Login

russian armor

kv8 underperforms

5 Apr 2021, 17:12 PM

It is not an all trick pony, but it is great anti infantry tank. What we actually have that has similar price and role?
Sturmpanzer? I'd prefer k-8. Don't need to baby sit it, has more health, more armor.
105mm Sherman? meh. Same with Sturmpanzer, but the discrepancy is even more obvious in favor of KV-8.

There is cheaper alternative like Flame Hetzer, but it is considerably harder to keep alive.

It is good, but clearly not versatile, so a lot of players prefer KV-1 over it. Actually I'm curious if it receives more attention after repair speed nerf on KV-1.
5 Apr 2021, 17:14 PM

I do notice the difference, and if the difference was "insignificant" they wouldnt have lowered it to that amount.
I think the 10 armour equal to about 1-2% less chance to pen ?
And the hp is being changed this patch to 1040 so 80 more hp which is 1 more hit which is fair considering it does not have A flame thrower
6 Apr 2021, 04:52 AM

the kv1 is better at killing mobile infantry. I see no reason to take the kv8 over the kv1 when the kv1 does the job better
6 Apr 2021, 06:00 AM

So, 960 hp and a turret is not enough, with the bonus ability to fend off light vehicles?
Lemme introduce the flampanzer hetzer. ;)

Jokes aside, it is usually an enemy tank, typically panthers that kill my kv8s, not infantry. The latter, if pays attention, runs away once the kv8 starts firing.
6 Apr 2021, 06:22 AM

So, 960 hp and a turret is not enough, with the bonus ability to fend off light vehicles?
Lemme introduce the flampanzer hetzer. ;)

Jokes aside, it is usually an enemy tank, typically panthers that kill my kv8s, not infantry. The latter, if pays attention, runs away once the kv8 starts firing.

Kv8 45mm gun has anomaly high close penetration it can fight more "light vehicles" at close range.
8 Apr 2021, 08:06 AM

Kv8 performs OK against team weapons thats it.
It is very bad against blobs or sole squads, becausae it targets single models instead of the whole squad. The area damge is too small, so it takes a very long time till several models die, and that is especially when the squad is moving. 1 panzerschreck can almost kill a kv8 if it keeps moving/dodging.
8 Apr 2021, 08:47 AM

KV-8 is OK, but Brumbar overperform hard (to much speed for his armour and gun).
8 Apr 2021, 09:09 AM

ur muted.
All people get muted/ignored by me that dont come with real arguments or talk nonesense.
8 Apr 2021, 09:13 AM

ur muted.
All people get muted/ignored by me that dont come with real arguments or talk nonesense.

We are affraid of your avatar. o_O ;) :)
8 Apr 2021, 09:33 AM

ur muted.

No u
8 Apr 2021, 09:33 AM

1 panzerschreck can almost kill a kv8 if it keeps moving/dodging.

Chukiki proceeds to mute himself. xD
8 Apr 2021, 09:44 AM

Kv8 performs OK against team weapons thats it.
It is very bad against blobs or sole squads, becausae it targets single models instead of the whole squad. The area damge is too small, so it takes a very long time till several models die, and that is especially when the squad is moving. 1 panzerschreck can almost kill a kv8 if it keeps moving/dodging.

You cannot have all mighty tanks, that counter all infantry and game will happen only tanks vs tanks battles.
If you combined KV8 with AT infantry, result is adequate.
8 Apr 2021, 11:09 AM

My only issue with the KV-8 is maybe the cost but otherwise its does what its intended to do. It just maybe comes at bit late at times.
10 Apr 2021, 18:22 PM

the thing about kv8 is like yea its decent in 1v1s but when u play in team games u you try to shoot a unit and he starts moving making dps drop hard. and your trying to get some kills but this thing is only dont damage and units always end up retreating asap so u dont get kills just hurting units.

and on top of thats its not like the units health is dropping rapidly cuz it dont drop that fast so all that time in a team game just trying to do some damage is hurting u in the long run cuz you chase into shreks and atgun chunking at your health and it had no smokes to get out saftley or no defense ability to make it survive longer. so in the end yes i think kv8 underperforms a bit. needs some more shooting range and speed or more dps
10 Apr 2021, 20:34 PM

the thing about kv8 is like yea its decent in 1v1s but when u play in team games u you try to shoot a unit and he starts moving making dps drop hard. and your trying to get some kills but this thing is only dont damage and units always end up retreating asap so u dont get kills just hurting units.

and on top of thats its not like the units health is dropping rapidly cuz it dont drop that fast so all that time in a team game just trying to do some damage is hurting u in the long run cuz you chase into shreks and atgun chunking at your health and it had no smokes to get out saftley or no defense ability to make it survive longer. so in the end yes i think kv8 underperforms a bit. needs some more shooting range and speed or more dps

exactly.
It performs OK against team weapons bc they dont move. But 1 Shrek is arleady enoujgjh it can almost kill a kv8 if it keeps moving sidewards after every shot.
KV8 needs to have same defensive stats as kv1. Plus its fire attack needs to have area damage so even if it dioesnt hit exactly the model it still damages the models.
10 Apr 2021, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2021, 20:34 PMChukiki

exactly.
It performs OK against team weapons bc they dont move. But 1 Shrek is arleady enoujgjh it can almost kill a kv8 if it keeps moving sidewards after every shot.
KV8 needs to have same defensive stats as kv1. Plus its fire attack needs to have area damage so even if it dioesnt hit exactly the model it still damages the models.

Playercard pls
11 Apr 2021, 00:49 AM

If you want to start a yes-man thread go start a channel in discord.

Don't see many kv8s or hetzers. Not even many crocs with brits. Anything flamey is just too risky I guess.
11 Apr 2021, 03:03 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS