Login

russian armor

Perhaps MG 34 needs to be reworked?

21 Feb 2022, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2022, 13:38 PMVipper

People who want their HMG's to gain veterancy do care about DPS.

Maybe 0.5% of players playing tops.

Still, don't care.
21 Feb 2022, 16:18 PM

Veterancy is rather worthless for MGs.

The whole point of veterancy is to reward unit preservation which works for mainline infantry and tanks but not so much for support units.

Take the MG-34 for example. Besides the absurd amount of XP required to get to Vet 5, by the time it gets to vet 5 (assuming it ever does) it will just get one shotted by a random mortar/grenade bringing you back down to Vet 0 again.

To clarify this is an issue with all HMGs not MG-34 specific but MG vet scaling should be looked at for all factions as to warrant building them late game when Vet3/5 infantry and cover craters are literally all over the map.

For example

UKF : Hammer or Anvil unlocked HMGs gain 50% faster veterancy
Soviets : All Buildings unlocked HMGs gain 50% faster veterancy
Whermacht : After T4 HMGs gain 50% faster veterancy
OKW : All Trucks built HMGs gain 50% faster veterancy

Mind you this thread is about the HMG-34 but since people brought up vet not being cared about it is exactly for this reason though it is more of a support weapon issue (AT Guns/Mortars as well).
21 Feb 2022, 16:57 PM

Exactly. No one gives a fuck about an MG's DPS since it's not their job. All they are good for is suppressing -> right click -> move back -> setup -> suppress more till the infantry moves in for the kill.

After seeing the 50th+ squad that continues crawling towards an IAP firing MG 34, I must disagree with this. If you don't respect an MG with mainlines, it's not doing its job. You should be punished hard for continuing to stay getting shot by this thing and the threat of being pinned simply isn't doing it in the MG 34's case.

21 Feb 2022, 21:33 PM

After seeing the 50th+ squad that continues crawling towards an IAP firing MG 34, I must disagree with this. If you don't respect an MG with mainlines, it's not doing its job. You should be punished hard for continuing to stay getting shot by this thing and the threat of being pinned simply isn't doing it in the MG 34's case.

To be fair there's a reason why machine guns changed warfare. This game doesn't do them justice at all hahaha.
23 Feb 2022, 09:34 AM

Exactly. No one gives a fuck about an MG's DPS since it's not their job. All they are good for is suppressing -> right click -> move back -> setup -> suppress more till the infantry moves in for the kill.

I actually do give a fuck. Because HMGs account for thousands of points of damage and quite a lot of mp bleed and the mg34 is not doing that at all
23 Feb 2022, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2022, 09:34 AMZyllen

I actually do give a fuck. Because HMGs account for thousands of points of damage and quite a lot of mp bleed

if you're playing against braindead retards who push mg constantly instead of making mortar/sniper maybe you do.

But then again, if you actually make it out of level 2 you will realize that most of the time you encounter an MG you retreat then return with a mortar along and that is the end of it. Stop overhyping a game mechanism just because you think it's the only way to victory.
23 Feb 2022, 14:22 PM

if you're playing against braindead retards who push mg constantly instead of making mortar/sniper maybe you do.

But then again, if you actually make it out of level 2 you will realize that most of the time you encounter an MG you retreat then return with a mortar along and that is the end of it. Stop overhyping a game mechanism just because you think it's the only way to victory.

Yeah "thousands of points of damage" is a bit hyperbolic but probably fair. "significant MP bleed" is definitely bullshit unless you're playing vs actual bots.
23 Feb 2022, 14:31 PM

Yeah "thousands of points of damage" is a bit hyperbolic but probably fair. "significant MP bleed" is definitely bullshit unless you're playing vs actual bots.

And "easy" bots at that. Even at expert they can understand the importance of mortars or light vehicle rushes at MGs.
24 Feb 2022, 09:58 AM

I usually get between 12-20 kills in with the other mg's that still around 500 mp each match. That doesnt sound much bit its 2 whole minutes of mp for my opponent.
25 Feb 2022, 04:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2022, 09:58 AMZyllen

I usually get between 12-20 kills in with the other mg's that still around 500 mp each match. That doesnt sound much bit its 2 whole minutes of mp for my opponent.

I bet you kill more inf with your zis than with pak40.

Look at how sov gets their kill numbers up holistically, across all their units.

The maxim is balanced within its faction first and then other factions after.

Sovs are a polished faction, and maxim performs as expected within that design.

Personally, I like the maxim and think it's best when supported by a cons or flame engi - extra dps on closing troops, and the ability to merge.

If you really care about kills, go sniper instead.

Now the t34 could use a slight manpower discount I think, as it's a disposable unit due to ram and it really could come out a little earlier as an alternative to t70. Ost and okw both have their at by then so it wouldn't imbalance gameplay, just help sov teching
25 Feb 2022, 13:03 PM

I mean, do any of the mgs really pin all that well compared to the Dshka and mg-42?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★