Login

russian armor

Why S mine field exist in this game?

4 Oct 2021, 17:57 PM

The only S-mine field that I found OP was when all volks could plant S-mine everywhere.

But since only pio & sturmpio can now plant them, opponent can simply remove it with vehicle when spotted.

other stock mine too. only enginner can plant them.
4 Oct 2021, 19:36 PM

Can someone explain to me why S-mine field need a goddamn sign ? It ruins the surprise effect and makes the whole thing pointless in 80% of cases, especially since a light vehicle makes a short work of it.
4 Oct 2021, 19:40 PM

Can someone explain to me why S-mine field need a goddamn sign ? It ruins the surprise effect and makes the whole thing pointless in 80% of cases, especially since a light vehicle makes a short work of it.

That would not be a crazy OP. It's one thing if a mine lies at a certain point, another thing is that this is a large field that can destroy a huge number of units, if you just sent troops somewhere and were distracted for a few seconds. The design of the minefield is simply bad, it is either total OP (no signs), or uselessness. And with this hardly anything can be done.
5 Oct 2021, 18:04 PM

If dev reverse TNT to previous version(which is cloaked). I will agree with you.
5 Oct 2021, 18:05 PM

another issue of S minefield is It cover too much area.If there have more than 2 minefield in a map it will almost impossible to recapture any area.
5 Oct 2021, 22:20 PM

The most stupid thing about s-mines is that you get a full minefield regardless of how many you plant

the number of mines in each of the 4 boxes just increases per planted mine

typical bias when u have nfi about the game. maybe start playing some axis b4 u start calling units op
6 Oct 2021, 14:40 PM

Their primary purpose is area denial, not killing. That's why they come in a huge square area. You can easily lock down entire areas with them, like flanking routes or a VP. And unlike other mines they are lethal enough (they will kill more than two models so you can't just sweep them the Soviet way) to force your opponent to commit resources or time to clear them, so even if they see the signs they will give you an advantage.
7 Oct 2021, 10:21 AM

The whole point of minefield is to be a part of combined arms, like you place it just on an MG42s flank, so the MG covers one direction, and the mine field protects its flank. Having a sign does not hinder this role.

No sign would be way OP, its already powerful. minefield on its own, with no suppport is supposed to be easy to counter, just like a lone MG is.

Planting them on retreat paths is cheesy, and imo not an intended feature of their design. Not sure how possible it would be, but would make a lot of sense and better balance if you could only place them in controled territory.
8 Oct 2021, 04:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2021, 20:26 PMReverb
Ostheer gets the shit end of the stick with mines

They actually have the most diverse mine set up.

They have S-Mines, AT Mines and regular 30 munition mines (Halftrack) available non stock and Reigel Mines with Doctrine. Soviets Only have 30 munition mines (The Doctrinal Mines available to them are a waste of ammo), UKF has 30 munition mines and USF has crap stun mines and the M20 AT Mine.

As far as mines go Whermacht are living the good life.

Whermacht can use regular mines via Halftrack if you are unhappy with S-Mine Fields. Either way S-Mines having a sign makes no difference in how it is used. Think of it like explosive sandbags. You use it for defense to cover your MG. Say for example your MG-42 is in a house, S-mines can cover you from side flanks and also cover you from smoke pushes as well. In addition to that it allows you space/time to retreat without getting chased unless its from a vehicle. It serves a different role/purpose than Soviet mines.

Soviets are the least Ammo Dependent faction in the game (unless going for Penal PTRS builds) even though they will float ammo more so than other factions and will use mines more offensively as a munition sink.
8 Oct 2021, 07:08 AM

irl, mines would turn neutral after planting :)
8 Oct 2021, 07:11 AM

They should do less damage to retreating squads, otherwise they're fine.
Pip
10 Oct 2021, 21:54 PM

irl, mines would turn neutral after planting :)

Ostensibly you know where you planted your own mines, which is what them not blowing up on your own units is meant to represent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 262
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %