Login

russian armor

Are Opel Bliz Trucks a meme?

25 Feb 2022, 07:33 AM

I don't like these type of discussions so I'll leave it at that comment since you're usually very focused on the exact wording of posts: No, MassaDerek did not say the Opel gives more resources than the ZiS. He said it gives more resources as a general statement. Which is what the purpose of those trucks is. No comparison done.

This is plain English. I posted:
That the units are identical

MassaDerek directly quote me and directly challenge my point that they are identical and clearly claimed that Opel is better than zis.

If one wanted to argue that the resources can be put in better use one should start with "yes they are identical but..."

No one is debating this. It is still an advantage if you're able to choose more abilities to make use of your resources. Munition expenditure is very low on the Soviet commanders, the "normal" mun income can often cover the needs.
Fuel can also lose a lot of value in the late game if you don't lose many tanks. Munitions is always a limiting factor of any competent player though.

Lets face it opel/zis truck spend most of game on fuel focusing the debate on munition and especially on the lack off maps is a deliberate distortion of reality just to rant about axis/allies.

Munition expenditure used to be very low for Soviets but that is not the case anymore.

N one claimed this commander was overly strong or "portrayed" it that way. It is also not the point of the discussion. The point is that the design of the Ostheer commander ties in better with the truck.

You're the only one mentioning this phrase in this thread.

Really?
And what do you call these comments?

"Frag bombs are broken with how little reaction time you have to move out out of the way with support weapons, even wipes mainline infantry occasionally."

"Strafing run is a cancerous ability with instapin that will autowin engagements for you if the enemy doesn't possess a suitable AA platform."

in contrast to:
"M4C is arguably worse than a T-34"
"repair stations will be built at most 3 times in a ordinary game if at all."

It pretty obvious that there is claim that Ostheer commander has OP abilities while the Soviet commander have UP/useless abilities.

I think it safe to say that Opel truck and Zis trucks are identical and that neither Assault support is OP nor Lend lease/Soviet industry UP

Imo it also safe to say that MassaDerek post is a actually a rant about how "broken"/"cancerous" ostheer abilities are and how useless the Soviet abilities are.
25 Feb 2022, 10:28 AM

I have been opting for caches 99% of the time when they are warranted, simply because I want to help my struggling teammate.

Do you think it is better to go for those trucks?

In 1vs1 truck are superior to cashes since they are cheaper and move able.

The large the game mode the more cost efficient cashes become.

Trucks can still maintain some use when:
One is planning a specific strategy
Maps that cashes are difficult to defend
Certain rush/spam strategies
As a counter to certain enemy strategies
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L