Login

russian armor

Ostheer Accuracy

PAGES (7)down
24 Nov 2021, 07:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If only there was an ability that would make LVs almost immobile. Or some type of buildable to kill them... Should really be a thing in CoH3.
24 Nov 2021, 09:00 AM

just uploaded a replay. it was like the 4th game like this on that day. Watch the pak40 and p4 accuracy

https://www.coh2.org/replay/109724/pak40-accuracy
24 Nov 2021, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

just uploaded a replay. it was like the 4th game like this on that day. Watch the pak40 and p4 accuracy

I can't watch at the moment, but
1. it would be helpful to point to certain time stamps if you really want people to watch it.

2. There is no inherent inaccuracy of either of these units. Also not a bug that lowers it. They are fully in line within their faction and even with other factions. If you got a lot of misses, it was probably moving your tank and/or bad RNG. I highly doubt that after years of playing the game, we've just found a severe issue with one of the core stats of two of the most frequently used units.

This is a "grass is greener on the other side" issue. You even stated that T70 is causing issues. Obviously it does, because that's what it was designed to do and priced for. Your 222 and upgraded infantry were dominating before, if you're able to easily shut down the only unit that has carried Soviet early-mid game for years now because Soviets do not have any main line upgrades at that point, that's the definition of wanting an OP faction. If your PaK misses, that's maybe a lost battle, not a lost game. If your PaK hits (let's be real it hits >85% of the time on an open field), that's maybe a won battle because Soviet infantry at this time won't stand up to yours.
24 Nov 2021, 09:39 AM

...(let's be real it hits >85% of the time on an open field)...

Although I do not disagree you numbers might be a bit high given the smaller target size even if one add collision hits.
24 Nov 2021, 10:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2021, 09:39 AMVipper

Although I do not disagree you numbers might be a bit high given the smaller target size even if one add collision hits.

Mediums get hit usually by half to two thirds of the scatter shots frontally.
If we assume the T70 gets only hit by a third of all scatter shots, this gives us a hit chance of ~81% at max range and ~85% at range 50, being higher at every point closer to that. The one third scatter hits is obviously an assumption, but I think the 85% hit chance is overall fairly realistic.
24 Nov 2021, 10:25 AM

Mediums get hit usually by half to two thirds of the scatter shots frontally.
If we assume the T70 gets only hit by a third of all scatter shots, this gives us a hit chance of ~81% at max range and ~85% at range 50, being higher at every point closer to that. The one third scatter hits is obviously an assumption, but I think the 85% hit chance is overall fairly realistic.

T-70 has 18 target size are your number correct?
24 Nov 2021, 11:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2021, 10:25 AMVipper

Well, you can calculate them, I gave you all the info. Normal hits + scatter hits: 18*0,04 + 0,28/3 = 0,813 at max range.
24 Nov 2021, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2021, 10:25 AMVipper

(max range) 0.04*18 (target size) = 0.72. Means 28% (100%-72%) of shots are going to scatter. If 1/3 of scatter shots are going to hit
0.28*0.33 = ~0.09. 0.09+72 = 0.81*100 = 81%

So we have ( 0.04*18 + 0.33*( 1 - 0.04*18 ) ) *100% =~ 81%
MMX
24 Nov 2021, 12:32 PM

(max range) 0.04*18 (target size) = 0.72. Means 28% (100%-72%) of shots are going to scatter. If 1/3 of scatter shots are going to hit
0.28*0.33 = ~0.09. 0.09+72 = 0.81*100 = 81%

So we have ( 0.04*18 + 0.33*( 1 - 0.04*18 ) ) *100% =~ 81%

This sounds correct. Based on my calculator (pardon the shameless plug) the scatter hit chance should be about 24% at 60 m. So a roughly 80% total hit chance seems quite accurate. Not a guaranteed hit but still far from coin-flip odds for sure!
24 Nov 2021, 15:53 PM

Just watched it, you came in frustrated and yea some of the misses sucked but you were being extremely aggressive with your early gren play. That really messed you up and early losses obviously messed with Scout car timing. You should do some AssG strats since most soviet players seem to conscript spam straight to guards and T70. Hell it seems that AT package is delayed so double AssG in halftrack could cause havoc. Also the early muni saving can be used for both mine types to protect flanks and help funnel LV to your AT.

I chalking up most of your issues to frustration since you don't get that high in rank by luck. I did have one question why did you make 2nd pioneer so early? Since he was spamming so much inf a 2nd MG would have helped out since you were so muni starved to upgrade grens.
24 Nov 2021, 19:49 PM

like i said, the problem is that accuracy problems are more severe because Wehr relies so much on Pak Ambushes and timing. When those crucial shots miss the impact is higher than for allies

So the pak, which has faster reload, higher penetration, and the same accuracy as the ZiS, is punished MORE by missing shots?

That's a uniquely bad take. This is some of the worst logic I've ever seen
25 Nov 2021, 07:31 AM

Having plenty of experience with all factions means jack sh** for bias. Every person on this forum has some sort of bias towards a certain goal. This whole thread is just a biased rant. Outplaying wehr as allies is only possible in 1v1s (I'm assuming you only play 1v1s). Try to outplay wehr on a map like Port of hamburg where an early MG can lock out one part of the map and force you into mortars which means you lose in the long run as you'll severely lack DPS and capping power (cause hamburg design does not allow flanks). You can check the accuracy table of each and every AT gun and use the target size of different vehicles to compare how often who hits whom. You'll notice that it's all in the ballpark

You would know about bias, considering you are probably the 2nd most Soviet biased pundit on this forum. Katitof takes the cake on that one.

The hypocrisy you are spewing is unbelievable.
25 Nov 2021, 08:50 AM

So the pak, which has faster reload, higher penetration, and the same accuracy as the ZiS, is punished MORE by missing shots?

yes, because OStheer != Soviets, and dont have 6 men crew + arty function to clear sandbags

25 Nov 2021, 08:59 AM

yes, because OStheer != Soviets, and dont have 6 men crew + arty function to clear sandbags

The 6man crew has been null for like years and if anything just causes death loop and thats a fact, it was when oh okw didnt have proper garrison removing tools, why can sturpios shoot through walls? Ill ahow you 10 maps and buildings where they can? And cant be fired upon
25 Nov 2021, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2021, 08:59 AMRocket

The 6man crew has been null for like years and if anything just causes death loop and thats a fact, it was when oh okw didnt have proper garrison removing tools, why can sturpios shoot through walls? Ill ahow you 10 maps and buildings where they can? And cant be fired upon

what does this have to do with topic? i just pointed out that misses in a gamephase which is utterly crucial for wehr are frustrating and should be tweaked
25 Nov 2021, 11:02 AM

I dont see how its any more crucial for any other faction considering you have the best support weapons in the game, an mg that vets easily and has anti light vehicle then on with snares from the start, best at gun in the game with a stun vetted(brits is a close aecond), best mortar in the game 2x of them vs brits just annihlates them as they cant use cover and have 4 man squads and i swear to god they have heat seeking mortars. No i dont see anything relevant because your at gun misses a shot. Oh also mines that one shot a light vehicles? There is zero wrong with that faction add in someone with great body armor sniper micro…
25 Nov 2021, 13:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

what does this have to do with topic? i just pointed out that misses in a gamephase which is utterly crucial for wehr are frustrating and should be tweaked

But that's the point you've been failing to make a case for.
Why is this phase more crucial for OST than say for Soviets? Due to infantry upgrades and the 222/251, Soviets are on the back foot from the ~4 minute mark until the T70 arrives. What sense does it make that they are denied their power spike?

You want Ostheer to transition from a strong 222 phase into an even Allied LV phase, into a strong medium phase again. Where's the weak phase of Ostheer?
25 Nov 2021, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2021, 11:02 AMRocket
I dont see how its any more crucial for any other faction considering you have the best support weapons in the game, an mg that vets easily and has anti light vehicle then on with snares from the start, best at gun in the game with a stun vetted(brits is a close aecond), best mortar in the game 2x of them vs brits just annihlates them as they cant use cover and have 4 man squads and i swear to god they have heat seeking mortars. No i dont see anything relevant because your at gun misses a shot. Oh also mines that one shot a light vehicles? There is zero wrong with that faction add in someone with great body armor sniper micro…

you play allies only. you have 12 1v1 games of which 11 are with US

play 10 wehrmacht games in 1v1 and you will understand
25 Nov 2021, 14:45 PM

But that's the point you've been failing to make a case for.
Why is this phase more crucial for OST than say for Soviets? Due to infantry upgrades and the 222/251, Soviets are on the back foot from the ~4 minute mark until the T70 arrives. What sense does it make that they are denied their power spike?

You want Ostheer to transition from a strong 222 phase into an even Allied LV phase, into a strong medium phase again. Where's the weak phase of Ostheer?

sov arent on the backfoot because everywheere are cons behind sandbags. 222 comes at the same time as t70. before that you need a Pak which leads to 320 mp down the drain which cant fight inf and is only good for chasing off lv. and then that thing even misses....
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS