Login

russian armor

Crossroads 5 VP

23 May 2021, 15:07 PM

So, who actually likes this/the idea of this map? If you are not aware it is Crossroads but with 5x Vp's.

Every game I have seen played on it has been utterly dire and I am not a fan of it, more-so when thrown into a regular 3Vp map tournament...

According to A_E man child its popular with players and viewers but all I saw in chat was people protesting the map being played because one bad engagement and its GG, next to no chance for a comeback when your VP tickers is going down that fast.

If it was added because Xcroads is too 'campy' then remove xroads from the map pool, similar to how we don't see langress, don't simply butcher it. If you like it, why do you like it? What am I missing? Normal Xroads is a great map, X simply turns it into winter, a great map ruined.

23 May 2021, 15:34 PM

“According to AE man child”

Yeah and you’re the grand champion of maturity.
23 May 2021, 15:36 PM

“According to AE man child”

Yeah and you’re the grand champion of maturity.

From you, that's a compliment, now please stay on topic.
23 May 2021, 15:40 PM

I enjoyed it.

Edit: Still needs to adress the left side fuel tho
A_E
23 May 2021, 17:18 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I enjoyed it.

Edit: Still needs to adress the left side fuel tho

Ah so an actual skilful player of merit who was one of the many consulted, maybe Latch is insulted because he would never be considered close to the level where his opinion would be requested.
23 May 2021, 17:22 PM

Its twitch chat, they either complain or shut up and enjoy the show so you obviously dont hear alot of positivity in chat.

The map does not play different in any way except one less strat point on your own fuel side, positioning and flanking routes are all the same so the only thing you notice is
1.a dominating player can close out the game faster
2.counter attacks let you equalize VPs faster

It was a very minor experiment and worth a try, if its tournament viable is up to the tournament players and organizer.
I personally dont mind the map
23 May 2021, 17:34 PM

It is too fast imo.
I think that moving 2 VP super close to the bases would be better. 5 cap should almost never be possible unless
23 May 2021, 17:42 PM

It is too fast imo.
I think that moving 2 VP super close to the bases would be better. 5 cap should almost never be possible unless

So basically make it 3 VPs again... ok then
23 May 2021, 17:47 PM

I want the 5 VP version automatch because:

A. 10 strat points which is far better than 12

B. the bottom left and top right areas in fron of the base become more valuable which leads to less head to head bashing in the centre

C. I hate overly long games, they are incredibly overrated. A long game doesn't make for a good game imo.
23 May 2021, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2021, 17:18 PMA_E
because he would never be considered close to the level where his opinion would be requested.

If only that was actual deterrent to people making balance threads...
23 May 2021, 18:13 PM

Its twitch chat, they either complain or shut up and enjoy the show so you obviously dont hear alot of positivity in chat.

The map does not play different in any way except one less strat point on your own fuel side, positioning and flanking routes are all the same so the only thing you notice is
1.a dominating player can close out the game faster
2.counter attacks let you equalize VPs faster

It was a very minor experiment and worth a try, if its tournament viable is up to the tournament players and organizer.
I personally dont mind the map

I don't agree that it doesn't play any differently, there are 2 more VP's resulting in more reasons to attack certain points. A player that maybe struggling early game but in a 3 vp game can come back, the chances in a 5vp game are diminished incredibly, we saw Noganno throw in the towel twice and both were under 25 mins (one was under 13 min) despite both games previous being over 40 mins.

That's a massive difference and one that gives a huge advantage to certain players/playstyles that no other map gives.
23 May 2021, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2021, 18:13 PMLatch

I don't agree that it doesn't play any differently, there are 2 more VP's resulting in more reasons to attack certain points. A player that maybe struggling early game but in a 3 vp game can come back, the chances in a 5vp game are diminished incredibly, we saw Noganno throw in the towel twice and both were under 25 mins (one was under 13 min) despite both games previous being over 40 mins.

That's a massive difference and one that gives a huge advantage to certain players/playstyles that no other map gives.

After countless practice games on both normal and 5VP crossroads i can assure you that you dont approach the map any different. I didnt watch the grand finals yet but id be suprised if 5VPs made a huge difference. If Noggo loses in 13 min on 5VP crossroads then he would have lost on normal crossroads aswell.

As i said, all it does is cutting down the time available for a comeback once one player is dominating. The area around the added VPs infront of your base always has been important to control your opponents movement and ressource income

If any map should be looked at on its influence on the game it is Bayeux and the insane ost dominance on it
23 May 2021, 21:58 PM

If any map should be looked at on its influence on the game it is Bayeux and the insane ost dominance on it

I think its less ostheer and more the fact that the right spawn is overall way stronger, its easier to hold the right spawns' cutoff and it has an easy approach to left spawns' cutoff. Ostheer always spawning on right side and ostheer always being picked kinda messes with the metric
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 22
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment