Login

russian armor

After 2 hours of gameplays, some pros and cons.

14 Jul 2021, 07:44 AM

Hello, commanders. This is an alpha game so I wont complain much about missing icons, balance nor optimizations. Only design problems and pattern logic.

Let's start with pros

1. The sound-effects of MG, Mortars and guns are more realistic than 2, feels like those in COH1 Blitzkrieg mod, it's more dense. I like it.

2. Micro animations such as Grenade throwing are much MUCH better than 2, which is long and distortful, the animation in 3 is fluid and natural. It also greatly increase the difficulty to dodge it in multiplayer as opponents, as it should be.

3. The reverse and turning of vehicles are better, no more "sudden thrusting".

4. The building system, well It's more of a neutral setting but I like it. Engineers, sappers and Pioneers can now focus on building emplacements, repairing and burning enemies.

Neutral:

1.The Campaign map, well it reminds me of Ruse and Eugen's Steel Division. It REALLY is an upgrade and brings new levels of gameplay in single player walkthrough, I like it but I know lots of people will hate it. But it definately need some fixes.

2.The default gamma is set too high, the game looks too bright and therefore feels somehow cartoonish. Better tune it down in future.

Cons and bugs

1. In campaign maps better add a (small) detect range for all units otherwise they will be decimated by a MG hidden in forests, and cant fight back because they cant detect it. I know it's very likely in Sudden Strike or Blitzkrieg, but it will create much frustrations.

2. Too many buildings to build, one really doesnt need one to deploy units and another to upgrade them. They can be in the very same buildings. At least the upgrade building can be only one, this is not Starcraft.

3. The description above control panel is quite annoying, better move the unit avatar to the left of panel, and only show description when player chooses to put the mouse on the avatar.

4. Better reverse the key-bindings to COH2, this aint moba game we dont need QWER. The original setting are good enough
14 Jul 2021, 07:56 AM

i will try later, but the pros seems really good and relic listen to coh1 and coh2 feedback.

im not sure too many buildings to build is negative. i like base building and coh1 had more than coh2. so its good if relic make it back to coh1
14 Jul 2021, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 07:44 AMHikuran
Cons and bugs

4. Better reverse the key-bindings to COH2, this aint moba game we dont need QWER. The original setting are good enough

Grid Keys should be under Neutral, it's down to user preference. I prefer grid keys over classic keys, so for me it's not a con.
14 Jul 2021, 09:48 AM

Grid Keys should be under Neutral, it's down to user preference. I prefer grid keys over classic keys, so for me it's not a con.

Well, at least allow us to customize them. It's 2021 already
MMX
14 Jul 2021, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 09:48 AMHikuran

agree with mr. someguy on this one. grid keys may not be everyone's cup of tea but as far as i'm concerned they're way better than classic hotkeys.

anyway, afaik it was already said in the dev stream that all hotkeys will be fully customizable, so everyone's gonna be happy
14 Jul 2021, 12:53 PM

i smell impending disaster, singelplayer will be meh, it is the multiplayer that is gonna shine
14 Jul 2021, 13:55 PM
Donator 11

I have a problem that at the end of each 'day' the saving thing goes round forever and doesent move to next day- the workaround is loading from the autosave point (which it has created) which then starts the next day but it makes playing the campaign map really frustrating atm.
14 Jul 2021, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2021, 09:48 AMHikuran

They said you would be able to in the stream yesterday
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak