Login

russian armor

Am I crazy or is relic bunch of assholes?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
27 Nov 2021, 13:18 PM

... and the code of conduct clearly states the consequences for doing that.

Just because something is written down does not mean it is the right thing to do. The rule is very vague with a lot of grey area. My point is the rule is badly written. It needs to be better defined.

A name change alone should not be the only criteria.

And all player names are generic until some magic moment that Relic gets to decide with no indication to players of their game? They need to publicly post a list of names that cannot be used.

If they do not post this list and ban on name alone that would be an indication that they are actually a small gathering of sphincter meat :romeoHairDay:
27 Nov 2021, 13:21 PM

my question is where has this code of conduct been all this time. many players have streamed and trolled with name changing in the past years but nobody was ever punished. Unless it was updated recently. its abit of a biased decision people hatting on another player fuming relic with reports in order to get a player banned.
27 Nov 2021, 13:21 PM

I just think people need to calm down a bit. The Seeking drama had awful consequences on the community and we don’t need more drama again. Public feuds aren’t gonna help anyone.
27 Nov 2021, 13:23 PM

DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR
Disruptive behaviors directed towards other players or Relic staff will not be tolerated. These include, but are not limited to, perpetrating, promoting, glorifying, or advocating for anything listed below:

[...]
• Impersonation of any community member, public figure, or Relic staff member.
[...]

__

Relics enforcement of this rule is either targeted or just completly random, either way pathetic.

Asiamint used my name for quite some time and i used his. About half of the korean community was, is or will be pfc. Sage used Findeed name for ages and even talked alot of bm while doing so. I have been playing as Billie Eilish for months. Tons of people running around as Erwin Rommel.

Enforce the rule consistently or not at all but dont use it as an excuse cherry pick bans
27 Nov 2021, 13:37 PM

DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR

__

Sage used Findeed name for ages and even talked alot of bm while doing so.

and he got banned for that....

but apart from that i dont think using another players name is a drama and i agree that relic sadly isnt consistent in its decisions over the years:

Why half of the community in coh2 apparently always needs to behave like 12 year old idiots.....
i mean, this constant trolling bullshit ingame and in chats is not even funny, its just annoying.
just play the game and nobody gets banned...
27 Nov 2021, 13:37 PM
Donator 22

Sorry for flaming here, now that I have reflection, some stuff I say might be rude. I could put it way way nicer>

wow, few people say sorry for something afterwards. Nice one.
27 Nov 2021, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 13:21 PMDAZ187
many players have streamed and trolled with name changing in the past years but nobody was ever punished.

Well...... about that :foreveralone:
27 Nov 2021, 13:56 PM

Sage used Findeed name for ages and even talked alot of bm while doing so.

... and got permabanned multiple times on different accounts for it in the end. See entry #4 : https://www.coh2.org/topic/52964/list-of-players-suspended-banned-by-relic/post/725206

About the grey areas and vague rules, I agree with all of you basically. But one thing is pretty certain: You cannot get banned just for copying a Steam name unless it's Relic Staff name. There needs to be additional abusive behavior, in a way so that the person is clearly attempting to damage the reputation of the name that they duplicated.

Now in Kimbo's case, only Relic knows the exact reason. But there is multiple possible scenarios, such as:

- playing arranged team with a seeking smurf while using Luvnest's name was interpreted as attempted reputation damage

- the whole player impersonation as reason was just a "placeholder" for a different reason such as playing with a cheater

- etc.

OK i show you one of my smurfs banned from back in the day, just because im a nice guy.

Ok so one of my assumptions might be wrong, cool. But it really doesn't matter. We're arguing about something that isn't the core of the topic.

Relic doesn't have to tell you the exact details about the ban. You were walking on thin ice when you decided to change your name while playing with Seeking, and you knew that. Not to mention that there might be ban-worthy incidents that we don't know about because it happened off-stream.

It's not our business, so what is even the point of this thread other than you throwing a tantrum *again* after being timebanned for what feels like the 3rd or 4th time now :rolleyes: (congrats, that is quite an achievement Kimbo)
27 Nov 2021, 14:07 PM

DISRUPTIVE BEHAVIOR

Relics enforcement of this rule is either targeted or just completly random, either way pathetic.

Asiamint used my name for quite some time and i used his. About half of the korean community was, is or will be pfc. Sage used Findeed name for ages and even talked alot of bm while doing so. I have been playing as Billie Eilish for months. Tons of people running around as Erwin Rommel.

Enforce the rule consistently or not at all but dont use it as an excuse cherry pick bans

Totaly agree with this. It's just another cheap excuse to ban someone they don't like.

27 Nov 2021, 14:13 PM

perhaps it would be a good idea to think about why they dont like him....
27 Nov 2021, 16:24 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Kimbo, you and some people speak about getting a warning.
I wrote you a PM and you reacted and saw it and I asked you, who is Ron. So there you should know that maybe its bad idea to play with Seeking. You played after this 2vs2 premade with seeking rankgame on stream... 5 Hours later relic action hit.
27 Nov 2021, 20:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Trying to gestapo drill me isn't really the best way of issuing a warning. When I saw this message I was like, what does this guy want again and didn't wanna get bothered. What I would really appreciate is a message alongside "hey, you know you can get banned for playing with a banned player?". That would probably be enough for me to say, you're right and stop playing with him. I have a habit of not responding to patronizing messages like this.
27 Nov 2021, 21:50 PM

Here is my take. This is a bunch of nonsense that only jeopardizes the community.

Using another person ign should not be a bannable offense. This is a minor issue at best. Even if it is written in the guidelines as such, these are so broad as to include any sort of behaviour. You seem to have alot of discretion in wether to enforce them and how to enforce them.

Kimbo is a respected community member who seems pretty reasonable. Perhaps someone could've reached out to him if they were so offended by this supposed transgression instead of banning him.

There is no utility in this and sets a dangerous precedent. I am a devm and vonivan fan. A few years back I would've used theyr names as a sign of respect. This should not be bannable.

I once called for kimbo to be banned when he supposedly streamsniped ivan, so I am not innocent on this.
28 Nov 2021, 02:58 AM

unless it's Relic Staff name.

:eyes:
28 Nov 2021, 05:34 AM

This community is the worst I have ever seen, makes dota and LoL seems great in comparison, From top to bottom.

coh3 will have to be some groundbreaking game for me to even consider buying because after 10 years playing coh1 and 2 I'm pretty much done dealing with all the bs
28 Nov 2021, 07:50 AM

who is Ron?
28 Nov 2021, 12:46 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

who is Ron?

Seeking Smurf

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2021, 05:34 AMzerocoh
This community is the worst I have ever seen, makes dota and LoL seems great in comparison, From top to bottom.

coh3 will have to be some groundbreaking game for me to even consider buying because after 10 years playing coh1 and 2 I'm pretty much done dealing with all the bs

Disagree, in LoL you see way more stupid shit. Thats why there are WAY MORE timebans around.
29 Nov 2021, 05:12 AM
Benefactor 355

Not really sure why so much effort is put into this. Sturmpanther just ban Kimbo from tournaments for a year and let's get it over with. He clearly needs some time to see a therapist and fix his dumb head.
29 Nov 2021, 08:20 AM

Your motive in taking someone else's name was...?

It can't be healthy no matter how it turned out with a motive like that.
29 Nov 2021, 11:12 AM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 21:50 PMSanic
There is no utility in this and sets a dangerous precedent. I am a devm and vonivan fan. A few years back I would've used theyr names as a sign of respect. This should not be bannable.

I understand the dangers, do Relic?.
I'm concerned with Relic's cherry-picking, complacency and corporate hypocrisy.

The downfall of Blizzard should have been a red flag to everyone that it’s dangerous to put any company on a pedestal. Blizzard fell into the trap of complacency which allowed corruption to destroy the company inside out.

This video highlight Blizzard's epic downfall:

At the very least Sega PR had the backbone to criticize EA’s reckless greed while Relic staff stays silent about the EA + Actiblizz bandwagon of fools.

Sega makes fun of EA's surprise mechanics:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/92607/sega-makes-fun-of-ea-s-surprise-mechanics

As long Relic staff stays silent about this blatant corruption they are in no position to lecture me nor anyone else about their non-existent moral high ground.
If evil & corruption manage to infiltrate your personal hobby/game, everyone loses including the publisher, studio and fans. The evil propaganda machinery is extremely well funded.
I have no doubt the gaming industry is deeply infiltrated.

So no, I do not have much faith in the gaming industry as the core leadership is either incompetent, complacent or corrupt.
Do not be fooled by the wolf in sheep clothing. The decadence will end when enough people stop acting like a bunch of gullible sheep.

The price of vigilance (allegiance to TRUTH) vs the trap of complacency:

Join the EA and Actiblizz bandwagon of fools:

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/battlefield-2042-devs-in-trouble-ea-dice-taking-flak-from-employe/z93cba
As a current EA DICE employee with five years of experience wrote:
"The leaders don't want to hear any feedback that isn't positive. [...] Insided, they ignore all the red flags people have been waving at them. Instead they say the same corporate soundbites and pretend everything is fine."

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
Sheep no more?

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
― Plato
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %