Login

russian armor

Ostheer Accuracy

PAGES (7)down
23 Nov 2021, 14:25 PM

Is it just me or does the so important first shot of the following units miss way too often:

Pak40
P4
Elefant

Wehr is reliant on stuff that works, this is frustrating
23 Nov 2021, 14:35 PM

Is it just me or does the so important first shot of the following units miss way too often:

Pak40
P4
Elefant

Wehr is reliant on stuff that works, this is frustrating

BRO, I have had several matches where T34 misses at point blank range. I think it is just more noticeable with WEHR since their armor units are more expensive.
23 Nov 2021, 14:37 PM

BRO, I have had several matches where T34 misses at point blank range. I think it is just more noticeable with WEHR since their armor units are more expensive.

but wehr relies so much on positioning and timing, so this is almost gamebreaking
23 Nov 2021, 15:03 PM

Raketenwerfer 43: First time?

I can’t say I consider such units to have accuracy problems, even after watching many hours of stream footage of them being used. Ideally with Panzer IV, you want to stop to take shots rather than fire on the move, even brief movements. Elefant misses are more noticeable because of the huge impact it can have in a shootout, esp vs Allied TDs.
23 Nov 2021, 15:04 PM

Not really. Just your biased view, nothing more. This is more of a rant thread than an actual one, definitely not a "balance" one to be in this section.
Copium needed
23 Nov 2021, 15:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is mostly self-bias. P4 and PaK40 have the same accuracy and scatter values than their Allied counter parts. Elefant has the same issues as every casemate: The first shots miss more often in general, but nothing special to the Elefant itself.
23 Nov 2021, 15:48 PM

Elefant has the same issues as every casemate: The first shots miss more often in general, but nothing special to the Elefant itself.

It shouldn't have this issue because unlike regular casemates, the Elefant and Jagdtiger can not fire on the move and thus (afaik) don't have a moving accuracy penalty.

The main reason the Elefant misses relatively often is simply because it has relatively poor far accuracy for a TD at 0.03, while most regular TDs have 0.04.
23 Nov 2021, 16:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It shouldn't have this issue because unlike regular casemates, the Elefant and Jagdtiger can not fire on the move and thus (afaik) don't have a moving accuracy penalty.

The main reason the Elefant misses relatively often is simply because it has relatively poor far accuracy for a TD at 0.03, while most regular TDs have 0.04.

That's a good point though, I stand corrected.
23 Nov 2021, 16:55 PM

Since a few patches ago, I also notice Pak40 misses a lot more.
23 Nov 2021, 16:57 PM

>elefant misses

>Wehrmacht is reliant on AT guns hitting their shots somehow more than other factions

not the game's problem that your rng is dog trash, pointless thread
23 Nov 2021, 17:11 PM

but wehr relies so much on positioning and timing, so this is almost gamebreaking

Really that only applies to T3, T4 units have the armor to get off more shots/RNG rolls. The other issue might be the reduction in TANK target size from a patch or 2 ago. Could be causing some far accuaracy issues that weren't a problem before.
23 Nov 2021, 17:12 PM

like i said, the problem is that accuracy problems are more severe because Wehr relies so much on Pak Ambushes and timing. When those crucial shots miss the impact is higher than for allies
23 Nov 2021, 17:18 PM

like i said, the problem is that accuracy problems are more severe because Wehr relies so much on Pak Ambushes and timing. When those crucial shots miss the impact is higher than for allies

they do not rely on pak ambushes more than other factions rely on their own sort of ambushes with their own AT

you can argue wehr needs to, because standard allied armor is really brittle and dies in a low shot count, or strong (but then its way more limited in number).

But this exact same thing is inherent to each faction in the game, unless you don't care if the soviet zis gun misses the killing blow on that 222 or if a vet 3 firefly misses a 1-shot panther on blitzkrieg
23 Nov 2021, 17:36 PM

That's because you only played WM recently. Play other faction, you will now see that they miss as much as WM. It's just how people react to the bad RNG. Memory of lucky miss by opponent doesn't last long (or can not be detected while controling other), yet your one last shot or first shot missing opponent stays in your brain.
23 Nov 2021, 18:51 PM

In addition SU-85/M36 get their accuracy bonus at vet 2 which is easier to achieve than Elefant's at vet 3 while FF has 0.044 accuracy and one of the longest mid ranges at 45.
23 Nov 2021, 21:44 PM

"The faction that is my favorite at the time should have better core unit stats than everyone else, because I'm bad and it's game breaking if I can't win".
23 Nov 2021, 22:25 PM

outplaying wehr as allies is much easier because running around with cons oora or rifles and abusing the wehr setup time is much easier, just like driving your t70 around corners. in those situations, when the pak40 even misses it kills the game experience. also i have plenty of experience with all factions
23 Nov 2021, 23:17 PM

outplaying wehr as allies is much easier because running around with cons oora or rifles and abusing the wehr setup time is much easier, just like driving your t70 around corners. in those situations, when the pak40 even misses it kills the game experience. also i have plenty of experience with all factions

Having plenty of experience with all factions means jack sh** for bias. Every person on this forum has some sort of bias towards a certain goal. This whole thread is just a biased rant. Outplaying wehr as allies is only possible in 1v1s (I'm assuming you only play 1v1s). Try to outplay wehr on a map like Port of hamburg where an early MG can lock out one part of the map and force you into mortars which means you lose in the long run as you'll severely lack DPS and capping power (cause hamburg design does not allow flanks). You can check the accuracy table of each and every AT gun and use the target size of different vehicles to compare how often who hits whom. You'll notice that it's all in the ballpark
23 Nov 2021, 23:20 PM

Having plenty of experience with all factions means jack sh** for bias. Every person on this forum has some sort of bias towards a certain goal. This whole thread is just a biased rant. Outplaying wehr as allies is only possible in 1v1s (I'm assuming you only play 1v1s). Try to outplay wehr on a map like Port of hamburg where an early MG can lock out one part of the map and force you into mortars which means you lose in the long run as you'll severely lack DPS and capping power (cause hamburg design does not allow flanks). You can check the accuracy table of each and every AT gun and use the target size of different vehicles to compare how often who hits whom. You'll notice that it's all in the ballpark

this isnt about comparing at guns, it's about the only chance for wehr to survive midgame is to position pak correctly vs light vehicles. When the pak misses in those situations it's frustrating and a almost a guaranteed lose
23 Nov 2021, 23:45 PM

this isnt about comparing at guns, it's about the only chance for wehr to survive midgame is to position pak correctly vs light vehicles. When the pak misses in those situations it's frustrating and a almost a guaranteed lose

Every faction has that problem, you are not losing due to a random missed shot. The only thing you can control is your positioning and AT support. RNG has a heavy hand in all aspects and we just try to minimize as much as possible. You win some you lose some, I know how it feels I have lost several games where I have done everything right but game decides my shooters/drivers are drunk. I literally blobbed attacked a snared rear facing panther and due to my T34 firing on the "move" I missed about 6 shots or more in a row. Took all 4 to kill his panther and guess what I lost. I was pissed but its part of the game. I have also had games where all my T34 shots frontally penned a Tiger, worked for me but opponent was probably cursing my name.

Looking at your thoughts on AT accuracy, you are pretty much wanting to remove the light vehicle phase. Any higher chance of hitting literally makes every midgame LV useless. This would heavily benefit WEHR as they have the weakest LV so skipping them is not as impactful which to compensate would mean nerfing other parts of the faction.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS