Login

russian armor

Urban Assault Doc feedback (USA)

19 Jun 2021, 09:53 AM

I was really excited when i found this doctrine after coming back to play the game again after a long time not playing.

the best part of this doctrine for me was the rear echelon rifle launchers. they're a lot of fun and they basically encourage a different queue of builds to start the game. i'll admit i was having enough fun with them to start spamming which didn't work out so well, but was hilarious.

honestly it seemed a bit powerful to be firing grenades like that, but it's just the same as DOW2 cultist grenade launchers in a lot of ways so there's not really much of an issue. it would have been nice if the urban assault kits gave rear echelons some sort of survivability upgrade, in exchange for sensibly reducing the speed they fire grenades, because it's kinda fast right now compared to another grenade ability.

it'd be nice if i could just give the upgrade to rifle squads, but i can really see why that's not a thing considering 5 rear echelons shooting grenades every which way is already actually quite hard to deal with.

the other part of the doctrinal ability urban assault kits just gives riflemen molotov cocktails, which honestly i think is a bit strange and out of place.

cover to cover works really well with this doctrine and it's a fun ability.

the sherman assault kits are great too, esp because of WP shell.

i'm not really sure the calliope actually belongs in this doctrine since there's so much of an infantry focus. it'd maybe be better to give the USA a capture ambient building option instead.

Bug

rear echelon squads told to attack with a right click and weirdly sometimes with attack move will continue walking towards the enemy and will only fire rifle grenades when commanded to stop walking.

suggestions

reduce fire rate of RE grenades a little

increase squad size of rear echelons to 5 when upgraded, since i dont think they do that with vet anymore and these are squads that you've spent 60 mun on each.

remove molotov from riflemen, replace with m1 flamethrower potentially.

replace calliope with some sort of forward base.

make direct firing with G launch grenades with rear echelons without creating a move order

allow REs to blindfire the grenades
19 Jun 2021, 15:40 PM

Rifles used to have a flamethrower... It was bad for balance to say the least. Also I don't think a 5th man with the launcher is a good change. They already get 5 men with vet and even if they vet slower with the launcher they shouldn't really be in a position where an extra man makes a huge difference. They are longer range support, not front line with the upgrade.
19 Jun 2021, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 09:53 AMAvnas

reduce fire rate of RE grenades a little

increase squad size of rear echelons to 5 when upgraded, since i dont think they do that with vet anymore and these are squads that you've spent 60 mun on each.

remove molotov from riflemen, replace with m1 flamethrower potentially.

replace calliope with some sort of forward base.

make direct firing with G launch grenades with rear echelons without creating a move order

allow REs to blindfire the grenades

Pretty sure they still get a 5th man with vet3 so thats rather pointless.

Flamer on mainline infantry has been OP every single time and was rightfully nerfed. Big NO!
Molotovs are a nice to have ability, not great not terrible.

Calliope is THE main feature of this commander for every game mode above 1v1 and even usefull there if you need arty to crack a position. Dunno why you want to remove it. USF has a stock forward base with major and ambu, whats the point of adding a doctrinal base?

Im not sure what you mean with "make them able to direct fire/blindfire"? You can just attack ground...

Pip
19 Jun 2021, 15:58 PM

I'm still of the opinion that the zero-micro, pinpoint-accurate rifle grenades on REs are not a particularly good bit of design. I was a little disappointed that they reverted the change that made them manually activated, at the very least.
19 Jun 2021, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 15:58 PMPip
I'm still of the opinion that the zero-micro, pinpoint-accurate rifle grenades on REs are not a particularly good bit of design. I was a little disappointed that they reverted the change that made them manually activated, at the very least.

Standing at half range to RETs to hardcounter the upgrade is not enough?
19 Jun 2021, 19:54 PM

why would you want to remove the calliope from a usf commander XD

20 Jun 2021, 19:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 15:58 PMPip

Me 2

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2021, 18:35 PMKatitof

Standing at half range to RETs to hardcounter the upgrade is not enough?

That's not the point. If the ability needs buffs after making it manual do so. Some might argue that it is similar to a flamethrower. But it would be more akin to having the flamethrower do little to no dmg and it leaving a 5s duration flame every 15s that needs to be moved around.

2 Jul 2021, 13:41 PM

all Ideas told with serious(maybe) thought and word choice became just a german spy by 'Remove Caliope'
Frankly. Urban Dozer Shermans and Caliope are core of this commander now at least...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★