Login

russian armor

[Relic][Dev Diary] CoH-Development

24 Sep 2021, 21:05 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

👀 👋 David Littman (Executive Producer), Will Ward aka MonolithicBacon (Map Designer), Matt Philip (Gameplay Lead), Stormless, A_E, Kyle Fehr (Gameplay Designer), Luvnest, Sturmpanther, HelpingHans, Ishtari, John Tabbernor (Associate Community Manager), Leanne Bradbury (Senior Community Manager), Le12ro, Greyshot.
24 Sep 2021, 22:52 PM

Cool video - would like to see Relic include more and more players as the testing & feedback progresses!
24 Sep 2021, 23:12 PM

Classic Relic. We dont have 30 minutes to fix the garbage match making on our server but lets waste a week making a video about how cool our stuff is for the lemmings ready to spend money on our broken trash.

Very sad to see this. Just ridiculous. They should be ashamed.
25 Sep 2021, 07:48 AM
Donator 22

wow, this is so different from coh2 development - happy to see this
25 Sep 2021, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2021, 23:12 PMRosbone
Classic Relic. We dont have 30 minutes to fix the garbage match making on our server but lets waste a week making a video about how cool our stuff is for the lemmings ready to spend money on our broken trash.

Yes, imagine how much development time is wasted by not sending the video editors / scriptwriters / PR personnel to the Relic re-education camp to learn software engineering instead. Quit it with the marketing, Relic, send Leanne to learn C++ and fix the matchmaking.
25 Sep 2021, 17:05 PM

Sorry I take this a complete insult from Relic. I too want to be really excited about Coh3. Sadly I have been cursed with functioning grey matter.

I am very excited to see Relic actively seeking/hiring community members to make the best possible game they can. It seems as though they maybe learned some lessons from DOW3.

I also love seeing some of my favorite community members on the video.

But any intro to C#/C++ programmer can fix the the server in 5 minutes. Give me the code and access and I will fix it for free (like have done everything else). I dont want a job at Relic. I just want a functioning game for you guys as I always have.

So they may have learned some lessons from DOW3 but are still not learning the mistakes they keep making over and over again with Coh2. I guess we will have to wait for Coh4 for them to get that figured out. Or they can not let Coh3 fail by killing off the core community they are targeting, Coh2 players.

Or look at it this way:
You guys all have 1000's of hours playing Coh2. Well I have 1000's of hours fixing, making, testing, helping others, and debugging maps for free. Writing CELO for streamers. Helping people use Celo. Giving money to tournaments. Twitch subs, etc.

I would like to see how many hours Janne, SiphonX, PageP, etc have writing code to make the experience much better. Not to mention all the people here at Coh2.Org etc.

Relic cant spend 30 minutes adjusting the server code?

Who is doing more for you guys and the game of Coh2? If only Relic loved the game as much as we do.
25 Sep 2021, 17:12 PM

I'm gonna buy coh3 collectors edition as soon as pre order becomes available simply because I spent 3000 hours on CoH2, a game I spent maybe 100 bucks on at most. CoH2 also just isn't broken. Idk what game you're playing. It's poorly optimized but in terms of functionality it's fine.
25 Sep 2021, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2021, 17:12 PMGiaA
It's poorly optimized but in terms of functionality it's fine.

I am not asking to fix pathing, UI bugs, etc. Just fix the server code. 5 minute job any smooth brain could do.

THE PROBLEM
26 Sep 2021, 12:17 PM

The comments above are slightly harsh, but I understand the frustration. CoH2 is slowly heading towards its software end-of-lifecycle, and things are slowly breaking apart yet kept together in a playable state.

Nonetheless, I don't see anything wrong with game designers and developers celebrating and showcasing their newest projects.
26 Sep 2021, 17:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2021, 12:17 PMle12ro
These are slightly harsh comments

I dont think you had to preface your statements here. Your comments do not seem that harsh to me.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2021, 12:17 PMle12ro
slowly breaking apart yet kept together in a playable state.

The game is not in a playable state, that is the point. It has not been in a playable state for a long time (Forever?).

Since you guys have trouble with reading comprehension (most do not speak english as your first language), I will continue to try and help you.

* The matchmaking on the server is broken.
* Has been forever.
* Relic could fix it easily in 30 minutes.
* But instead they spend 100's of hours jerking themselves off about Coh3. Because they do not care about YOU, the coh2 player. YOUR experience in coh2 means nothing to them. Just like DOW3, Relic has abandoned the game. But the coh2 community are a bunch of little simps that keep licking Relics balls no matter how many times they shit on your chest.
* I care about you and your playing experience 1000 times more than Relic does.

Was that clear enough for everyone?

Should I rephrase it again?

If you understand what I wrote, please post a simple "YES" here so I can leave this site forever.

BLACK ADMINS: if 10 people post yes here, please delete my account from Coh2.org.
26 Sep 2021, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2021, 17:00 PMRosbone

If you understand what I wrote, please post a simple "YES" here so I can leave this site forever.

BLACK ADMINS: if 10 people post yes here, please delete my account from Coh2.org.

YES I understand your point of view. However, it is oversimplified and drastically exaggerated. The game is perfectly playable. Yes, matchmaking is not optimal but I rather get "unfair" games from time to time than having to wait several minutes...
26 Sep 2021, 19:32 PM

I dont think you had to preface your statements here. Your comments do not seem that harsh to me.

The game is not in a playable state, that is the point. It has not been in a playable state for a long time (Forever?).

Since you guys have trouble with reading comprehension (most do not speak english as your first language), I will continue to try and help you.

* Has been forever.
* But instead they spend 100's of hours jerking themselves off about Coh3. Because they do not care about YOU, the coh2 player. YOUR experience in coh2 means nothing to them. Just like DOW3, Relic has abandoned the game. But the coh2 community are a bunch of little simps that keep licking Relics balls no matter how many times they shit on your chest.

well, what you're saying is just factually wrong. CoH2 is obviously in a playable state. The issue also isn't reading comprehension. It's that your rants are barely coherent lately. Yes the matchmaking is suboptimal but it's not broken in the sense that it doesn't work. It's not optimized but it works. And yes, maybe it could be improved with very little effort but you still blow the whole thing way out of proportion. And btw there is no objectively perfect way for the matchmaking to do the "quick game vs balanced game" weighting.
26 Sep 2021, 20:12 PM

I'd rather afk 20 minutes in matchmaking queue than go through the frustration of the matchmaking and wasting even more hours playing unbalanced and unfun matches because I get matched vs too good enemies or with a bad teammate or bad enemies

Let the player choose if they want a quick match or a balanced one by having to tick a box for it. The current matchmaking is screwing over too many people and sadly relic doesnt seem to care about this. I'm sure that 90% of community want balanced matches instead of quick low quality matches.
27 Sep 2021, 00:50 AM

Agreed. They launched COH 2 in a broken state and the game has been in a barely playable state throughout its history. At the moment playing anything but 1v1 is a mistake due to all the chinese/asian trolls flooding the COH 2 multiplayer servers that love to leave or act extremely toxic in game.
27 Sep 2021, 02:52 AM

* Has been forever.

.........Yes...

@Rosbone It's the community.... no amount of updates can fix the human error in a code :) I appreciate rosbone's work but he should take a break and let the coh2 player community go to s**t 😈
27 Sep 2021, 05:06 AM

.........Yes...

@Rosbone It's the community.... no amount of updates can fix the human error in a code :) I appreciate rosbone's work but he should take a break and let the coh2 player community go to s**t 😈

I feel it is my duty to try and help one last time before I disappear. Just need a few more YES votes and I am outta here for good. Already deleted my Twitch account. Still have Coh2 installed to fill the voids in between my Kemper Sex Sessions™.

This is basically all of my waking hours now...
Kemper Sex Sessions™

Just a few more YES votes! Lets get out there and get em boys!!!
27 Sep 2021, 12:20 PM

That's some weird attention seeking in a thread that isn't even remotely about you or anything you do.
Pip
27 Sep 2021, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2021, 05:06 AMRosbone

I feel it is my duty to try and help one last time before I disappear. Just need a few more YES votes and I am outta here for good. Already deleted my Twitch account. Still have Coh2 installed to fill the voids in between my Kemper Sex Sessions™.

This is basically all of my waking hours now...
Kemper Sex Sessions™

Just a few more YES votes! Lets get out there and get em boys!!!

I have to be honest, while I do agree that Lelic have made a lot of mistakes with CoH2, and that Matchmaking is a mess, posts like this are genuinely hurting your cause more than helping it.
27 Sep 2021, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2021, 12:36 PMPip
I have to be honest, while I do agree that Lelic have made a lot of mistakes with CoH2, and that Matchmaking is a mess, posts like this are genuinely hurting your cause more than helping it.

The point of the posts is that trying to help the coh community is wasted effort. Both because the community are simps and because Relic doesnt care to help you. So I have moved on. It is a cautionary tale to others who are currently wasting their efforts helping Relic. You will be sadly let down at some point. It happens to everyone who works with Relic.

I am currently looking into having my account removed here if possible.
27 Sep 2021, 18:40 PM

I'd rather afk 20 minutes in matchmaking queue than go through the frustration of the matchmaking and wasting even more hours playing unbalanced and unfun matches because I get matched vs too good enemies or with a bad teammate or bad enemies

Let the player choose if they want a quick match or a balanced one by having to tick a box for it. The current matchmaking is screwing over too many people and sadly relic doesnt seem to care about this. I'm sure that 90% of community want balanced matches instead of quick low quality matches.

Matchmaking has always been an issue if you're not a top 100 player in terms of quality matches. Higher level players have the opportunity to match against someone in their rank by simply restarting the search if they don't get a game within 5 or so minutes. As everyone knows, the longer you search, the more likely you get paired with someone completely out of your skill range.

I feel the pain lower ranking or new players have to go through in matchmaking, especially in 4v4 where it can be difficult to get a good quality game when half the players are chinese trolls or easily rage quit from the match because they blame their teammates or ping 100 times to do something and the teammate doesn't do it so they leave.

They should have implemented a skill set matchmaking range by tiers. Like tier 1 is rank 1-150. Tier 2 is rank 150-600. Tier 3 is rank 600-1000. Tier 4 is rank 1000-2000. Tier 5 is rank 2000-new person.

Unfortunately such a system would require too much work on Relic's part and since most people buy CoH2 for the campaign as everyone knows, multiplayer is not a top priority...

So we just have to

For those that enjoy team games, I would recommend trying to make friends with other people who are around your rank so you can get better games with them as a team, or make a custom. If this is hard for you, then I wish you good luck and godspeed. Just gotta see if you can get a good game. :foreveralone:

Other than that this video was pretty cool to watch. I have some hope Relic will listen a little more to the community now after the mistakes in CoH2 and DoW3 especially...
Just have to be patient. We'll all see the end result soon when CoH3 is eventually released :banana:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★