Login

russian armor

Am I crazy or is relic bunch of assholes?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
29 Nov 2021, 15:29 PM

Disagree, in LoL you see way more stupid shit. Thats why there are WAY MORE timebans around.

Don't be disingenuous LoL has x1000 more people playing and x10 more staff on community manager than coh2.

Hell, even Heroes of Newerth that was a small indie game not only was MUCH better than relic it also had 100k+ players daily and it was better than this.
29 Nov 2021, 16:29 PM

perhaps it would be a good idea to think about why they dont like him....

And why don't they like kimbo? tell me?
29 Nov 2021, 16:45 PM

Someone get |GB|Lieutenant in here... :D
29 Nov 2021, 18:12 PM

Your motive in taking someone else's name was...?

If I were a top player, I would be changing to other players names all the time to see how the enemy changes their strats. Playing as Luvnest may tell the other player to watch for snipers and multiple P4s for instance. But it will be Kimbo instead, so he will do something else. That is good for everyone. DONT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT THE ENEMIES PLAYSTYLE.

It is also a moot point since ALL top players will check the STEAM page of the enemy and know who it is. As Kimbo stated, he did not change his Steam page so players would know it is him.

So name alone seems a little heavy handed to me. I am not commenting on Kimbos personal situation. It sounds like their was much more involved.
4 Dec 2021, 07:14 AM

Asking if Relic are a bunch of a-holes is like saying the American government is micro-chipping people with the vaccine. The government is in no way organized enough to pull something like that off:foreveralone:.
6 Dec 2021, 20:55 PM
6 Dec 2021, 21:33 PM

On face value, this post is not very helpful. For all we know Sturmpanther called Kimbos mom the Kimbo Bimbo at the start of the conversation. And if that was the case, then Kimbo would be fully in his right to say he would break sturms nose.

We are also lacking intention here (as in all text communications). Was Kimbo just joking around. I always tell people that I will break their legs in a joking manner.

I understand there is probably more to it.
6 Dec 2021, 21:52 PM

On face value, this post is not very helpful. For all we know Sturmpanther called Kimbos mom the Kimbo Bimbo at the start of the conversation. And if that was the case, then Kimbo would be fully in his right to say he would break sturms nose.

On the 2nd picture you can see the date, 30th of November at the top. On Discord that means this is the start of the conversation (of that day).

Also this whole post is just a 1:1 copy from the ML Discord announcement
6 Dec 2021, 23:17 PM

Actually situation is trivial.

Ban was most likely resieved because Luvnest was featured in one the Relic developers diaries and probably this was the reason why ban was given. This official reason probably.

Un-officialy no-one really would have care this much if not the bad reputation, the fact that games were played with cheater who is avoiding ban and honesly I think that after all the drama with seeking kimbo was already in a target list.

Only reason was needed. But I mean, even if we consider that community members indeed wanted him banned (which imo has very high probability) but didnt have any reason to do it so, Kimbo himself brought it on himself and gave this reason, since he should have lay low. It was firstly for temp ban, now its permaban.

Well target eliminated I guess and officially its 100% justified.
7 Dec 2021, 00:46 AM

Actually, no. You can't just make up rights.

Also this obviously wasn't a joke. A personal threat like this is where all these "just trolling" excuses have to come to an end. I'm genuinely sad about this because as a big fan of watching coh tourneys the game loses an interesting player but this chat leaves relic no choice.

7 Dec 2021, 02:59 AM

shit, who is gonna dethrone Isildur now. this is sad but Kimbo really put his shoe in his mouth.

anyway, ML always says they have a camera & a judge that confirms their players are not cheating, but how does it work? is there a camera that is looking at the player from the back, ala 3rd person view? i find it kinda sus when there is no guarantee that players in ML are 100% not cheating with another monitor screen in their room.

where was this judge and camera when SEEking was doing his maphacks in the ML tournament?
7 Dec 2021, 04:18 AM
Benefactor 355

anyway, ML always says they have a camera & a judge that confirms their players are not cheating, but how does it work? is there a camera that is looking at the player from the back, ala 3rd person view? i find it kinda sus when there is no guarantee that players in ML are 100% not cheating with another monitor screen in their room.

where was this judge and camera when SEEking was doing his maphacks in the ML tournament?

Traditionally, refs start watching players during higher rounds. Semi-finals and up. Players are asked to set up camera in such angle to provide the full view of the screen where FOW is visible. Prior to the start of the game, players are also asked to turn off second monitors and rotate the camera around the room to ensure there are no any additional displays. The process thus far has been incredibly successful and the players have been typically doing a great job to accommodate all refereeing requirements and suggestions.

Nobody ever claimed Seeking was using map hacks in ref monitored ML games. I am not sure where you got that idea from.

7 Dec 2021, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2021, 00:46 AMGiaA
Also this obviously wasn't a joke.

This is my point entirely. It is NOT OBVIOUS. We do not know what lead up to this conversation.

For all we know, Kimbo and Sturmpanther are dating and this is how they talk to each other when flirting. Maybe yesterday Sturmpanther said he would go punch Kimbo in the nose. We dont know.

But I applaud Aerafield for posting what we know so far. Thank you.

And I am sad that Kimbo, once again, has injured himself. We all had a little hope there for a while that he would turn out ok. But now he has been kicked off the island. Time for our next sacrifice.
7 Dec 2021, 04:52 AM
Benefactor 355

This is my point entirely. It is NOT OBVIOUS. We do not know what lead up to this conversation.

For all we know, Kimbo and Sturmpanther are dating and this is how they talk to each other when flirting. Maybe yesterday Sturmpanther said he would go punch Kimbo in the nose. We dont know.

But I applaud Aerafield for posting what we know so far. Thank you.

And I am sad that Kimbo, once again, has injured himself. We all had a little hope there for a while that he would turn out ok. But now he has been kicked off the island. Time for our next sacrifice.

Why would you report someone if you are dating him? MVGame

Also you gotta stop with these kinds of insinuations and second guessing. In whole history of coh community, this guy has been given more second chances then anyone else BY FAR. Let me remind you that he has accumulated a long ass rep sheet over the last three years which includes but not limited to account sharing in tournaments, toxicity in tournaments, playing with well known map hackers, playing on smurf accounts with VPN to avoid relic bans, etc. He has accumulated a total of 7 relic bans and 5 community bans of different durations over his illustrious coh2 career. Others have been permanently banned for far less.
MMX
7 Dec 2021, 05:32 AM

You seriously want to downplay this shit as 'harmless friendly online banter'? Even IF there has been a prelude to the chat excerpts posted here, this is by no means an appropriate response any reasonable person would give and oversteps multiple boundaries, including legal ones (in most european countries at least). Not to mention Kimbo made it abundantly clear he is NOT joking in the 2nd screenshot.

I don't care how good a player he may be - the CoH community is definitely better off without him.
7 Dec 2021, 05:34 AM

7 Dec 2021, 05:38 AM

Why would you report someone if you are dating him? MVGame

Also you gotta stop with these kinds of insinuations...

I am glad someone here is getting the amazing jokes I post here for free :thumbsup:
7 Dec 2021, 05:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2021, 05:32 AMMMX
You seriously want to downplay this shit as 'harmless friendly online banter'?

You guys scare me sometimes.

I am saying in a court of law:
- We have no motive for Kimbo to say what he said.
- We do not have proof of any discussion before this post.

Therefore at face value (meaning without any other context) this post should not be something to get you banned.

What we can GUESS is Sturmpanther reported Kimbo. Kimbo got pissed and called him out.

But from the evidence we KNOW AS FACT POSTED HERE RIGHT NOW, it is just as likely they are steamy hot lovers in gimp suits praying to a Flying Spaghetti Monster and have a dead/live cat in a box. That is just as viable of an explaination from the facts presented.
7 Dec 2021, 05:51 AM
Benefactor 355

What court of law? What evidence? How does anything we say in here change Relic's ban?
7 Dec 2021, 06:03 AM
Benefactor 355

Also saying he was banned because he insulted Sturmpanther is objectively inaccurate. Kimbo has a rep sheet miles long and the outcome would have been the same even if he had farted in a movie theater and got caught.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 2
Korea, Republic Of 0
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L