Login

russian armor

OKW Mech repair speed

28 Mar 2022, 00:30 AM

The speed at which the tech structure repairs tanks is stupidly fast, does anyone have any time scales that it repairs at so I can see if its just confirmation bias or not but a KT seems to get repaired in a matter of seconds.

To achieve the same amount of repair speed as any other faction you surly need 2/3 squads of engineers and that's a huge investment in popcap and MP. It just doesn't sit right with me with non doctrinally a faction can forgo engineers completely and repair tanks at insane speeds.

It shouldn't repair as fast as it does, it should be something to get a boost of repairing speed, not a go to turbo mode.

It's not a massive issue in 1v1 but in 3v3+ it is just a ball ache to fight a KT, and have it back off only for it to return 30 seconds later with full health.
28 Mar 2022, 07:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2022, 00:30 AMLatch
The speed at which the tech structure repairs tanks is stupidly fast, does anyone have any time scales that it repairs at so I can see if its just confirmation bias or not but a KT seems to get repaired in a matter of seconds.

To achieve the same amount of repair speed as any other faction you surly need 2/3 squads of engineers and that's a huge investment in popcap and MP. It just doesn't sit right with me with non doctrinally a faction can forgo engineers completely and repair tanks at insane speeds.

It shouldn't repair as fast as it does, it should be something to get a boost of repairing speed, not a go to turbo mode.

It's not a massive issue in 1v1 but in 3v3+ it is just a ball ache to fight a KT, and have it back off only for it to return 30 seconds later with full health.

Total repair speed for truck is 9.

For comparison reason a Combat engineer with sweeper has 8.32 and Soviet repair station 12.
28 Mar 2022, 08:32 AM

Then confirmation bias is a bitch! I could have died on the hill that even an anvil engie wouldn't repair half as fast as the mech truck.
28 Mar 2022, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I can confirm the 9 repair speed of the OKW truck.

I am not sure about CE/Pioneer repair speeds.
This should be per entity:
1,6 standard speed
+0.3 for the sweeper upgrade
and *1.625 for vet2. I don't know if this is applied before or after the sweeper bonus.

For the squad, this means a speed of 6,4/7,6 depending if you have a sweeper or not. So unless you have a vetted squad, the truck should be quicker.

I the main advantage of the truck for me is that it is super low micro. Just drive the vehicle back and forget about it. The search radius is large enough that you can only use the minimap for it.

(edited the vet repair bonus)
28 Mar 2022, 09:07 AM

I can confirm the 9 repair speed of the OKW truck.

I am not sure about CE/Pioneer repair speeds.
This should be per entity:
1,6 standard speed
+0.3 for the sweeper upgrade
and *1.67 for vet2. I don't know if this is applied before or after the sweeper bonus.

For the squad, this means a speed of 6,4/7,6 depending if you have a sweeper or not. So unless you have a vetted squad, the truck should be quicker.

I the main advantage of the truck for me is that it is super low micro. Just drive the vehicle back and forget about it. The search radius is large enough that you can only use the minimap for it.

1.6*4*1.3=8.32
28 Mar 2022, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2022, 09:07 AMVipper

1.6*4*1.3=8.32

For an early flamer pioneer yes, otherwise I think the 7,6 is more realistic (sweeper upgrade), depending on how good the player is to keep the early flamers alive.
28 Mar 2022, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2022, 08:32 AMLatch
Then confirmation bias is a bitch! I could have died on the hill that even an anvil engie wouldn't repair half as fast as the mech truck.

At least you asked the stat before going on a rant...
28 Mar 2022, 09:34 AM

For an early flamer pioneer yes, otherwise I think the 7,6 is more realistic (sweeper upgrade), depending on how good the player is to keep the early flamers alive.

"Pioneers

In order to give the Eastern Front factions repair times that are more in line with those of the Western Front armies, the minesweeper upgrade on Pioneer squads will now give additional repair speed.

Minesweeper upgrade now improves repair speed by 0.3 per model"

Vet 0 Pioneer and CE with sweeper should have a repair speed of 8.32...

28 Mar 2022, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2022, 09:34 AMVipper

"Pioneers

In order to give the Eastern Front factions repair times that are more in line with those of the Western Front armies, the minesweeper upgrade on Pioneer squads will now give additional repair speed.

Minesweeper upgrade now improves repair speed by 0.3 per model"

Vet 0 Pioneer and CE with sweeper should have a repair speed of 8.32...

From what I know that 0.3 is a flat bonus, not a factor
28 Mar 2022, 09:52 AM

From what I know that 0.3 is a flat bonus, not a factor

Forgot about that since it is a bit rare for COH.
28 Mar 2022, 13:20 PM

Stop coping, Mech truck repairs just a little bit faster than a sweeper-equiped sturm unit, for some fuel cost (which at that timeframe delays the vitally important Stuka/Luchs).

All in all, it's good balance.
28 Mar 2022, 18:21 PM

OKW has, for some reason, really fucking fast repair time in team mode

You knock the teeth out of a king tiger, it fully repairs in 20 to 30 seconds, its crazy sometimes

I am pretty sure its just how okw works, for whatever reason
28 Mar 2022, 21:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Mar 2022, 18:21 PMKatukov
OKW has, for some reason, really fucking fast repair time in team mode

You knock the teeth out of a king tiger, it fully repairs in 20 to 30 seconds, its crazy sometimes

I am pretty sure its just how okw works, for whatever reason

This is pure 100% copium.

As I pointed out before, OKW mech truck repairs slightly faster than a sweeped sturmpio at the cost of 15fuel (vital for the time it comes out) and 100mp. A very fair transaction, and not "OP" at all.

You are surely forgetting the 120mp 40muni nopop, infinitely spammable SOV repair station that can fix a T34 in the span of 2 secs (if you place 4 back to back, which is ridiculously easy and cheap).

Just another case of Alliedcuck-level coping on trivial Axis mechanisms.
28 Mar 2022, 21:52 PM

Imo they should get rid of repairs that don't cost pop for everybody. Soviet stations, mech hq, everything. Add a popcost or remove it would be my personal preference, but it's not really necessary either

If USF didn't have crews Id think nonpop repairs are extra dumb, but it's not really an issue when one faction has self-repair on almost everything
28 Mar 2022, 23:10 PM

In coh1 repairing reduced you mp income quite a bit while the pios were repairing and it was slow as shit compared to coh2
29 Mar 2022, 08:23 AM

of all the repair speeds I think the most idiotic is the repair stations. They don't cost any pop (afaik), thus can be spammed, and are rather cheap (especially in teamgames) and enormously beneficial to the team-army.

Any low micro repairs should be less(or halve) than the high(er) micro ones additionally I think each building able to deploy engineers should cost atleast 5 pop.
29 Mar 2022, 12:33 PM

At the end of the day, the OKW mech repair speed is greatly related to the fact that you have only one engineer squad who has to do 20+ jobs. As overpowered as it is, as fast as its repairs are, as incredible as it is at mowing down Ivan/Nigel/Yanks, it is still only one squad.
29 Mar 2022, 17:39 PM

Don't try to reason with them copers.

I agree, how dare someone post an opposite opinion to yours that is clearly 100% right... Your comment tries to shut down any response before its even been proposed and just shows your true bias. Anyway.

At the end of the day, the OKW mech repair speed is greatly related to the fact that you have only one engineer squad who has to do 20+ jobs. As overpowered as it is, as fast as its repairs are, as incredible as it is at mowing down Ivan/Nigel/Yanks, it is still only one squad.

If you only get one engineer squad that's on you, take UKF sappers as a comparison, they are a flamer/piat squad, barbed wire, salvage, building emplacements, tearing down emplacements, building caches, snaring, blowing up cover, planting mines, defusing mines, repairing.

How is that any less than what the OKW pios do? Early game they turn engagements, they can put away their sweeper giving them back 1/4 fire power. What exactly do they do more of than any other engineer squad?

29 Mar 2022, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Mar 2022, 17:39 PMLatch

If you only get one engineer squad that's on you, take UKF sappers as a comparison, they are a flamer/piat squad, barbed wire, salvage, building emplacements, tearing down emplacements, building caches, snaring, blowing up cover, planting mines, defusing mines, repairing.

How is that any less than what the OKW pios do? Early game they turn engagements, they can put away their sweeper giving them back 1/4 fire power. What exactly do they do more of than any other engineer squad?

There are reasons why no good OKW player gets more than one SP. Whether it be bleeding to death at far range (30MP reinforce for 0.87 size CQC models), four man squad having to go close range & losing a greater proportion of its firepower per model drop, or being generally poor against people in garrisons/behind heavy cover. Then midgame arrives and 2 SPs will usually lose to 2 LMG equipped squads, esp if they have a BAR each. And so on.

They do most of what listed above and then a great deal more. Volks are frankly so abysmal that that a SP must fulfil the role of a mainline inf squad in every way. Flanking, stopping frontal assaults, dislodging dug in inf with grenade throws, zoning out CQC squads, taking early territory (GL with your volks and late MG otherwise), etc.

I liken the job of a SP squad to be a 'firefighter' where they are needed to put out fires in several places at the same time.

In any case, this stuff has been discussed to death by players far more experienced than myself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment