Login

russian armor

[Relic][Devblog] US Forces Overview

1 Sep 2021, 09:21 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

1 Sep 2021, 10:53 AM

i post my feedback here too because i want to share it with coh2 org

1. if the Mechanized support center has repairing without micro, in my opinion there should be a risk-reward mechanic for build/not build it or the possibility to destroy it. In coh2 the OKW t3 was often placed in the field to get the vehicles repaired and back to the frontline faster, which also included the risk to get it destroyed more easily. If it's tied to the base sector you cannot destroy it. However I understand the idea of the thematically US-Production advantages etc.

possible solution: Maybe you could get the repairer models killed by rushing the base. if killed, you have to rebuild them with MP. This would encourage aggressive play and base attacks.

2. Similar case with the field medics. I guess the micro tax is that you have to click on the medics on the field if you see one to kill them. i preferred the old system in coh1 with the on-field centres, which had to be placed strategically and could be destroyed.

At least make the field medics a purchasable upgrade to the medical station so you have to make a decision if you want them

3. can recon/strafe/bombing runs be countered with Anti Air?

4. What Dane said about the snipers

1 Sep 2021, 13:11 PM

Dane is right about the snipers. They simply don't work
1 Sep 2021, 13:49 PM

Dane is right about the snipers. They simply don't work

mfw dane plays a very linear, predictable way every single match and is thus hard-countered by snipers(especially since he doesn't build counter-sniper or try to rush them down with LVs)
its not the games fault he is incompetent
1 Sep 2021, 13:49 PM

mfw dane plays a very linear, predictable way every single match and is thus hard-countered by snipers(especially since he doesn't build counter-sniper or try to rush them down with LVs)
its not the games fault he is incompetent

It doesn't matter, unit shouldn't ignore cover mechanic and target size
1 Sep 2021, 14:04 PM

It doesn't matter, unit shouldn't ignore cover mechanic and target size

Good, we will remove snipers and thus inf like Obers will be untouchable by anything that isn't armor.
1 Sep 2021, 14:50 PM

It isn't easy to have an opinion on that preview without knowing what are going to be the other factions.

The Cons are, the sniper and the late game designed to be weaker than their opponent.
Pros are the inclusion of air support into the stock units and the variety of upgrades.

The unknown is about indirect fire, there is just a mortar filling this role. I really hope they're not just creating a artificial gap for their purpose of asymmetrical design.
1 Sep 2021, 16:08 PM
1 Sep 2021, 19:26 PM
Patrion 14

I personally thought Soviet Sniper teams (after sprint nerf) were the peak of sniper design in COH. They functioned more like regular squads in that they could bleed, and had to be more surgical in their use of the actual sniping due to low RoF. They were also less binary (dead = -360mp) and so could be balanced more easily than 360mp single entity units.

Besides snipers though, I am really worried about the chart they showed. The idea of one faction (wehrmacht) getting superior lategame infantry AND better armor AND better support weapons sounds like cancer that will make the US forces even more micro taxed than in COH2. That is not even getting to the whole other can of worms that is the concept of "Muh superior Wehrmacht" getting into the game. The economy advantage will have to be quite big to carry the US by itself lategame, and may very well cause a massive skill ceiling issue between the factions.

There should be moments where each faction has a power spike (IE early rifles for US, then first jaeger/ PGren squads for Wehr, then light vehicles USF, then first tank Wehr), but all factions should be balanced in the lategame, and each should have some advantage lategame.
1 Sep 2021, 19:58 PM

I personally thought Soviet Sniper teams (after sprint nerf) were the peak of sniper design in COH. They functioned more like regular squads in that they could bleed, and had to be more surgical in their use of the actual sniping due to low RoF. They were also less binary (dead = -360mp) and so could be balanced more easily than 360mp single entity units.

i think so too
1 Sep 2021, 20:12 PM

1 Sep 2021, 21:11 PM

So mortar is the only indirect ?

No, it looks like the M3 HT can be upgraded into a Gun Carriage. Hopefully it'll be more useful than the Scott :P
1 Sep 2021, 21:45 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Maybe 105mm Sherman will have a barrage ability? Might fire an arcing shell like Stug E... but otherwise, no. Looks like "indirect" will be air strikes :p

No, it looks like the M3 HT can be upgraded into a Gun Carriage. Hopefully it'll be more useful than the Scott :P

I'm 99% sure this is an anti-tank gun but I could be wrong. I don't remember what it was like in the closed pre-alpha
1 Sep 2021, 22:20 PM

how many indirect were there in coh1?
2 Sep 2021, 06:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

CoH1 indirect guns:

Usa: mortar
Wehr: mortar, stuka zu fuzz, nebelwerfer
PE: mortar HT, hotchkiss stuka
Brits: mortar emplacement, arty emplacement.

It worked from the design pov, people didnt complain even if wehr had the most indirect fire.

Edit:

Snipers..wether you like them or not, are still viable and part of the franchise. Rewarding or frustrating depending on which side of the stick you are on, in the end it all comes down to the players skill level. I just hope every faction gets a sniper, as I saw brits didnt have one in the alpha and that has me concerned. I feel COH1 and COH2 messed up with the sniper not being an option for every faction. Why wouldn't you give every faction the same tools? I don't want to counter the sniper with gimmick units, please..
2 Sep 2021, 19:39 PM

I'm 99% sure this is an anti-tank gun but I could be wrong. I don't remember what it was like in the closed pre-alpha

No, you are right. The post said "motor" gun carriage and I read it as mortar. Depending on how the air off maps work it might be okay and a fun riff on Allied Air superiority that will please the historical accuracy die hards.
2 Sep 2021, 21:13 PM

whermacht will have(prolly low re-inf cost) 6 man merge-able squads this time. Sniper wont be as lethal as coh2 or coh1 (4 man grens)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS