USF
3x 120 muni Bar upgrade
1x 30 muni sweeper

vs.

Ostheer
60 muni med bunker
3x 60 muni LMG
1x 30 muni sweeper

What are you complaining about? All factions need to pay muni for snares, mines and grenades, what is your point?

I think we got ourselves a schreck spammer + Ostwinds "trust me that strat works!" hero gamer here
5 Jul 2021, 12:17 PM

tl;dr To OP, economise on your munition usage or find yourself empty when you need it most. Lost a fair few very painful games to players because I used a big call in frivolously. Including one against a triple premade that would have had a Zeroing wipe out all three infantry armies at once with their 'last hurrah'.

Talking of a munition heavy commander? Allow me to introduce you to the Commando regiment.

Stop spamming Air Supremacy and commando bombs all over the place :P

Pip
5 Jul 2021, 17:20 PM

A friend of mine has this issue as Ostheer.

For him, at least, it's caused by his insistence on spamming Rifle Grenades, despite my constant pleading not to. He seems to think that firing a rifle grenade at a squad of shock troopers advancing towards him is ever going to be a good trade.

Spoiler: It isnt. He keeps losing squads because he insists that "It's OK it'll only take a sec" and fails to dodge the return grenade/gets cut down by PPSH.

Anyway this is rather a tangent: The point is this; Don't place mines/grenades unless you expect a reasonable return on your investment. Grenadiers MUST receive their LMG42s at the earliest opportunity to be able to function efficiently, barring the use of non-gren strategies, and so you need to be cognizant of your spending. You also, obviously, need your Medical Bunker. This is more important than geeking two conscript models with a Grenade.
5 Jul 2021, 22:48 PM

How much do I want to bet you upgrade all your pgrens with panzershrecks? :^)))))))

Ostheer, in terms of standard playing, has never been muni starved since launched. There may have been a few strats that challenged that over the years. But the main playstyles of Ostheer either required a minimum amount of munitions or had abilities built into the commander that alleviate that starvation (Supply drop zone for CAS, the only super muni starved commander Ostheer really have these days).

If you want to see a faction that's truly muni starved, look at the USF.
6 Jul 2021, 06:33 AM

Don't use grenade every engagement. Problem solved.

also building 3 caches from start is the best way making your ally hate you.
11 Jul 2021, 17:46 PM

Don't use grenade every engagement. Problem solved.

also building 3 caches from start is the best way making your ally hate you.

When you are constantly outnumbered and only munitions help you, it's much more struggle compared to other factions in the game. 50 munitions for teller that will help you or it will be useful is steep cost in the early game, while if you don't put them down the better allied light vehicles just run rampant on you...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★