Login

russian armor

Cover and countering cover

MMX
22 Sep 2021, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2021, 10:32 AMVipper

So you rather have them used as sandbags?

Imo either they have to be used as tank obstacles or remove them form the game.

but wouldn't either option mean they're essentially removed from the game? i mean, who's building tank traps solely to block vehicles anyway?
22 Sep 2021, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2021, 10:47 AMMMX

but wouldn't either option mean they're essentially removed from the game? i mean, who's building tank traps solely to block vehicles anyway?

none because vehicles can easily clear them.
22 Sep 2021, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2021, 10:32 AMVipper

So you rather have them used as sandbags?

Imo either they have to be used as tank obstacles or remove them form the game.

yes I do rather use them as sandbags. It is a unique green cover after all.
22 Sep 2021, 11:41 AM

yes I do rather use them as sandbags. It is a unique green cover after all.

Being "unique" does not really justify their existence, it can simply be replaced by sandbag where needed.

Unless there is balance reason for tank traps to be a better version of sandbags, "unique" does not really cut.
22 Sep 2021, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2021, 11:41 AMVipper

Being "unique" does not really justify their existence, it can simply be replaced by sandbag where needed.

Unless there is balance reason for tank traps to be a better version of sandbags, "unique" does not really cut.

maybe for you it does not, but I'm more then fine with tank traps.
22 Sep 2021, 12:29 PM

The same way OKW gets reinforced barbwire, USF gets unique "sandbag" which not only provide cover but also can potentually deny enemy armor movement.

Also its questinable really if tank traps are better version of sandbags. While it can sustain more punishment and it can deny armor, it also makes your squad model clumped up and be more vunerable to enemy nades. You can always build two of them near each other to remove this disadvantage, but in this case enemy will be able to use them as cover aswell even if they are built very close to the flag. Aswell as unlike sandbags, you can hear them being built in FoW.

So yeah, in other words, I think USF having tank traps is more of a deliberate chose and unique mechanic, rather then un-untentional feature.
22 Sep 2021, 12:38 PM

The same way OKW gets reinforced barbwire, USF gets unique "sandbag" which not only provide cover but also can potentually deny enemy armor movement.

Also its questinable really if tank traps are better version of sandbags. While it can sustain more punishment and it can deny armor, it also makes your squad model clumped up and be more vunerable to enemy nades. You can always build two of them near each other to remove this disadvantage, but in this case enemy will be able to use them as cover aswell even if they are built very close to the flag. Aswell as unlike sandbags, you can hear them being built in FoW.

Yes one has to build two of them but they have end up being a more durable version of green cover and imo that is not what they were designed for.

So yeah, in other words, I think USF having tank traps is more of a deliberate chose and unique mechanic, rather then un-untentional feature.

The issue is not relevant to USF having tank traps or not. Giving them tank traps was deliberate choice and probably had to do that with the fact they had worse vehicle mines and not because USF needed a superior green cover.
MMX
22 Sep 2021, 14:21 PM

maybe for you it does not, but I'm more then fine with tank traps.

same. brings at least some visual variety into company of sandbags :D
22 Sep 2021, 15:19 PM

this. Enemy can always use all sides of a tank trap, while generally edges of a regular sandbag is unusable as a cover.
22 Sep 2021, 17:08 PM

this. Enemy can always use all sides of a tank trap, while generally edges of a regular sandbag is unusable as a cover.

Doesn't hold true for VPs though. For other resource points sure.

22 Sep 2021, 17:18 PM

Doesn't hold true for VPs though. For other resource points sure.

I absolutely positive that's not true, because you can't even use edges if the sandbag is in the open. Same for VPs etc
22 Sep 2021, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2021, 15:36 PMVipper

If one faces a vehicles one builds ATG, if one faces units in cover again build ATG...

Some interesting ideas but if the goal is to make ATG spam less prevalent than IDK if these changes will do much to affect the 2X ATG meta. Nobody really builds ATGs just to kill sandbags its just a byproduct of having one built and available. I don't think the sandbag nerf incentivizes ATGS any more than you would expect. Nor does building ATGs really crowd out mortars with the exception of the ZIS which is a whole other story. I feel like you have sufficient incentive to build mortars now even if they don't shine as much as ATGs in your average game. (if anything to help counter ATG spam ironically enough)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★