Login

russian armor

OST sniper need nerf.

20 Oct 2021, 17:21 PM

With all those arguments, I'm still not convinced that OST sniper is better then SOV one. If anything SOV is generally more effective, especially in tandem with Penals. It also has a flare that can reveal cloaked units. So if any nerf should be done, it should be done to all, or at least both SOV and OST snipers.

Counter snipe is kind of redundant ability. Pretty sure most counter sniping at higher levels is done manually.

I wasent aware flares revael cloaked units. Is this specific to the sniper or a radius smaller the sight it gives?

Because i used flares plenty of times from mortars and it hasent revealed stealth units ime.
20 Oct 2021, 17:22 PM

I agree
unless SOV is facing Osttruppen,ass-grens or pzfusiliers, then the SOV sniper is the best out of the 3 factions.

Though UKF sniper needs something more going for it, and USF needs M20 unlocked after any/or officer to hunt down snipers
20 Oct 2021, 17:47 PM

I wasent aware flares revael cloaked units. Is this specific to the sniper or a radius smaller the sight it gives?

Because i used flares plenty of times from mortars and it hasent revealed stealth units ime.

this is sniper specific flare. AFAIK other flares do not do that.
20 Oct 2021, 18:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Though UKF sniper needs something more going for it, and USF needs M20 unlocked after any/or officer to hunt down snipers

I think that's actually the most important point.
The vehicle crit ability is nice, but apart from this it is a downgrade.
Iirc, it fires way slower and comes later. And the possibility to engage vehicles is utter trash. Either you don't want to fight vehicles anyway because they are a counter to the sniper (even more so with the recent movement nerf), or you don't want to because the damage does nothing significant. What is 40 damage supposed to achieve? It does not synergize with the ATG, LVs are not threatened by 40 damage either, I'd need to shots against mediums to follow up with a low-availability snare and it does not even synergize with a PIAT if those things hit once in a lifetime. Really? PIAT + sniper gives me 140 damage, which does not cross any significant threshold.
20 Oct 2021, 19:11 PM

I think that's actually the most important point.
The vehicle crit ability is nice, but apart from this it is a downgrade.
Iirc, it fires way slower and comes later. And the possibility to engage vehicles is utter trash. Either you don't want to fight vehicles anyway because they are a counter to the sniper (even more so with the recent movement nerf), or you don't want to because the damage does nothing significant. What is 40 damage supposed to achieve? It does not synergize with the ATG, LVs are not threatened by 40 damage either, I'd need to shots against mediums to follow up with a low-availability snare and it does not even synergize with a PIAT if those things hit once in a lifetime. Really? PIAT + sniper gives me 140 damage, which does not cross any significant threshold.

The Boys sniper rifle does 60 damage to vehicles. Shots can sometime even slow vehicles.

The Critical shot ability does 40 but it also cause addition effect for instance for light vehicles it cause engine damage and for casemates it cause crew shock and in tanks it causes turret traversal jam .

So the ability can be very effective is used properly.

I would go so far to say that engine damage vs light vehicles is OP.
20 Oct 2021, 19:37 PM

I haven't played brits in lord knows how long, but a brit sniper would come past the 5min mark right?

the ''window of opportunity'' is closed, or closing fast in most circumstances. By this time, 222/flame HT is out, luchs or puma is just around the corner, limiting what a brit sniper can realistically do.

I suppose a buff to cost and pop would be in order since it arrives so late, 280-300mp and 8pop
20 Oct 2021, 19:41 PM

With all those arguments, I'm still not convinced that OST sniper is better then SOV one. If anything SOV is generally more effective, especially in tandem with Penals. It also has a flare that can reveal cloaked units. So if any nerf should be done, it should be done to all, or at least both SOV and OST snipers.

Counter snipe is kind of redundant ability. Pretty sure most counter sniping at higher levels is done manually.

Yes. it should be done to all sniper.
I understand when met with penal+ptrs and sniper while playing OKW.
20 Oct 2021, 19:43 PM

Actually.
UKF sniper can't even effectively kill kubel wagen.
20 Oct 2021, 21:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2021, 23:09 PMvgfgff
the most effective way(without dorctinal) to coutner sniper is use sniper to counter.

/thread really, you answered your own question.
20 Oct 2021, 21:54 PM

I agree
unless SOV is facing Osttruppen,ass-grens or pzfusiliers, then the SOV sniper is the best out of the 3 factions.

If look at stats, skill
In overall OST sniper is still the best.
If include tech tier OST is better than other.
SOV need to go T1 and lost access to support weapon or build both with huge MP investment.
OST sniper doesn't need specific tech unless you skipped tier 1 and go pzgren instead.
UKF sniper are bad timing.
20 Oct 2021, 21:56 PM

/thread really, you answered your own question.

expect this thread I'm not asking a question but suggestion.
21 Oct 2021, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2021, 21:54 PMvgfgff

If look at stats, skill
In overall OST sniper is still the best.
If include tech tier OST is better than other.
SOV need to go T1 and lost access to support weapon or build both with huge MP investment.
OST sniper doesn't need specific tech unless you skipped tier 1 and go pzgren instead.
UKF sniper are bad timing.

So what are you going to achieve?
What is the purpose of all these shitposting thread?
If you want fraction units and build order almost being same, play AOE2DE, or AOE4 next week.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2021, 21:56 PMvgfgff

expect this thread I'm not asking a question but suggestion.

Suggestion of what?
21 Oct 2021, 05:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2021, 01:53 AMPorygon

So what are you going to achieve?
What is the purpose of all these shitposting thread?
If you want fraction units and build order almost being same, play AOE2DE, or AOE4 next week.

Suggestion of what?

I don't want unit and build order remain same.
but sniper get mirrored long time ago but its firerate are not same.
A purpose of this is

sniper is too hard to catch. I suggest about its targetsize should be increase.
21 Oct 2021, 07:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2021, 05:14 AMvgfgff

I don't want unit and build order remain same.
but sniper get mirrored long time ago but its firerate are not same.
A purpose of this is

sniper is too hard to catch. I suggest about its targetsize should be increase.

COH2 snipers are already braindead easy to catch, very easy to kill, true sight system is the key, use it. The last patch change was like nailed in the coffin. Try COH1 if you think COH2 is hard.

Fun fact, COH3 looks like taking COH1 approach with the snipers. :)
21 Oct 2021, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2021, 07:37 AMPorygon

COH2 snipers are already braindead easy to catch, very easy to kill, true sight system is the key, use it. The last patch change was like nailed in the coffin. Try COH1 if you think COH2 is hard.

Fun fact, COH3 looks like taking COH1 approach with the snipers. :)

At your rank It might be easy. at this rank you always met with unskilled player.
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198067678314

But at my rank it is not.
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198391156856
I was dropped from rank 200 as soviet to 485 now because of skiled sniper player so as UKF which dropped from 150 .

if sniper is not alone but it placed behind MG, behind gren or with penal + ptrs.
how you going to catch them in this situation?

mostly my sniper never died untill late game especially it 90% win when use sniped vs OKW player.

edit : please understand that I'm not insult you by a rank but sniper do have problem in high rank game that why they got nerf in latest patch.
21 Oct 2021, 10:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2021, 09:24 AMvgfgff

At your rank It might be easy. at this rank you always met with unskilled player.
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198067678314

But at my rank it is not.
https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/0/steamid/76561198391156856
I was dropped from rank 200 as soviet to 485 now because of skiled sniper player so as UKF which dropped from 150 .

if sniper is not alone but it placed behind MG, behind gren or with penal + ptrs.
how you going to catch them in this situation?

mostly my sniper never died untill late game especially it 90% win when use sniped vs OKW player.

edit : please understand that I'm not insult you by a rank but sniper do have problem in high rank game that why they got nerf in latest patch.

Dude, just because I don't play this game competitively anymore because I am a 30+ y/o guy now and you trying to ad hominem my rank? At least check my win rate first? My Brit and US 1v1 was still around 100-200 last month.

I started playing COH1 since 2007 and ceased playing COH2 in 2016 competitively, possibly up to eight thousands 1v1 games in both games. I know how Snipers work, thank you.

It is just you don't.

Catch it out of position and he is dead.
If you can't do that, your opponent outplay you.
If your opponent outplay you, the sniper deserved to be hard to be killed.
Then why don't you practice the game instead of shit posting these thread here? if you really care.

The only scenario Snipers being pain in the ass, Ostheer vs Brit and he getting Sniper and Osttruppen as starting unit.

You never faced COH1 always cloaking snipers and their Snipers spam.
You never faced COH2 Snipers clown cars shielded by Guards clown cars.

And you are complaining a stupid COH2 unit, getting slow after a shot, getting instantly killed by a little burst of rifles or light vehicle if he is out of cover, and still trying to say it is OVERPOWERED.
21 Oct 2021, 11:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2021, 10:03 AMPorygon

Dude, just because I don't play this game competitively anymore because I am a 30+ y/o guy now and you trying to ad hominem my rank? At least check my win rate first? My Brit and US 1v1 was still around 100-200 last month.

I started playing COH1 since 2007 and ceased playing COH2 in 2016 competitively, possibly up to eight thousands 1v1 games in both games. I know how Snipers work, thank you.

It is just you don't.

Catch it out of position and he is dead.
If you can't do that, your opponent outplay you.
If your opponent outplay you, the sniper deserved to be hard to be killed.
Then why don't you practice the game instead of shit posting these thread here? if you really care.

The only scenario Snipers being pain in the ass, Ostheer vs Brit and he getting Sniper and Osttruppen as starting unit.

You never faced COH1 always cloaking snipers and their Snipers spam.
You never faced COH2 Snipers clown cars shielded by Guards clown cars.

And you are complaining a stupid COH2 unit, getting slow after a shot, getting instantly killed by a little burst of rifles or light vehicle if he is out of cover, and still trying to say it is OVERPOWERED.

This is why you have no idea what you talking about.
NO ONE place sniper alone. they always get cover by other unit. and we use infantry to spot enemy. No one use sniper at frontline unit and run to spot enemy by themself. They always stay behind something.

sniper never get 1 shot kill by infantry because of its targetsize.

I'm grinding to top 200. and you are at rank P you may have winrate but still less EXPERIENCED than me I have273 game as UKF and I used to have +8 win srteak until I met with pro sniper opposite constantly.

Now You playing causally so your opposite too. that is why anything is SO EASY for you. enemy just let you run to sniper and kill without retreat.

sniper become meta before last patch.

Balanced team/pro player nerf sniper in last patch. why? becuase they need to practice?

Try it yourself move sniper BEHIND genadier and I garuntee enemy will not able to take down your sniper except they need to run madly to your sniper ,lost a lot of men. when you use retreat button. they will lost for nothing.

**MY SNIPER NEVER DIED FROM ENEMY INFANTRY especially when OST vs UKF and SOV VS OKW and I really got a lot of benefit from using sniper but I'm fair enough to said they need more nerf.
21 Oct 2021, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2021, 11:49 AMvgfgff

I'm grinding to top 200. and you are at rank P you may have winrate but still less EXPERIENCED than me I have273 game as UKF and I used to have +8 win srteak until I met with pro sniper opposite constantly.

But Porygon does have better stats then you do though. TBH I have no idea why you thought it is a good idea to bring up the playercards. This is as stupid as it gets, when it comes to arguments.

If you think sniper is OP, play it and see how many ranks you can climb.
21 Oct 2021, 13:03 PM

Thread started as "nerf ost sniper" but suddenly realisation came that its just as hard to fight soviet sniper unless you are unable to counter snipe.

And on a point of which sniper is better. Soviet sniper is objectively much better then ost one.

Main benifit of ost sniper is that it comes from T1 and that 2 out 3 enemy factions dont have proper answer to it early.

But when it comes to sniper duty, soviet sniper is not only coses much higter bleed to Ostheer per-shot, but also with the same rate of fire it forces to retreat ost units faster + you can somewhat self spot on vet 1 with flares, unlike other snipers who need vet 2 for this.

And lack of support weapons can easily be compinsated by just picking commander with support call-ins, if you dont want to backtech.
21 Oct 2021, 13:19 PM

UKF sniper is just as cancerous. Only counter OKW can use is JLI, or just blob his cutoff non-stop. I don't know what ranks you guys play at but for the past couple of years I've not killed a sniper with an LV and I've not lost a sniper to an LV because snares and mines exist. There's like a 1 minute window to kill Ost sniper before 222 arrives, and grens literally have a 20 range snare.

It's hell on earth as USF vs Ost sniper. Only reason OKW doesn't suffer as much now is that JLI serve the counter-snipe role reasonably well. Paths with their 40% crit just don't cut it. Maybe at Porygon's skill level he's fighting vs mg42 spammers so he doesn't feel it as much but snipers are still incredibly hard to deal with for the WFA factions, mainly USF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★