Login

russian armor

Mechanized assault Cancer

23 Aug 2021, 18:25 PM

I just played 3 games in a row against this commander. Did someone recently use this strategy.

Most recent game, player doubles up on MG and Assault Grens rushes my Cutoff and attempts to wait out for PGREN call in. As the opponent you push them to stop the strat which helps them by building up their CP. Also due to not having to build T1 or tech they are able to keep pressure up until car comes in.

In the first games it was same player and they did build T1 for Gren snare, but again did not tech up save fuel for car. He did not attempt to cap map at all, parked his MG in front of cutoff was able to build reinforce bunker next to it and I had to completely loop around to get him. He didn't really play well either as I stole a MG from him but once the came it took to much to kill it which he promptly replaced again. At that point I said fuck it and GG.

In the end, the main issue is the ability to get PGREN without tech. Since they can save the Fuel and MP from tech and building it puts massive pressure on opponent to outplay them.

Assault grens themselves don't seem to be to big of an issue but combine with techless Pgren it is extremely oppresive. My suggestion would be to remove Pgren from car call in or require BP1 before car can be called in.
23 Aug 2021, 18:41 PM

I just played 3 games in a row against this commander. Did someone recently use this strategy.

Most recent game, player doubles up on MG and Assault Grens rushes my Cutoff and attempts to wait out for PGREN call in. As the opponent you push them to stop the strat which helps them by building up their CP. Also due to not having to build T1 or tech they are able to keep pressure up until car comes in.

In the first games it was same player and they did build T1 for Gren snare, but again did not tech up save fuel for car. He did not attempt to cap map at all, parked his MG in front of cutoff was able to build reinforce bunker next to it and I had to completely loop around to get him. He didn't really play well either as I stole a MG from him but once the came it took to much to kill it which he promptly replaced again. At that point I said fuck it and GG.

In the end, the main issue is the ability to get PGREN without tech. Since they can save the Fuel and MP from tech and building it puts massive pressure on opponent to outplay them.

Assault grens themselves don't seem to be to big of an issue but combine with techless Pgren it is extremely oppresive. My suggestion would be to remove Pgren from car call in or require BP1 before car can be called in.

Rank?

Game Mode?

Map?

Faction?

Replay?
23 Aug 2021, 18:44 PM

Rank?

Game Mode?

Map?

Faction?

Replay?

I posted 1 in the replay.

My rank before going on the losing streak was low 400 dropped to 600 I think.
1v1
Langreska was the worst abuse due to the Mid VP giving so much territory to place bunker if needed.
I played Soviet but in general USF would have the same problem.
23 Aug 2021, 22:51 PM

+1

Panzergrenadiers should be built from tier 2 like they used to, not a single reason for that buff existed but the insightful dev team did it anyway
23 Aug 2021, 23:54 PM

RANT!!
24 Aug 2021, 00:29 AM

RANT!!

No shit. Thanks for giving your irreplaceable and insightful thoughts on the subject.

The problem is simple do you believe Pgren should be available before going BP1 or not?
24 Aug 2021, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2021, 22:51 PMKatukov
+1

Panzergrenadiers should be built from tier 2 like they used to, not a single reason for that buff existed but the insightful dev team did it anyway

That's not even what this is about.
24 Aug 2021, 06:44 AM

Have you tried a single vehicle? 1 UC/vickers, or M3 scout car should do the trick.

Since your opponent doesn't have a snare and shrecks on Pgrens are expensive.

24 Aug 2021, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2021, 22:51 PMKatukov
+1

Here are two reason:
"Panzergrenadiers

Panzergrenadiers are having their timing changed to allow them to gain veterancy sooner and increase diversity in Wehrmacht unit compositions before further changes are made to their performance."
24 Aug 2021, 08:54 AM

Firstly - welcome to the alternative opener for the OST - 2x pios/assgrens and 2xMG42 into pgrens.

The main shtick of that opener is to rush enemy cutoff, while protecting your own. However, there is no mobility or flexibility to that build - until you get those PGrens out, you are a sitting duck.

Smoke MGs, flank them, use ultra-lights, abuse that long set-up time of MG42s. Use garrisons or just cap up the rest of the map - you got aroung 4 minutes of pure turtleing from your opponent.

Prepare for that shock of PGrens, mitigate it with your own MGs or baseline infantry in superiour numbers.
24 Aug 2021, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2021, 08:43 AMVipper

Here are two reason:
"Panzergrenadiers

Panzergrenadiers are having their timing changed to allow them to gain veterancy sooner and increase diversity in Wehrmacht unit compositions before further changes are made to their performance."

You can rush for pzgren in the first 3-5 minutes of the match, and there is no allied infantry at that stage with enough veterancy to fight back against them unless you blob lmfao.
24 Aug 2021, 09:10 AM

You can rush for pzgren in the first 3-5 minutes of the match, and there is no allied infantry at that stage with enough veterancy to fight back against them unless you blob lmfao.

And before the change PG come so late that there was little reason to build them.

The problem started when powerful allied infantry become available earlier, resulting PG to become too weak at their old timing (obers too).

I personally would delay the pace, the mod team choose to increase by making PG available earlier.

Point here is that there were reason to make PG/Ober available earlier unlike what was claimed.
24 Aug 2021, 11:17 AM

Firstly - welcome to the alternative opener for the OST - 2x pios/assgrens and 2xMG42 into pgrens.

The main shtick of that opener is to rush enemy cutoff, while protecting your own. However, there is no mobility or flexibility to that build - until you get those PGrens out, you are a sitting duck.

Smoke MGs, flank them, use ultra-lights, abuse that long set-up time of MG42s. Use garrisons or just cap up the rest of the map - you got aroung 4 minutes of pure turtleing from your opponent.

Prepare for that shock of PGrens, mitigate it with your own MGs or baseline infantry in superiour numbers.

Everyone here is missing the point. I have played and dealt with that opening. That is not the problem.

SPECIFIC to this commander you can get PGrens without having to go BATTLEPHASE 1, it is either a mistake or was overlooked. So you will not have superior numbers due to their lack of tech investment. That creates extreme pressure on your economy to keep up. You will not have anything like you said to push it back.
24 Aug 2021, 11:22 AM

Have you tried a single vehicle? 1 UC/vickers, or M3 scout car should do the trick.

Since your opponent doesn't have a snare and shrecks on Pgrens are expensive.

I am a SOVIET T1 player, thats what I do, in one of the games I was wiping his units. However due to no T1 building or Tech for BP1 he was able to replace and rush out the PG/clown car.

ONCE AGAIN, this specific commander allows the player to bypass BP1 to get PG, which means they have no tech delays so early pressure is unreal.
24 Aug 2021, 11:28 AM

so i actually decided to watch your replay because you provided one. heres my feedback

dont use your first engi to fight --> cap with it

dont get scour car first --> get penal, cap 1 point

go for muni first fr faster flamer

use your units in conjunction--> you fought a lot with single units in bad positioned

you capped with scout car when it was loaded -> at this point you should have attacked the mg s

you had 70 muni and you still didnt get the scout car flamer. instead you threw a satchel -> thats not cost efficient

firtst cap muni, so you can get flamer earlier

you had no map control and no heal, but you decided to get t3--> this forced your to be idle a lot because you hadt got enough fuel

get t3 after medics.

at penals were good. but why 2 sqads? this cost you ant inf power, but he had only inf

you let your mg too far behind when you regained map control. use it to cover front munis/fuels

to sum up: you chose bad confrontations. you often let single units fight vs multiple units, sometimes even you didnt use cover

i suggest following build order: engie, penal, scout car penal
cap muni first, get 1 flamer, avoid confrontation at this time, when you have flamer car and 2 penals, attack his mg with all of that, leave other engy behind to cap and maye lay mines

get only 1 at penal -> he had only 1 vehicle, stall it and use cover

your heal was way too late, get it before t3

get muni point firstm when you lose muni point try to get it back immediately

good attacks on cutoff
24 Aug 2021, 11:34 AM

so i actually decided to watch your replay because you provided one. heres my feedback

dont use your first engi to fight --> cap with it

dont get scour car first --> get penal, cap 1 point

go for muni first fr faster flamer

use your units in conjunction--> you fought a lot with single units in bad positioned

you capped with scout car when it was loaded -> at this point you should have attacked the mg s

you had 70 muni and you still didnt get the scout car flamer. instead you threw a satchel -> thats not cost efficient

firtst cap muni, so you can get flamer earlier

you had no map control and no heal, but you decided to get t3--> this forced your to be idle a lot because you hadt got enough fuel

get t3 after medics.

at penals were good. but why 2 sqads? this cost you ant inf power, but he had only inf

you let your mg too far behind when you regained map control. use it to cover front munis/fuels

to sum up: you chose bad confrontations. you often let single units fight vs multiple units, sometimes even you didnt use cover

i suggest following build order: engie, penal, scout car penal
cap muni first, get 1 flamer, avoid confrontation at this time, when you have flamer car and 2 penals, attack his mg with all of that, leave other engy behind to cap and maye lay mines

get only 1 at penal -> he had only 1 vehicle, stall it and use cover

your heal was way too late, get it before t3

get muni point firstm when you lose muni point try to get it back immediately

good attacks on cutoff

Thanks, I posted the wrong one since the first game was against a different player who was better at it caused the rant. Didn't save it. It wasn't my best game due to being pissed off. I usually get the car out first against OKW to minimize bleed.

However did you notice what I was talking about, when I rewatched he was able to call in his PG/clowncar with no tech investment.
24 Aug 2021, 11:44 AM

Thanks, I posted the wrong one since the first game was against a different player who was better at it caused the rant. Didn't save it. It wasn't my best game due to being pissed off. I usually get the car out first against OKW to minimize bleed.

However did you notice what I was talking about, when I rewatched he was able to call in his PG/clowncar with no tech investment.

yes, but that car is very very bad. you can gun it down with your penals. its only good when you rush it in, but for that situation you have your penal AT satchel.

that car delays the OST tech way too much. when you stall it and defend your 1 fuel it has no impact and you get t70 while he has nothing
24 Aug 2021, 11:45 AM

I am a SOVIET T1 player, thats what I do, in one of the games I was wiping his units. However due to no T1 building or Tech for BP1 he was able to replace and rush out the PG/clown car.

ONCE AGAIN, this specific commander allows the player to bypass BP1 to get PG, which means they have no tech delays so early pressure is unreal.

Well, that is the point of the commander.
Also, he does need BP1 to build Pgrens, just not the building (iirc).

This is rather a L2P issue than a balance issue.
24 Aug 2021, 11:52 AM

he means that with that sort of all-in build you don't need a t1 building, because AssGrens and at CP1 cp2 you get a clowncar with early Pgrens.
This is a dumb comment by my part
24 Aug 2021, 11:55 AM

I know that he does not need the building, the point I am making is that this commander allows him to call-in PG without needing BP1. The added benefit of not needing to waste resources on T1 means that the player doesn't need to focus on map control and can rush straight at you. The fighting allows the CP build which then lets the player call in the PG/clowncar which will not have a natural counter at this point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★