Login

russian armor

why was maxim nerfed recent patches?

19 Apr 2021, 20:31 PM

It definitely performs worse than before. It cant surpress reliably and its setting up time is now as bad as the german MG.
Pip
19 Apr 2021, 20:38 PM

If you're going to try to troll please try making more of an effort.
19 Apr 2021, 20:38 PM

I think that's just the breaks of having 6 men MG squad that can reinforce via merge. I think all MG's should be strong but it has to pay for the advantages it is given.

I kind of like the idea of the DHSKA being a 4 man squad with great suppression vs the Maxims "just throw bodies at it" so both play styles have an MG they'd want.
19 Apr 2021, 22:08 PM

I think that's just the breaks of having 6 men MG squad that can reinforce via merge. I think all MG's should be strong but it has to pay for the advantages it is given.

I kind of like the idea of the DHSKA being a 4 man squad with great suppression vs the Maxims "just throw bodies at it" so both play styles have an MG they'd want.

Crew sizes are an inherent advantage of the Soviet faction. You've probably noticed you get 6 man crews if you recrew another faction's weapon. If you're willing to put in the manpower you could even gain 6-man Shock Troop MG 42's that can watch their own asses.
Pip
19 Apr 2021, 22:24 PM

Crew sizes are an inherent advantage of the Soviet faction. You've probably noticed you get 6 man crews if you recrew another faction's weapon. If you're willing to put in the manpower you could even gain 6-man Shock Troop MG 42's that can watch their own asses.

Correct, and they're rather too strong. Though you pay an extra premium on population on captured crew weapons, and you can't /build/ the MG42, you have to capture them.

I do think that these weapons shouldn't be balanced around their crew sizes though, if it's a factional trait. Soviet crew weapons should have the same crew size as other factions, or the number of crewmen should be tied to the weapon, not the faction crewing it. Either of these options would leave room for the Maxim to be buffed, and reduce the problems that soviet crews cause.
19 Apr 2021, 23:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 22:24 PMPip
Correct, and they're rather too strong. Though you pay an extra premium on population on captured crew weapons, and you can't /build/ the MG42, you have to capture them.

I do think that these weapons shouldn't be balanced around their crew sizes though, if it's a factional trait. Soviet crew weapons should have the same crew size as other factions, or the number of crewmen should be tied to the weapon, not the faction crewing it. Either of these options would leave room for the Maxim to be buffed, and reduce the problems that soviet crews cause.

I would have to disagree, we should avoid continuing to strip factions of their uniqueness in the name of "standardization", not to mention this would constitute a faction-wide nerf to every Soviet crew weapon which is simply not necessary.

Additionally, Ostheer and OKW have good DPS options for dealing with Soviet weapon crews, LMG Grenadiers can pick off models from further away and Sturmpioneers or Panzergrenadiers can shred them with a flank. Before anyone mentions the Western allies, USF and UKF have powerful mainline infantry to back up their crew weapons.
20 Apr 2021, 01:49 AM

I would have to disagree, we should avoid continuing to strip factions of their uniqueness in the name of "standardization", not to mention this would constitute a faction-wide nerf to every Soviet crew weapon which is simply not necessary.

Additionally, Ostheer and OKW have good DPS options for dealing with Soviet weapon crews, LMG Grenadiers can pick off models from further away and Sturmpioneers or Panzergrenadiers can shred them with a flank. Before anyone mentions the Western allies, USF and UKF have powerful mainline infantry to back up their crew weapons.

At the very least they should get the Pathfinder treatment, its unfair that some unit crews get nerfed but others don't.
20 Apr 2021, 03:01 AM

had to mute Rapter.

@everyone else, Maxim needs more surpression and faster set up time otherwise its just inferior to the axis mg for same MP cost
20 Apr 2021, 05:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2021, 03:01 AMChukiki
had to mute Rapter.

@everyone else, Maxim needs more surpression and faster set up time otherwise its just inferior to the axis mg for same MP cost

yeah maxim needs buff so we go back to the days of maxim spam
20 Apr 2021, 07:35 AM

20 Apr 2021, 07:37 AM

u cant make a unit worse than another while remaining the same price
20 Apr 2021, 09:28 AM

It is in a pretty good place with the timed ability out of the gate and a decent arc.
20 Apr 2021, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 22:24 PMPip

I feel that crewed weapons should have value regardless of their crew. One may be advantaged recrewing a weapon with soviet, but one shouldn't be disadvantaged capturing a soviet weapon.
This is true for all but the maxim (although frankly the maxim isn't TERRIBLE now that they made sustained fire not require vet)

The real issue in the maxim lies with the death loop now but that's unfixable unfortunately- however this makes it rough when you don't have those 2 extra models to try and get that gun home.
If it were up to me I'd try something outside the box like extended range and a price increase to try and lift the pressure and reduce the chance of getting death looped. It already wins MG duels anyways due to suppression modifiers so that's fine but it would also allow it to support cons a bit better. All that however is more or less unnecessary in the current form.
21 Apr 2021, 06:54 AM

i cant connect what ur saying with anything.
21 Apr 2021, 15:40 PM

It has literally been progressively buffed in almost every recent major patch. It has comically high group suppression to the point that 2 squads on opposite sides of its arc can be suppressed when you focus on one for long enough, and the sustained fire ability compensates for the lackluster vet 0 capabilities, and turns it into an absolute beast when the maxim gains veterancy. Its on you for not fully utilizing its strengths, and accounting for its weaknesses. If you want to look at a machine gun thats kinda sad rn, look at the 50 cal, which has the same deathloop problems, but with a smaller squad. Otherwise, all machine guns are in a pretty good spot when accounting for the various strengths and weaknesses the various factions have.
21 Apr 2021, 15:55 PM

It has literally been progressively buffed in almost every recent major patch. It has comically high group suppression to the point that 2 squads on opposite sides of its arc can be suppressed when you focus on one for long enough, and the sustained fire ability compensates for the lackluster vet 0 capabilities, and turns it into an absolute beast when the maxim gains veterancy. Its on you for not fully utilizing its strengths, and accounting for its weaknesses. If you want to look at a machine gun thats kinda sad rn, look at the 50 cal, which has the same deathloop problems, but with a smaller squad. Otherwise, all machine guns are in a pretty good spot when accounting for the various strengths and weaknesses the various factions have.

Man, one cannot be wronger than u.
I used both axis and soviet mgs extensively and the axis mg is vastly superior in getting kills, its not even a comparison.
Trying to make maxim sound good makes u honestly look like a fool
21 Apr 2021, 19:02 PM

So you just mute/ignore whoever you don't like / not agree wtih you? then post it on Twitter or your blog.

May I remind you it is a forum, a place for discussion.

Indeed the MG42 is hell a lot better at killing because the incen round, it is easier to be killed than Maxim.
21 Apr 2021, 20:51 PM

didnt understand a word, also muted
21 Apr 2021, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 20:51 PMChukiki
didnt understand a word, also muted

Can you tell me how to put people on an imaginary mute list?
21 Apr 2021, 21:03 PM

I feel like we're stuck in a thread from like several years ago. Making complaints about stuff that was changed several times already in the last couple patches.
Anyway Maxim is fine. It's got a 6 man crew and is functional enough as the MG for the Soviets. If you really want a strong MG pick one of the commanders with a DSHK.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★