Login

russian armor

Are Opel Bliz Trucks a meme?

23 Feb 2022, 15:46 PM

I have been opting for caches 99% of the time when they are warranted, simply because I want to help my struggling teammate.

Do you think it is better to go for those trucks?
23 Feb 2022, 16:47 PM

I think they're only really useful in 1v1s considering that they only provide resource bonuses to the one that bought them. In a teamgame setting cache is superior because everyone gets the boost.
23 Feb 2022, 17:21 PM

I think they're only really useful in 1v1s considering that they only provide resource bonuses to the one that bought them. In a teamgame setting cache is superior because everyone gets the boost.

Exactly what I am thinking. You can't have victory in a team game unless your team does as good as you.
23 Feb 2022, 21:00 PM

You can put it on ammo or fuel points too, giving a nice bonus and the doctrine has a place to spend them both (arty officer's abilities, suppression loiter and frag bombs or the tiger). Imo 1-2 trucks for this purpose can't hurt in team games.
Also, afaik a deployed blitz keeps cut off territories connected to generate resources, don't quote me on that tho.
23 Feb 2022, 21:23 PM

only in 4v4 for tiger rush
23 Feb 2022, 21:45 PM

the supply trucks are good

the german opels are even better than the soviet ones because they got offensive abilities, and you're going to hard float munitions
23 Feb 2022, 22:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 21:45 PMKatukov

the german opels are even better than the soviet ones because they got offensive abilities, and you're going to hard float munitions

Yes we know.

Even when two unit are identical the Axis one is actually better because everything axis OP and everything allied is UP.
23 Feb 2022, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 22:09 PMVipper

Yes we know.

Even when two unit are identical the Axis one is actually better because everything axis OP and everything allied is UP.

because lend lease trucks give you extreme muni float and assault support has two offensive abilities available for use, while neither soviet doctrine has access to muni sink abilities apart from a recon run

nice try though
23 Feb 2022, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 22:09 PMVipper

Yes we know.

No abilities to use the muni on, M4C is arguably worse than a T-34 when we look at how useful it is in reality(except 1v1).

Only a recon ability to use the muni on, repair stations will be built at most 3 times in a ordinary game if at all.Soviets can only really plant more mines/make as much use of the zis barrage as possible with the muni float.Meanwhile:

FOUR units that can make use of the muni float, Frag bombs are broken with how little reaction time you have to move out out of the way with support weapons, even wipes mainline infantry occasionally.Strafing run is a cancerous ability with instapin that will autowin engagements for you if the enemy doesn't possess a suitable AA platform.

Tiger can use blitz readily and grens can spam riflenades, pioneers can spam S mine fields on low-activity points and more tellers to prevent or at least make your opponent think twice about trying to flank.

So yes, the Opel blitz is better because it provides more resources in a doctrine that actually HAS ways to effectively make use of the increased resource generation, unlike soviets.
24 Feb 2022, 07:26 AM

So yes, the Opel blitz is better because it provides more resources in a doctrine that actually HAS ways to effectively make use of the increased resource generation, unlike soviets.

Not is not Opel and Zis-6 truck are identical so they are the same.

You might want to argue that the it is available is a better commander is better but even that is questionable.

Assault support commander is not that popular in any mode being in load around middle for top players while lend lease is popular in 1vs1 scoring being around 6.

I doubt thou that anyone picks those commanders for the truck and I am pretty sure that if truck are used the spend more time on fuel than MU.

In sort a clear case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, the unit are simply identical.
24 Feb 2022, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 21:45 PMKatukov

axis op
sov up

ok
24 Feb 2022, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 07:26 AMVipper

In sort a clear case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, the unit are simply identical.

No this is not a clear case of "the grass is greener" this is a clear case of "the ostheer commander has more ways to use a large amount of muni float."

I definitely agree that they worded what they said in a confusing way, but they're right.

Still, though, it's not like you NEED to use the munis on callins instead of mines, ZIS Barrage, molo, etc. Assault guards have a pretty expensive but useful nade, and the M4C has smoke barrage for muni.
24 Feb 2022, 12:26 PM

No this is not a clear case of "the grass is greener" this is a clear case of "the ostheer commander has more ways to use a large amount of muni float."

I definitely agree that they worded what they said in a confusing way, but they're right.

Still, though, it's not like you NEED to use the munis on callins instead of mines, ZIS Barrage, molo, etc. Assault guards have a pretty expensive but useful nade, and the M4C has smoke barrage for muni.

The wording is pretty clear and wrong (and cherry picking mu only does not real help either):

Opel does not provide more resources it is as simply as that.
24 Feb 2022, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 12:26 PMVipper

The wording is pretty clear and wrong (and cherry picking mu only does not real help either)

No, no. This is probably lost in translation. They're referring to the opel blitz, but it's very obvious they're talking about the commanders. I'm not "cherry picking mu" what are you talking about? It's an indisputable fact that the two sov commanders that contain a zis truck have no options to use a large amount of MU at once, unless you're hiding another commander from us?

Anyways, my point wasn't even that this was an issue. I was saying that SOV still has plenty of ways to use the extra muni.
24 Feb 2022, 15:32 PM

It's not as if the Soviets don't have a stock flare on the stock mortar in which you can sink munitions.
24 Feb 2022, 17:38 PM

No, no. This is probably lost in translation. They're referring to the opel blitz, but it's very obvious they're talking about the commanders.

Then they should be more careful about what they actually post because the daily rant about how everything axis is OP and everything allied is up starting to sound like a broken record.

Posting that "it provides more resources" is simply false and it is even in the patch notes:

"ZIS-6 Cargo Truck

The ZIS-6 Truck has been added to the Soviet faction as their version of the Ostheer Opel Blitz Supply Truck. This unit will allow select Soviet commanders to generate resources over-time, as long as the truck is protected.
200 manpower
Acts like the Wehrmacht Opel Blitz truck. Unit can improve the resource gain of territory points it is set-up on."

I'm not "cherry picking mu" what are you talking about? It's an indisputable fact that the two sov commanders that contain a zis truck have no options to use a large amount of MU at once, unless you're hiding another commander from us?
Anyways, my point wasn't even that this was an issue. I was saying that SOV still has plenty of ways to use the extra muni.

Truck can be used both for Fuel and munition which are useful for both factions.

Talking only about the off maps which only part of the bigger picture is "cherry picking" in deliberate attempt from both users to present an identical unit as superior for axis.

Assault support Commander is not even that popular.
24 Feb 2022, 18:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 17:38 PMVipper

Katukov has clarified that he was talking about the doctrines. You're misreading massadereks post. His point is not that the Opel is better than the ZiS truck, but that it provides more resources >in a commander that can make use of them< as opposed to in a commander that can not make use of them.
24 Feb 2022, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 17:38 PMVipper

Posting that "it provides more resources" is simply false and it is even in the patch notes:

The guy said that at the very end of a post which has paragraphs of context and even included pictures of the commanders. You knew damn well what he was talking about and still chose to focus on four words. That's the only broken record here
______

The opel trucks used to work for teammates and that was crazy OP. Especially with an OKW teammate, spamming some of their muni abilities in team games got out of hand real quick

Still useful in 1v1
24 Feb 2022, 21:13 PM

Katukov has clarified that he was talking about the doctrines. You're misreading massadereks post. His point is not that the Opel is better than the ZiS truck, but that it provides more resources >in a commander that can make use of them< as opposed to in a commander that can not make use of them.

I am not misreading anything it is written plain clear that opel provides more resources than zis and it simply wrong.

And even the comparison about commanders is not accurate.

Trucks can provide both fuel and munition and both industry and lend can make great use of the extra fuel with more fuel expensive Sherman and the KV-2.
On top of that the Soviet faction can make great use of the extra fuel since it be invested in a earlier T-70 or earlier 7 men conscripts.

Regardless of presence off map abilities or not in the commander Soviet can make great use of the extra munition also. Industry can build repair stations and lend lease can buy MGs for the Shermans/Weapons for Guards and that is on top of the stock uses of munition which the Soviet faction has many.

It did not even bother touching the claim that:
"M4C is arguably worse than a T-34 when we look at how useful it is in reality(except 1v1)."
which is another rant.

Not matter how one looks at it there is little indication that Assault support is an great commander as it being portrait here since it not really that popular.

The focus on the off maps is simply being used misrepresent the actual picture and claim that axis are OP and allies are UP.

The theory that Soviet once more got the sort end of the stick does not really hold much water...
24 Feb 2022, 23:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 21:13 PMVipper

I am not misreading anything it is written plain clear that opel provides more resources than zis and it simply wrong.

I don't like these type of discussions so I'll leave it at that comment since you're usually very focused on the exact wording of posts: No, MassaDerek did not say the Opel gives more resources than the ZiS. He said it gives more resources as a general statement. Which is what the purpose of those trucks is. No comparison done.

And even the comparison about commanders is not accurate.

Truck can provide both fuel and munition and both industry and lend can make great use of the extra fuel and regardless of presence of map or not Soviet can make great use of the extra mu also. Industry can build repair stations and lend lease can by MGs for the Shermans/Weapons for Guards apart from stock use of munition for the Soviet faction that are many.

Even the Soviet faction can make great use of the extra fuel since it be invested in a earlier T-70 or earlier 7 men conscripts.

No one is debating this. It is still an advantage if you're able to choose more abilities to make use of your resources. Munition expenditure is very low on the Soviet commanders, the "normal" mun income can often cover the needs.
Fuel can also lose a lot of value in the late game if you don't lose many tanks. Munitions is always a limiting factor of any competent player though.

Not matter how one looks at it there is little indication that Assault support is an great commander as it being portrait since it not really that popular.

N one claimed this commander was overly strong or "portrayed" it that way. It is also not the point of the discussion. The point is that the design of the Ostheer commander ties in better with the truck.

The theory that Soviet once more got the sort end of the stick does not really hold much water...

You're the only one mentioning this phrase in this thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★