Login

russian armor

OKW eating dirt?

23 Apr 2021, 12:53 PM

Is it really fair. That the smine fields on volks is so OP. Still That american riflemen can lay AP mines with commander. And now IS next update can lay mines with commander?? How is it fair that only volks lose the s mines
And the flares. Put on a rarely used 200 fuel unit. Espicially in team games rendered useless. And the british maintain it. It doesnot matter if it forntline. It is for 35 munition. And reveals the backside of the sector. Which is all u need.
23 Apr 2021, 14:57 PM

Okw eat alies for breakfast
is more accurate
23 Apr 2021, 18:58 PM

Because specifically, S-mines are insane for their plant time and cost.
23 Apr 2021, 19:22 PM

Is it really fair. That the smine fields on volks is so OP. Still That american riflemen can lay AP mines with commander. And now IS next update can lay mines with commander?? How is it fair that only volks lose the s mines
And the flares. Put on a rarely used 200 fuel unit. Espicially in team games rendered useless. And the british maintain it. It doesnot matter if it forntline. It is for 35 munition. And reveals the backside of the sector. Which is all u need.

I honestly don't know, not liking the S-mine change at all. Esp on an already massively overworked unit that has access to the regular mine and thus won't lay them outside of most situations.

In any case, the main issues of the S-mines were fixed with the suppression addition a while back. And they have big death signposts.
24 Apr 2021, 07:53 AM

And they have big death signposts.

FYI (just in case you don't know), signposts only shows to the enemy either

1. enemy saw you planting the mines.
2. enemy already triggered one of the mine in minefield.

Otherwise, it's their only for you.
24 Apr 2021, 09:50 AM

let's add here the trash anti-air on the Schwerer Panzer HQ, I swear literally anyone manning that gun than them will be better at the job
24 Apr 2021, 10:37 AM

FYI (just in case you don't know), signposts only shows to the enemy either

1. enemy saw you planting the mines.
2. enemy already triggered one of the mine in minefield.

Otherwise, it's their only for you.

That's not true. The signs always appear to the enemy. Even in the FOW.
Pip
24 Apr 2021, 17:27 PM

That's not true. The signs always appear to the enemy. Even in the FOW.

If only the Germans weren't so considerate. If they just neglected to warn their enemies S-mines would be even more effective. :^)
24 Apr 2021, 18:34 PM

I agree with you, I am not convinced with this changes.
Pip
24 Apr 2021, 20:33 PM

The biggest problem with S-mines is really just the ease and expedience at which you can place them on retreat paths. With the recent suppression changes, their other most effective scenario (Squads blundering into a field when the player isnt watching) has been somewhat neutered.

I assume the ease at which mainlines can cause wipes with retreat-mines was the reason for the change?
24 Apr 2021, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2021, 17:27 PMPip

If only the Germans weren't so considerate. If they just neglected to warn their enemies S-mines would be even more effective. :^)

The military use of mines isn't to kill as much units with it as possible, but to deny a certain area for movement. You want to protect a flank or canalize enemy troop movement in a certain direction where your defences are very strong.
Mines often get planted in a way that you can see them from your side so that you can quickly clear them in case you need to move through the area by yourself. The sod gets raised a bit and the mine gets pushed under the sod in such a way, that a part of it can be still seen from your side.

The biggest problem with mines at our days is that millions of mines got planted randomly, hidden and without records in many situations where you had civil wars, guerilla wars with irregular troops/militias or bad trained miltary troops/officers.
Pip
24 Apr 2021, 22:20 PM

The military use of mines isn't to kill as much units with it as possible, but to deny a certain area for movement. You want to protect a flank or canalize enemy troop movement in a certain direction where your defences are very strong.
Mines often get planted in a way that you can see them from your side so that you can quickly clear them in case you need to move through the area by yourself. The sod gets raised a bit and the mine gets pushed under the sod in such a way, that a part of it can be still seen from your side.

The biggest problem with mines at our days is that millions of mines got planted randomly, hidden and without records in many situations where you had civil wars, guerilla wars with irregular troops/militias or bad trained miltary troops/officers.

I'm aware, but in the context of CoH2: Mines exist to kill (Or at least facilitate killing a vehicle). I'm just jokingly suggesting S-mine fields not have their signs (Which would make them obscenely broken)
25 Apr 2021, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2021, 22:20 PMPip

I'm aware, but in the context of CoH2: Mines exist to kill (Or at least facilitate killing a vehicle). I'm just jokingly suggesting S-mine fields not have their signs (Which would make them obscenely broken)

Jepp :-)

Wheras S-Minefields come pretty close to the function as an area denial tool, since your opponent will see them in most cases and either has to organize some engineers with mineswepers or a tank that triggers them all. So if you put them down at strategic places you can hinder the advance of your opponent and hold that VP for some important time longer for example. Backed up by MG and PAK they can be quite effective.
25 Apr 2021, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2021, 09:50 AMLMAO
let's add here the trash anti-air on the Schwerer Panzer HQ, I swear literally anyone manning that gun than them will be better at the job

Ironically its effectiveness is closer to reality then most of the other AA in the game. A single AA piece was simply not effective against aircraft by itself. You needed large numbers of them to be truly effective similar to a musket.
25 Apr 2021, 23:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2021, 15:43 PMSerrith

Ironically its effectiveness is closer to reality then most of the other AA in the game. A single AA piece was simply not effective against aircraft by itself. You needed large numbers of them to be truly effective similar to a musket.

It's pretty stupid how good the OKW AA half-track is even though its gun was way underpowered.
26 Apr 2021, 05:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2021, 15:43 PMSerrith

The m15AA and OKW Flak 37 would instantly DELETE any low passing aircraft in any real scenario.
26 Apr 2021, 21:40 PM

The m15AA and OKW Flak 37 would instantly DELETE any low passing aircraft in any real scenario.

If they hit the aircraft then sure, but that is a huge if. The issue has less to do with the power of the projectiles and more to do with the accuracy of the weapons against fast moving targets. There's a reason why static AA typically operated in large numbers. The US Navy found that it would take about 1000 5" rounds to shoot down a plane using time fused shells. It took around 250 using VT shells.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★