Login

russian armor

M42 AT gun

25 Aug 2021, 10:06 AM

Why? M-42 has pretty good performance now.

There are no technology restrictions, can be put in immediately, and the cost-effectiveness is excellent, and the veterancy reqiurement is low.
25 Aug 2021, 10:41 AM

Its just that its a liability now for a large part of the game. As people get one lv per game, getting it for the single lv while the zis does the same job and scales much better only hurts yourself.

Its ai round as it is now is pointless. This if done right lets it scale into the late game.
25 Aug 2021, 12:40 PM

M42 was nerfed cause it was completly broken... and you guys basically want to revert that? Why?
AI is bad ye but still a million times better than every other AT gun except Zis... like whats the point of that argument?

Its rate of fire is very good, has camo and a little bit AI; what exactly do you want from a 240mp AT gun? Why do you want to change a viable unit thats not utterly broken?

I dont care if its useless in teamgames, not every unit has to be viable in every game mode as long as it has a place in one of them. Otherwise i want massive ISU, Ele, pak43, Lefh, B4 and 17 pounder buffs for 1v1
25 Aug 2021, 15:11 PM

I feel with 5 more range, for I believe 40 range total, would allow a shot or 2 to soften up the enemy while soviet inf moved in. Axis has lots of long range inf so having AI range of 35 means they are getting hurt before doing anything meaningful.
25 Aug 2021, 16:41 PM

The difference with the panic puma is that the puma is a mobile at unit. Changing it to 0 cp wouldn't change anything

It's the same concept though. 0 CP means that you have a cheap instant build AT gun can that can zone out things like 221, 250 Flame Pio, rushed flamer HT, etc. that have a window of impact in slower games that don't hit 2CP fast. It would be a pretty big buff that eliminates a lot of risk from T1 builds.

25 Aug 2021, 19:14 PM

M42 was nerfed cause it was completly broken... and you guys basically want to revert that? Why?
AI is bad ye but still a million times better than every other AT gun except Zis... like whats the point of that argument?

Its rate of fire is very good, has camo and a little bit AI; what exactly do you want from a 240mp AT gun? Why do you want to change a viable unit thats not utterly broken?

I dont care if its useless in teamgames, not every unit has to be viable in every game mode as long as it has a place in one of them. Otherwise i want massive ISU, Ele, pak43, Lefh, B4 and 17 pounder buffs for 1v1

I dont remember if the he rounds had 60 range in its hay day, but 35 range is way to short for a team weapon. I can fire a single shot and it most likely has to retreat or be wiped, having it advance with inf has no use because of its 35 range it almost has to be infront of the inf its supporting.

Mg's have 45 range. The m 42 he rounds should have simaler range or just below that so they cant frontaly beat a mg so easely. But at least it outranges infantry like this.

No at gun falls short as hard as the m42 in the late mid and late game. It does nothing to panthers vet 2 p4 okw p4. With its ai round usable at 40 to 45 range it at keast has some use later in the game. Put its price at 280 or 290 if need be.
25 Aug 2021, 19:36 PM

Put its price at 280 or 290 if need be.

maybe not

Seeing as not even the 240mp value is even remotely worth the investment. It should cost 200 manpower, but then wehrmacht players will still find a way to complain about how they cant beat someone who bought like 4 of these
25 Aug 2021, 21:30 PM

It was pretty broken... Watching them roll around shotgunning mgs and whatever else was in front of them was a sight to behold
26 Aug 2021, 09:37 AM

LV are hardly a threat in teagamas, I don't think even in 2v2"baby AT" is worth building. It is purely 1v1 transitional team weapon to fend off a 222 or flak HT/luchs.
Cheap, 60 range, moving camo + canister shot at 35 range. If you add up that penal builds may become much more common next patch, because of sandbag nerf, buffing these may push it into meta.
Just imagine playing as OST and knowing that your 222 with proper timing might do jack, so you give up that power spike and just stall for P4, while trying to survive t70 harras.
26 Aug 2021, 10:02 AM

m42 is fine, if anything its a bit overshadowed by how ridicolous the zis gun is
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★