Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Soviet Feedback

PAGES (40)down
11 May 2021, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2021, 15:13 PMhumf

I just did. Paks are able to survive, as are all AT guns, walking across the whole patch of fire whether it lands directly on them or if you make them move through it. This is with about 80% success rate.

If the Pak is entirely stationary (ie: no attempt to dodge) survivability drops massively but is still possible but much more dependant on RNG of where strikes land.

That seems pretty reasonable to me. Not sure how you could consider that OP.

now test again without friendly fire.

The ability might or might not kill a crew but they are left with so little health that they die during an attack.
11 May 2021, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2021, 16:09 PMVipper

now test again without friendly fire.

The ability might or might not kill a crew but they are left with so little health that they die during an attack.

I did.
12 May 2021, 09:21 AM

Maybe T34/85 default RAM ability should replace by other?130Fuel Tank to RAM……too Fxxk
12 May 2021, 12:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

(not sure if it fits the scope of this patch, but the T34/85 is doctrinal so its secure mode technically is as well).
The secure mode ability for both stock T34 and doctrinal T34 should be buffed by improving either capture rate, decapture rate or both, depending on what the ability should be aimed at.

The capture ability works on the T70 since it provides recon as well.
The T34s are just too expensive to let them stand around on a point for ages and be vulnerable at the same time.
12 May 2021, 13:32 PM

I think it would be nice if t34-85 had some sort of projectile AP shell like Pershing has with pen around 260, 160~200 dmg ~30 muni. Fits unit very well, since it has 85mm cannon.
12 May 2021, 14:10 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it would be nice if t34-85 had some sort of projectile AP shell like Pershing has with pen around 260, 160~200 dmg ~30 muni. Fits unit very well, since it has 85mm cannon.

The T34/85 is already a very efficient tank. The 5th shot is probably the biggest step up possible since you survive two double ATG volleys even if you are super unlucky and all shots hit.
The T34/85 can already fight with similarly priced other mediums and has decent AI. If it got any buff it would also need its price increased.
The better gun is currently reflected in a straight improvement of penetration compared to the normal T34.
12 May 2021, 14:32 PM

(not sure if it fits the scope of this patch, but the T34/85 is doctrinal so its secure mode technically is as well).
The secure mode ability for both stock T34 and doctrinal T34 should be buffed by improving either capture rate, decapture rate or both, depending on what the ability should be aimed at.

The capture ability works on the T70 since it provides recon as well.
The T34s are just too expensive to let them stand around on a point for ages and be vulnerable at the same time.

To be fair on Commanders with crew repairs it's actually not that much of a waste to repair while capping territory.
12 May 2021, 14:34 PM

But t34/85 is the best Medium in the game(IMO though), i don't really think it needs anything. + you have mark vehicle in GMCT. That would make to 216~270 damage at 260 pen that would be nuts for a non td tank.
12 May 2021, 14:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

To be fair on Commanders with crew repairs it's actually not that much of a waste to repair while capping territory.

While you're right, this fact alone is a good demonstration of the extend of conditions you have to meet to make secure mode worthwhile.
13 May 2021, 05:28 AM

While you're right, this fact alone is a good demonstration of the extend of conditions you have to meet to make secure mode worthwhile.

Well, Even though I get your point, I still don't mind having this ability on t34/85's and would be pretty sad to loose it if I'm being completely honest honest. T34's ability to cap can be used to stall capping until infantry arrives or be an extra capper if your on pinch.
13 May 2021, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, Even though I get your point, I still don't mind having this ability on t34/85's and would be pretty sad to loose it if I'm being completely honest honest. T34's ability to cap can be used to stall capping until infantry arrives or be an extra capper if your on pinch.

That's why I said I would like to buff it instead of removing it.
The opportunity cost is higher when using a tank, so the reward should be higher too
13 May 2021, 09:16 AM

Assault Guards cost maybe should about 320MP?
13 May 2021, 11:21 AM

The opportunity cost is higher when using a tank, so the reward should be higher too

Well here is my low level players 2 cents, the situation where you'd normally use it are where you cant/aren't able to really use your tanks for anything else. And if your doing it to put capping pressure on your opponent at late game than it would be quite op if it gets buffed. And if your using it when you don't have enough infantry to cap(considering the speed getting buffed) then you would just be negating the capping advantage your opponent got on you which really wouldn't be fair to the opponent.
13 May 2021, 16:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well here is my low level players 2 cents, the situation where you'd normally use it are where you cant/aren't able to really use your tanks for anything else. And if your doing it to put capping pressure on your opponent at late game than it would be quite op if it gets buffed. And if your using it when you don't have enough infantry to cap(considering the speed getting buffed) then you would just be negating the capping advantage your opponent got on you which really wouldn't be fair to the opponent.

Every other medium gets something useful at vet1 except for the T34s. How is that fair towards Soviets/the T34?
I don't want it to replace infantry capping, but the current iteration is utterly useless. Even when buffed it will not be worth using on the direct frontline since you won't risk your tank to start the fight at an disadvantage.

That being said, I think the secure mode will unfortunately not be part of the current patch due to it being shared on the normal T34
13 May 2021, 17:12 PM

Every other medium gets something useful at vet1 except for the T34s. How is that fair towards Soviets/the T34?
I don't want it to replace infantry capping, but the current iteration is utterly useless. Even when buffed it will not be worth using on the direct frontline since you won't risk your tank to start the fight at an disadvantage.

That being said, I think the secure mode will unfortunately not be part of the current patch due to it being shared on the normal T34

I wouldn't call it useless it's more like it situational.

T34-76 is cheap. It cost less than Ostwinds, Command p4 and even Centaur. And it can already fight these thing. The fact it gets situational utility isn't necessarily unfair to Soviets.

T34-85 is simply the best medium in the game. It's got HP, Armor(less than p4 but still), Pen, AI performance, Mobility with cost efficiency to boot. + all the commanders this tank is available on are good. I can't see giving them a good vet 1 ability(I'm guessing combat orientated one that you think are usefull) be anything other than making it Borderline OP.
13 May 2021, 17:54 PM

The problem is that both the 76 and the 85 are already good and great respectively. If you can come up with a replacement vet 1 ability that is useful but doesn't buff their combat capacity we're all ears, because we couldn't think of anything.
13 May 2021, 18:10 PM

The problem is that both the 76 and the 85 are already good and great respectively. If you can come up with a replacement vet 1 ability that is useful but doesn't buff their combat capacity we're all ears, because we couldn't think of anything.

And that is why you are so diligently ignoring this topic, despite having been talking about it for many years. And even more so, my tongue did not turn to call the T-34-76 good, this is the worst medium tank of the game.
13 May 2021, 18:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wouldn't call it useless it's more like it situational.

T34-76 is cheap. It cost less than Ostwinds, Command p4 and even Centaur. And it can already fight these thing. The fact it gets situational utility isn't necessarily unfair to Soviets.

T34-85 is simply the best medium in the game. It's got HP, Armor(less than p4 but still), Pen, AI performance, Mobility with cost efficiency to boot. + all the commanders this tank is available on are good. I can't see giving them a good vet 1 ability(I'm guessing combat orientated one that you think are usefull) be anything other than making it Borderline OP.

As you said, you can mostly use it with a doctrinal repair ability. If you use engineers to repair in a capping point, you don't need secure mode. Technically you could use it to optimize and maybe cap a couple of seconds earlier, but that is usually not worth the micro.
I personally have not used it in a long time (which is also due to not enough skill in micro) and I think I can remember it being used in tourney casts, but not really more than once in all casts.
The situations in which it really gives you a benefit are very, very rare to the point that I'd really call the ability useless.

I assume you mean cost efficiency? I agree that especially the T34/85 is a very good tank, but that's why I think that the idea of secure mode is quite good. I'd personally go for a quicker decap rate (and normal cap rate) coupled with a delay to getting the gun back. This would at least allow for some cut off play with the risk of being found "pants down" if the opponent realizes.
Improve the ability to make it useful, then increase the risk to have a trade off. If balanced right, it should reward proper judgement of the game while punishing misjudgment.
13 May 2021, 18:29 PM

And that is why you are so diligently ignoring this topic, despite having been talking about it for many years. And even more so, my tongue did not turn to call the T-34-76 good, this is the worst medium tank of the game.

But the T-34 is STUPID cost effective. For 90 fuel you get an AI slaughter machine with some of the best MGs period. Its only problem is craptastic pen, all other Allied mediums get penned consistently. T-34/76s showed up consistently in the Pro scene. The T-34/85 consistently slaps OST P4s and stands up to OKW P4s with even better AI then the /76.

Its no good in big team, but no mediums are. The issue is the T-70 does the same job (markedly worse), but shows up way earlier. Its 70 fuel vs 90. Ram is quite good used as a last ditch with its new infinite pen. VERY gnarly.

A good Vet 1 would be a faster decap speed for the current capture ability. Crank that up so it can pop cutoffs in a reasonable amount of time. Don't juice cap speed.
13 May 2021, 18:35 PM

If you think the T-34/76 is bad you're using it wrong. You have to think of it like a big T-70 and use it as a wipe machine. It absolutely obliterates Infantry very quickly, it's cheap as hell meaning you can crank them out insanely fast, and if you are about to lose it you press the "Trade for the enemy tank" button then swarm it's rear with your cheaper armor advantage + At Guns or just Offmap it if applicable.
PAGES (40)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS