Login

russian armor

Penals AT satchel on cooldown.

27 Nov 2021, 18:19 PM

Then I suggest you phrase it more clearly since you replied by giving a reason to someone stating that no changes are needed since the satchel is no OP.

If you simply want to point out differences between different snares: This is no the topic of this discussion.

The point is of this thread is not if satchel are Op either, it about the upgrade and CD. Being UP or OP does not really have much to do with their CD on upgrade.

AT satchels are badly designed as I have posted in other threads, should the start on cooldown? Imo that is the least of their issues.

But I was responding to specific point that "why Penal in particular should have a cooldown" and since there are not like most other snares they are a particular case unlike other snares.
27 Nov 2021, 20:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 18:19 PMVipper

But I was responding to specific point that "why Penal in particular should have a cooldown" and since there are not like most other snares they are a particular case unlike other snares.

Yeah and the difference you chose to point out (engine damage on full health) has nothing to do with the topic

The only difference from most snares that matters here is the snare being locked behind an individual upgrade
28 Nov 2021, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2021, 21:48 PMVipper

I did not claim that AT satchel is overpowered

You went on 5 months long campaign claiming exactly that in not so distant past.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2021, 18:19 PMVipper

Not a single individual unit upgrade providing any ability in the whole game starts on cooldown and penals are not infiltration troops jumping out of ambient houses with ptrs equipped already.

It doesn't matter how penals are designed or if you personally believe its good or bad, you know what to expect of them and if you don't take that into account and take the risk, its 100% on you if it backfires.
29 Nov 2021, 01:03 AM
Donator 11

Instead of l2p people complain about balance on the forum
29 Nov 2021, 01:18 AM

LMAO, " PTRS Penal is bad design ".
This thread showed us that some players just didn't have a basic mechanic of the game and faction itself.
L2P.
30 Nov 2021, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2021, 01:18 AMtheekvn
LMAO, " PTRS Penal is bad design ".

They are, in the sense that Penals are not a good squad template to be lugging around AT rifles.Their reinforce is too high at 27 and mobilize reserves doesn't help them at all in this regard.It would make more sense to give the soviet CE 2xPTRS instead or Cons PTRS non-doctrinal.
2 Dec 2021, 01:08 AM

They are, in the sense that Penals are not a good squad template to be lugging around AT rifles.Their reinforce is too high at 27 and mobilize reserves doesn't help them at all in this regard.It would make more sense to give the soviet CE 2xPTRS instead or Cons PTRS non-doctrinal.

1/ because PTRS penal is light AT unit, it costly but effective vs LV and ground control (protect Su-76, T-70, Quad grinder from being chasing). By forcing Penal go PTRS, you had a upper hand on INF fight later on. Is that enough for balance ?
2/ Giving PTRS to CE is pointless since: they are too weak for anti tank job. With Hurra + snare + PTRS, Con could 1v1 everysingle LV in game, even give a bigger threat to medium tank. Not to mention is overlap with Tank Hunter doctrine.
3/ IF you want a AT inf solution without draw back, I am sorry but not in this game.

Back to this thread, OT fault is not keeping a good distance from eniemes troop even he knows Penal could go for PTRS as emergency solution against LV. Second, instead of running out he should charge into Pental and "eye for an eye". You see, this is L2P issue rather than balance or "bad design" :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18
South Africa 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment