Login

russian armor

okw ostwing caommander has bombs that does not compute

27 Dec 2021, 03:12 AM

the OKW commander with Ostwind where u get 15 bombs for 180 muni and more bombs when u have excessive munis does not work as intended
MMX
27 Dec 2021, 05:15 AM

can you elaborate on that?
27 Dec 2021, 09:19 AM

27 Dec 2021, 14:02 PM

He is referring to the bombing strike call in from Scavenge Doctrine.

Basically it starts bombing an area at 180 munis and if you have more than 180 munis floating it will continue firing more shells until you run out.

What OP is trying to say is that it does not work as advertised. I would not know, since I never pick Scavenge doctrine anymore.
27 Dec 2021, 19:50 PM
Senior Editor Badge

the OKW commander with Ostwind where u get 15 bombs for 180 muni and more bombs when u have excessive munis does not work as intended

Ahh, yes the Scavenge doctrine.

I think there's a limit to how much the munition saving helps the ability and it is much less noticeable now than five or six years ago.

They had to change this because there was a tactic where OKW players would spend 0 munitions all game and then go into your base sector with a light vehicle and win an annihilation victory. I remember posting about it here and on the old official forums with a 1v1 replay and people were telling me that I should be thankful as a USF player because I just have to repair my base, I don't have to spend fuel. Fucking idiots.

ahh yes here we are. Can't watch it anymore as it's been so long, and the link to the old forums are all broken, but i got my shit rocked by unintentional ability

28 Dec 2021, 03:55 AM

it is not working as intended if u analyze the wording.

OKW Scavenge

9CP - 105mm Howitzer Barrage

180 muni

"A barrage of 105mm artillery shells will be fired at the target location. The number of shells fired depends on your current stored munitions."'

there is extra yellow text that says : fires 3 additional shells starting at 225 muni , and every 25 munis onwards. caps out at 300 munis

the problems is, the number of shells is always 15 bombs, even when i have 300 munis

the math says that if i have 300 munis, i start the barrage, that means i have additional 9 bombs, so 15 + 9 = 24 bombs

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2021, 05:15 AMMMX
can you elaborate on that?

OKW Scavenge

180 muni

"A barrage of 105mm artillery shells will be fired at the target location. The number of shells fired depends on your current stored munitions."'

there is extra yellow text that says : fires 3 additional shells starting at 225 muni , and every 25 munis onwards. caps out at 300 munis

the problems is, the number of shells is always 15 bombs, even when i have 300 munis

the math says that if i have 300 munis, i start the barrage, that means i have additional 9 bombs, so 15 + 9 = 24 bombs

He is referring to the bombing strike call in from Scavenge Doctrine.

Basically it starts bombing an area at 180 munis and if you have more than 180 munis floating it will continue firing more shells until you run out.

What OP is trying to say is that it does not work as advertised. I would not know, since I never pick Scavenge doctrine anymore.

OKW Scavenge

180 muni

MMX
28 Dec 2021, 07:02 AM

Ah i see... I remember testing the 105mm offmap a bit over a year ago and it worked perfectly as advertised. However, IIRC it did receive a couple of changes in one of the more recent patches, very well possible this somehow broke the extra shell mechanic by accident.
28 Dec 2021, 09:54 AM

It seems to work perfectly fine with 1000 munitions in storage. However with 300 munis in storage it only drops the initial 15 shells. Seems like a code hickup where it takes the remaining munitions (stockpile minus 180 mu ability cost) to calculate the extra shells rather than the total that was in the bank at the start.

If Relic ever lets us do another (bugfix) patch, we'll have a look at it...
29 Dec 2021, 07:46 AM

It seems to work perfectly fine with 1000 munitions in storage. However with 300 munis in storage it only drops the initial 15 shells. Seems like a code hickup where it takes the remaining munitions (stockpile minus 180 mu ability cost) to calculate the extra shells rather than the total that was in the bank at the start.

thanks, tot i was going crazy, or my interpretation of the text was wrong
29 Dec 2021, 09:13 AM

Though, wouldn't it be preferable to have the ability drop a fixed amount of shells? I mean; i'd rather have 180 muni for 15 shells then 300 muni for 24 shells from the same ability (since you can't control exactly where the ability stops). Would leave room for other muni abiliies instead of draining your banked amount.
29 Dec 2021, 10:18 AM

Though, wouldn't it be preferable to have the ability drop a fixed amount of shells? I mean; i'd rather have 180 muni for 15 shells then 300 muni for 24 shells from the same ability (since you can't control exactly where the ability stops). Would leave room for other muni abiliies instead of draining your banked amount.

AFAIK its cost is fixed to 180 and just scales with free muni, without consuming them.
29 Dec 2021, 11:02 AM

without consuming them.

Really? That'd be neat, never really used the ability/commander tho.
30 Dec 2021, 21:26 PM

Really? That'd be neat, never really used the ability/commander tho.

Heh You should have seen the old version because it stacked indefinitely with ammo. If you had 600 ammo, you could nuke an American base right off the map as 100 arty shells dropped
30 Dec 2021, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2021, 21:26 PMZyllen

Heh You should have seen the old version because it stacked indefinitely with ammo. If you had 600 ammo, you could nuke an American base right off the map as 100 arty shells dropped

Lol I can vouch for that.

IIRC the dlc dropped right on summer and I bought it. Was the best summer ever...

5th year university, COH2 all day long no worries in my mind. You took me way back friend.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★