds of Manpower and about 1m30s of fuel income costlier than a Tiger? 720/270?
Literally the most braindead, low effort unit in the game.

Oh, yeah... the vet1 locks the turret to a certain rotation... the huge downside....
Yeah.... Tell that to Redball, and 20 other lane-y maps where a turret rotation lock is as impactful as brits in teamgames.
10 May 2022, 03:05 AM

Oh, yeah... the vet1 locks the turret to a certain rotation... the huge downside....

Oh yes, dear god. Who would ever want to give up 270 degrees of rotation in return for extra sight, faster traverse, extra vision, and suppression on the hull mgs? I mean really.

You could argue it's a tough decision, but that's putting it lightly. I mean; who in their right minds would improve the performance of their tank against front facing targets while sacrificing the ability to shoot targets at their rear?? I mean what if you accidentally reversed into battle? Your tank would be absolutely worthless, that's what.

10 May 2022, 04:31 AM

The fact that a vet 1 kt + commander is able to see further than FIRING RANGE of all allies TD already speak for itself.

Still, we have pp making thread about recovery sapper and universal carrier being problematic.

Coh2 and its forum in a nut shell i guess.
10 May 2022, 06:09 AM

Remember that Jackson were nerfed because they had 40 sight range. But the KT is the special snowflake of the modding team's cake.
10 May 2022, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2022, 20:06 PMSolar.
Usf sucks because mgs and atguns are core to gameplay yet split and the faction drains manpower on core units, teching and upgrades. The only advantage it feels like usf has is vehicle crews and an universal forward retreat and heal point. But usf always has to pay for an ambulance and major even if it's not being used in a forward position.

Ambu actually is crazy OP for the time frame it is available. Being able to have a soft retreat at 0mins into the game if used correctly can end the match quickly and decisively.
10 May 2022, 14:57 PM

The only way to """"fix"""" USF faction is to give them a linear teching style just like the rest and quit the sideteching bullshit but that's besides the point IF a patch comes out I will be the first to gaze at the coping USF cucks that realized their niche faction is useless if one unit must be called in 2 min later.
10 May 2022, 15:00 PM

Agreed. I have talked about this extensively, but here is the rundown:
  • Add manpower points again so there is no point fighting only over fuel or lategame stars but rather make the game more focused on maneuvering. Camp fuel? No army.
  • Make every tech tree "linear" (per OST for example, with different units ofc) so that every faction can atleast play.
  • Give everyone caches or, if not, make every faction able to have a decent resource game even if they lose fuel.
  • Make tanks better.
  • Make infantry less durable and give better vet bonuses.

10 May 2022, 16:05 PM

King Tiger is sort of a "I win" button in most team games, especially with the commander upgrade and veterancy. I understand that OKW was designed as a "late game powerhouse", but all their "early game weaknesses" have been addressed, whilst the late game strengths... to balance it out, not so much (eg, early for the e-sport balance, so that people pick OKW in competitive).
I mean, there is a reason that you see TD walls when going against OKW...

Heck, I think that even Tightrope called the vet1 KT "extremely broken" or something like that, when paired with the commander:
You get a mobile suppression machine with 1260 HP, 375 armour, 240 damage, ~70 sight, large AOE and even 150 rear armour. All that for a slightly higher price than, say a Tiger/Pershing..... AND IT'S STOCK. I think that it's about 20 seconds of Manpower and about 1m30s of fuel income costlier than a Tiger? 720/270?
Literally the most braindead, low effort unit in the game.

Yeah.... Tell that to Redball, and 20 other lane-y maps where a turret rotation lock is as impactful as brits in teamgames.

Decent points, but to be fair if the OKW manages to get 720mp and 270fuel that means you did a shitty job hindering him and pushing him.

KT maybe crazy op especially with vet1 ability, but do not forget that it comes out at 35-40min mark (if we assume you got a p4j and didnt rush) meaning alliedcucks have plenty of time to win.

as for Pershing, I made that discussion about 3 months ago and I remember most people on the forum (read my post history if you doubt) talking about "Having good AT and Sight capabilites is not in the unit's area of expertise" so please refer to that post if you must make a big deal about it.
10 May 2022, 18:29 PM

Decent points, but to be fair if the OKW manages to get 720mp and 270fuel that means you did a shitty job hindering him and pushing him.

KT maybe crazy op especially with vet1 ability, but do not forget that it comes out at 35-40min mark (if we assume you got a p4j and didnt rush) meaning alliedcucks have plenty of time to win.

as for Pershing, I made that discussion about 3 months ago and I remember most people on the forum (read my post history if you doubt) talking about "Having good AT and Sight capabilites is not in the unit's area of expertise" so please refer to that post if you must make a big deal about it.

there's objectively nothing you can do apart from stomping the okw player into a total defeat before 20 minutes from getting whatever tools he gets doctrinally and non-doc

as it turns out, okw players, for all their lacking in brain power, are still playing a respectable faction and can very realistically stall for crutches
15 May 2022, 18:00 PM

Wtf ? KT op ? Good joke......

Ever met soviet antitank arty ?
Double jackson ? Double su ?
At guns with heat muni ?
Usf skillplanes ?

U talking like this slow unit is superior, but in teamgames it can be faster dead then u can even shoot 1 time
16 May 2022, 12:06 PM

Wtf ? KT op ? Good joke......

Ever met soviet antitank arty ?
Double jackson ? Double su ?
At guns with heat muni ?
Usf skillplanes ?

U talking like this slow unit is superior, but in teamgames it can be faster dead then u can even shoot 1 time

Normally I would agree but Elite Armored King Tiger Vet 1 gives: Vision from Commander upgrade + Vision from vet1 ability + dirt cheap arty shots that dismantle everything + HEAT rounds which can 2 shot TDs.

ye it's good
17 May 2022, 07:07 AM

When your KT become 300+ armor Pathfinder and 240 dmg HEAT shell. Well, Blob with Raketen, Jadpz4 and 2 Osber.
git gud.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS