Login

russian armor

okw is trash

19 Apr 2021, 21:26 PM

If you play brits, it's just unfortunate that their MG doesn't do what you want it to which is suppress reliably. They would love to sit in cover and slowly box you in a cover match. It just so happens that With that logic and that OKW can get away with blobbing at you. One mistake and your vickers will probably die, your tommies get zerged and you get shut out. Then re-assaulting a position stacked with sandbags will be a nightmare.

In team games its just infinitely easier to blob against allies then it is to counter it. Due to the fact allies "shouldn't" have good MGS due to their good infantry. So you end up having to match their infantry numbers with yours.....which turns into a blob fight. In teamgames specifically if a player gets suppressed they can hit fallback and not bleed, yet 100 times banging their head against a wall they may get lucky and that's all they need. USF least gets a good MG with the LT, but then that limits the creativity of their build potential because you are always forced to go LT.

In one v one you can just go somewhere else or force him to spread out rather then blob via taking and harassing points on the map. A singular entity moving blob doesn't help him at all as long as you keep spotting and scouting it. I will admit that no matter what game mode, if brits get shut out early game they probably won't come back due to a plethora of reasons.
20 Apr 2021, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2021, 15:59 PMZyllen

This is the same for the m20 or m5 ,properly used lv are indeed dangerous.

Doubly so for the Flak HT.

as the ostheer i can stop the bleed by using mortars and the mg42. if you need a tank for that then that is a problem

Yes, and the problem lies with Volks, not OKW's support weapons. By the way, I don't know if I was being clear, but I didn't literally mean manpower bleed (Volks and OKW in general bleed very little MP), I meant losing engagements and subsequently map control.

so you are claiming that the 10 mp cheaper mg34 is better than the mg42 that does double the damage and gains more vet because he does double the damage?

Ah yes, veterancy is important on MGs because they are very likely to survive. When you are on the backfoot I would rather have an MG that is cheaper and also isn't as punishing to lose if the other player captures it.

Medium vs medium tank in 1vs1 is rarely fatal . it depends on the support the medium tanks get. and i find the ostheer support in the form of pg´s with skres better then the raketten. The most glaring issue with the okw tank selection is that they have no AI tanks and brumbar to break an AT line

I'm no Ost player but I thought PGs with shrecks are a meme. The PIV J lets you be more aggressive against T34s, Cromwells, and M4s. That amounts to a lot. Very true that OKW's tank selection doesn't have many AI options, that's one of the faction's weaknesses. It can't really break a support line since LeIGs are bad and the Stuka/KT are inflexible. But on the other hand the armor game is so much easier for OKW because it is harder to be swarmed by mediums or fenced out by 60 range TDs because of the JPIV.

Might I also mention OKW has more flexible mines?
20 Apr 2021, 15:07 PM

If you play brits, it's just unfortunate that their MG doesn't do what you want it to which is suppress reliably. They would love to sit in cover and slowly box you in a cover match. It just so happens that With that logic and that OKW can get away with blobbing at you. One mistake and your vickers will probably die, your tommies get zerged and you get shut out. Then re-assaulting a position stacked with sandbags will be a nightmare.

In team games its just infinitely easier to blob against allies then it is to counter it. Due to the fact allies "shouldn't" have good MGS due to their good infantry. So you end up having to match their infantry numbers with yours.....which turns into a blob fight.

ah yes there is nothing more i would ask of this game except to make my mg actually supress units,it suppresses in second volley so any 2 squads ca take it out no flanking needed which is just stupid.
it`s exactly like this,they know the mg does nothing so just make 2 squads and go which makes me build more inf when i shouldn`t and it turns into a blob fight.
20 Apr 2021, 16:16 PM

As far as suppression goes the Vickers is unreliable, which would be ok if it was a six man squad like the Maxim but the fact that its 4 man, dies super easy and doesn't do its job well is really hurting the British. It is great at killing models but not so great at the one job you need it for.

Personally I would like to see the Vickers benefit from Bolster Infantry and some minor improvements to the Universal Carrier such as being able to capture territory like the Kubelwagon (even if it means making it more expensive) as British struggle a bit with map control early on compared to other factions.

I feel like these 2 changes would give the faction just enough that it needs to move from trash tier to acceptable.
20 Apr 2021, 16:58 PM

Lol OKW is still one of the strongest teamgame factions, if not the strongest. You buff them for 1v1, team games will become unplayable
20 Apr 2021, 20:43 PM

ok after a few test games the only solution i could find is to actually not build mg and try to supress only with brencarrier,if i can keep it alive it would give me enough supression to control the map,only downside is its very micro intensive and i gotta tech up to aec as fast as possible cuz hes gonna come for the bren fast with 221,haftrack or luchs,that means i gotta give up one squad in order to get the tech up,i find it works best with mobile assault cuz i can get a flaming royal engineers to compensate for an inf sec and provide repairs to bren,plus all the fighting it does gives me enough xp to put the matress in a relevant time frame in case of stalling bloobs.
20 Apr 2021, 23:32 PM

As far as suppression goes the Vickers is unreliable, which would be ok if it was a six man squad like the Maxim but the fact that its 4 man, dies super easy and doesn't do its job well is really hurting the British. It is great at killing models but not so great at the one job you need it for.

Personally I would like to see the Vickers benefit from Bolster Infantry and some minor improvements to the Universal Carrier such as being able to capture territory like the Kubelwagon (even if it means making it more expensive) as British struggle a bit with map control early on compared to other factions.

I feel like these 2 changes would give the faction just enough that it needs to move from trash tier to acceptable.

Agree
20 Apr 2021, 23:36 PM

Some of the other comments have revolved around how OKW is fine because their support weapons suck or aren't as good. I don't agree for two reasons- first and most importantly, they don't HAVE to be great. Like many have noted, they just need to be good enough to support the blob until late game. Second, they definitely are under-rated. MG34 does well against infantry, the way you would expect an MG to, and raks do reasonably well against armour. The Blob (TM) is the thing. It is just endless and unless the player makes some major mistakes, OKW will continue to dominate team games for this reason. They just snowball until it's impossible. Sure, you might get lucky with an arty strike, or a dive on their med truck, but overall you eventually get steamrolled. Hands-down the most frustrating BS faction to play against.
21 Apr 2021, 01:16 AM

snip

CN already explained why OKW blobs. They blob because they have to. On the other hand, though, they're not being punished that hard by the Vickers for blobbing.
21 Apr 2021, 01:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 01:16 AMSpoof

CN already explained why OKW blobs. They blob because they have to. On the other hand, though, they're not being punished that hard by the Vickers for blobbing.

well no, but there's no MG in the game that will stop a blob of OKW proportions. Such is the might of their blob.
21 Apr 2021, 02:00 AM

well no, but there's no MG in the game that will stop a blob of OKW proportions. Such is the might of their blob.

A captured MG34 and MG42 can. A .50 cal should be able to provided their weak crew models don't get melted first (I think with the recent nerf to mobility the crew should be more survivable). The Maxim unironically can stop a braindead blob but if the player even attempts to flank it won't work. Volks blobs honestly aren't that difficult to stop, the only thing that really is MG proof are double Obers, but double Obers are extremely rare in 1v1 anyway.
21 Apr 2021, 02:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 02:00 AMSpoof

A captured MG34 and MG42 can. A .50 cal should be able to provided their weak crew models don't get melted first (I think with the recent nerf to mobility the crew should be more survivable). The Maxim unironically can stop a braindead blob but if the player even attempts to flank it won't work. Volks blobs honestly aren't that difficult to stop, the only thing that really is MG proof are double Obers, but double Obers are extremely rare in 1v1 anyway.

Well, I disagree, having played games where I try to control blobs with captured MGs of all kinds, and it still doesn't work. The MG doesn't really capture everyone in the blob, which leaves one or two squads able to flank. Or the MG crew just eats bullets and dies.

Anyway, I doubt anything will be done, but I know that when I get too frustrated, I just play axis instead
21 Apr 2021, 04:11 AM

Well, I disagree, having played games where I try to control blobs with captured MGs of all kinds, and it still doesn't work. The MG doesn't really capture everyone in the blob, which leaves one or two squads able to flank. Or the MG crew just eats bullets and dies.

Anyway, I doubt anything will be done, but I know that when I get too frustrated, I just play axis instead

I don't know, I play OKW all the time and even though I don't usually blob I would never expect it to work anyway. If OKW could just easily blob like you say why don't top level players just blob all the time?
Pip
21 Apr 2021, 13:16 PM

Wait, are you trying to use a single MG unsupported to fight 3+ enemy units (That arent occupying the same square meter of space) simultaneously?

If the opponent tries to flank, you could win the same engagement with three Combat Engineers vs an MG42, this doesn't sound unique to OKW.
21 Apr 2021, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 04:11 AMSpoof

I don't know, I play OKW all the time and even though I don't usually blob I would never expect it to work anyway. If OKW could just easily blob like you say why don't top level players just blob all the time?

They actually do, radio silence blobs are pretty common and a actual problem
21 Apr 2021, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 13:16 PMPip

Wait, are you trying to use a single MG unsupported to fight 3+ enemy units (That arent occupying the same square meter of space) simultaneously?

If the opponent tries to flank, you could win the same engagement with three Combat Engineers vs an MG42, this doesn't sound unique to OKW.

I know, I agree. An MG can't control a mob like that. I wasn't really trying to argue specifically about the MG anyway, just that an OKW mob can take on most things and win. In my last game, there was a mob of SPs with shreks, infantry with G43s and SMGs. Even with upgunned tommies and a cromwell, all I could manage was to push them away which resulted in me bleeding out worse than him, and him returning with now-vetted mob.
21 Apr 2021, 14:54 PM

Anyway, I kind of thought the whole idea behind OKW was an elite but resource starved faction. Not sure how they can mount a force like that and still lay claim to that concept.
21 Apr 2021, 15:06 PM

They actually do, radio silence blobs are pretty common and a actual problem

Isn't this just because of the radio silence sprint boost though? Won't the radio silence nerf fix this?
21 Apr 2021, 15:25 PM

Anyway, I kind of thought the whole idea behind OKW was an elite but resource starved faction. Not sure how they can mount a force like that and still lay claim to that concept.

That concept has been thrown out of the window years ago. OKW right now is the faction with best front line units but no flexibility and their options are very limited in certain situations.
21 Apr 2021, 16:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2021, 15:25 PMZyllen

That concept has been thrown out of the window years ago. OKW right now is the faction with best front line units but no flexibility and their options are very limited in certain situations.

Fair enough, but I'd argue that the best front-line units are inherently flexible, and basically create their own options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★