Login

russian armor

Hold the line

24 Feb 2022, 10:17 AM

Hold the line ability need to be looked at as I have pointed before and after it was patched.

The ability is way to cost efficient, has very low CP and very long duration. The issue becomes worse the large the MOD.
24 Feb 2022, 10:28 AM

I have looked at the ability and deemed it fine.
24 Feb 2022, 11:55 AM

It cant hit moving target and most of the pros bait it and dodge it easily
24 Feb 2022, 12:14 PM

hold the line is a really good ability but the germans have an exact equivalent of HTL so nerfing it is completely pointless
24 Feb 2022, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 12:14 PMKatukov
hold the line is a really good ability but the germans have an exact equivalent of HTL so nerfing it is completely pointless

No "Germans" do not have "an exact equivalent of HTL" the ability is quite unique.
24 Feb 2022, 12:45 PM

I forget, is there a loud noise indicator for this ability being used against you? I don't live on the tactical map. If there is no noise indicator for activation, then I suggest it be added. The flares are utterly meaningless for reasons I discussed last time this topic came up.
24 Feb 2022, 13:04 PM

I forget, is there a loud noise indicator for this ability being used against you? I don't live on the tactical map. If there is no noise indicator for activation, then I suggest it be added. The flares are utterly meaningless for reasons I discussed last time this topic came up.

Well, aside from red smoke dropping literally 1 second before the air strike and occasional infantry bark, there are no other visual cues about the strike coming in. But we got rather easy to spot buff icon above enemy infantry units, so that your best friend aside from flashing minimap.
24 Feb 2022, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 12:28 PMVipper

No "Germans" do not have "an exact equivalent of HTL" the ability is quite unique.

Well, Sector Artillery and Zeroing Artillery are similar in their area denial ability. Of course they also cost more and don't cover as large an area. If anything it can do with a slight cost increase I think. It's not a huge issue most of the time because Advanced Emplacements isn't a good commander overall and Special Weapons has a lot of other munitions sinks.
24 Feb 2022, 21:31 PM

Well, Sector Artillery and Zeroing Artillery are similar in their area denial ability. Of course they also cost more and don't cover as large an area. If anything it can do with a slight cost increase I think. It's not a huge issue most of the time because Advanced Emplacements isn't a good commander overall and Special Weapons has a lot of other munitions sinks.

Nope the similarity end in area denial part.

Even so the difference in CP/cost/duration, lethality when it comes to Sector artillery and area when it comes to zeroing is simply different.
24 Feb 2022, 21:58 PM

i think that this thread exists entirely because OP got his infantry blobs decimated by hold the line

decapping front points ceases any effect of HDL there

and setting aside all the gaslighting, sector artillery is HDL but with artillery, and just as deadly. You should call off attacks and wait out for this sector defense barrier to expire, and then attack
24 Feb 2022, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 21:58 PMKatukov
i think that this thread exists entirely because OP got his infantry blobs decimated by hold the line

decapping front points ceases any effect of HDL there

and setting aside all the gaslighting, sector artillery is HDL but with artillery, and just as deadly. You should call off attacks and wait out for this sector defense barrier to expire, and then attack

PLS before posting check how the following properties compare between sector artillery and hold the line:
CP
munition cost
duration
tracking of targets
24 Feb 2022, 22:54 PM

Well, aside from red smoke dropping literally 1 second before the air strike and occasional infantry bark, there are no other visual cues about the strike coming in. But we got rather easy to spot buff icon above enemy infantry units, so that your best friend aside from flashing minimap.

Indeed, I know from experience that the red flares are worthless as you're strafed before the flares have died out, much less had time to move. I'm fast but I can't beat physics.

Icon isn't really that helpful, I'm guessing it's a nice crosshair? If so, there's other abilities that do that like Assault and I think the Command Aura? You really don't have time to think about which one of them it is, esp if the UKF player is on a different side of the map and then you get zero indication. :S

Ehhhh for Zeroing Artillery you have to practically fall asleep (8-10s ish after the red flares) before the shells start ramping up. Then maybe another 5s before the shells REALLY start landing. At which point, the player has had incredible time for warning and could have been killed up to several times over by other bomb abilities. Imho you really deserve every shell landing on you if you aren't getting out of dodge for such a massive ability and its circles in-game + minimap.
28 Feb 2022, 15:55 PM

No but when used against you the map flashed red and green in the frontline so you know you must retreat asap.
28 Feb 2022, 15:57 PM

1 Mar 2022, 12:40 PM

No but when used against you the map flashed red and green in the frontline so you know you must retreat asap.

Not likely to be looking at the minimap when I'm neck deep in an armor/inf battle, nvm in time to react. We're talking a matter of seconds here. First realistic indicator then will be rockets and strafing runs.
1 Mar 2022, 16:49 PM

Not likely to be looking at the minimap when I'm neck deep in an armor/inf battle, nvm in time to react. We're talking a matter of seconds here. First realistic indicator then will be rockets and strafing runs.

Maybe so tbh I rarely play against UKF these days, so I really do not know what it's like it being used.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS