Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Ostheer Feedback

PAGES (49)down
7 Apr 2021, 03:54 AM

Please remove the Elefant being able to have the spotting scope, a heavy tank destroyer like that shouldn't be able to spot for itself, especially when many things that were used against it in the past have been removed or nerfed. You should have to use another unit to spot for it.
7 Apr 2021, 04:27 AM

Jaeger Armor needs to lose the AT strafe. That was a horrible decision, the commander is still just as powerful as it was before, just slightly different

Commander is still going to dominate the meta for a while if nothing is changed. If this patch is trying shift the meta, fixing Jaeger Armor needs to be a priority. Cause it wasn't fixed by any definition

Let's say that you remove at AT strafe from jaeger Armor then what would you replace it with?

I also think that replacing Stuka bomb strike with this AT strafe is still too good because I can AT strafe Katchusa / enemies tank that step on reige mine.

I'm a 2vs2 Ostheer player so Jaeger Armor before patch has always been my to go doctrine. After the patch I now put Storm Doctrine inside my lineup in case enemy going for B4 doctrine but still 80% I will still goes for Jaeger armor simply this doctrine is just too good in combination with OKW Luffwafe doctrine.
7 Apr 2021, 04:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 11:37 AMVipper

I am not sure why the mod team is spending so much resources on the G43 (with no satisfactory result).

This one of those abilities that has to be purchased(or grinded for). So this probs Relic being gready and putting pressure on the balance team so they can make more mula out of the micro trasnaction.
7 Apr 2021, 07:17 AM

Please remove the Elefant being able to have the spotting scope, a heavy tank destroyer like that shouldn't be able to spot for itself, especially when many things that were used against it in the past have been removed or nerfed. You should have to use another unit to spot for it.

So ISU-152 should also lose tracking?
7 Apr 2021, 07:54 AM

Sure remove su85 self spotting and we fine
7 Apr 2021, 09:08 AM

Wait I thought the asymmetrical design and balance of the game was the draw of it?

If you remove all of these abilities and make the factions similar, isn't it going to kill the point?
7 Apr 2021, 10:39 AM

Yeah remove spotting scope and restore the old elefant who can actually move
7 Apr 2021, 11:16 AM

250/1 Halftrack

The vehicle can be rather oppressive when in hull down

Suggestions:
Remove the suppression (lower fuel cost?)
Reduce the RNG of passenger casualties on destruction but add suppression.

Air Dropped Medical Supplies

Suggestions:

Move to Luft officer replacing reckon sweep(?)
Allow medical kit to loaded to transport
Picking up medical kit with pioneer/grenadier "load" them to vet 1 ability instead of activating them.

Air Resupply Drop

Ability is too expensive

Suggestions:
Replace HMG with mortar (pak with RW?) lower cost/cp adjust mu/fuel

Ambush Camouflage

Suggestions:
add received accuracy modifiers,
allow for pioneer?
Remove sprint from the ability

Assault Grenadiers

Suggestions:

Replace extra entity with MP44 upgrade

Break Supply Line

Suggestions:

Breakthrough Equipment

Suggestions:
Remove destroy cover or add mu cost/CD
Make he ability free or reduce cost of upgrade or also add the 5 member

Cargo Truck - Opel Blitz

Suggestions:
Allow the unit to gain vet depending on how much resources it has gathered

Close The Pocket

Suggestions:

Make easier to set but lower power
Tone down damage lower CP/Cost ability, add bonus vs unit in enemy sectors, ability does not stops one connected.

Defensive Fortifications

Suggestions:

Elefant

Suggestions:

Entrenching Tools

Suggestions:
possibly add 10% construction bonus for Pioneers?

Fragmentation Run

Suggestions:
Lower damage to vehicles, reduce price remove from commander with Super heavies.

JU-87 Anti-Infantry pass

Suggestions:

LeFH 18

Suggestions:

Light Artillery Barrage

Suggestions:

Mechanized Assault Group

Suggestions:
Consider changing passenger to an engineer type unit or a unit more unique unit.

Model 24 stun nade

Suggestions:
Rename "offensive" or "concussion" grenade and redesign to excel vs unit in cover/garrison

Panzer IV Ausf. J

The ability is almost buying a vetted PzIV redesign to bring more to the table

Suggestions:
Increase rear to at least PzIV vet 2 level
Increase XP value
offer superior penetration either reducing AI or with switchable round similar to 76mm Sherman

Railway Artillery

Suggestions:
Reduce cost 180 CP to 10

Recon Overflight

Suggestions:
Possibly create a different ability for Luft commander with a plane that is hard to shoot down

Riegel Mine

Suggestions:
Rename to "anti tank training"
PGs now can plant riegel or Tellar
Paks now can camo when stationary with no first strike bonus

Spotting Scope

Suggestions:
ability redesigned.
add +5-10 sight
allow the unit to use focus sight (lower range) as timed ability

Stormtroopers

Suggestions:
Increased to 5 entities
DPS of MP-40 reduced to be lower than 4 MP-40 currently available
Tactical movement replaced by "diversion"

Stuka Anti-Tank strafe

Suggestions:

Stuka CAS

Suggestions:

Stuka Dive Bomb

Suggestions:
Reduce cost to 180

Stuka Smoke Bombs

Suggestions:

Supply Drop

Suggestions:

Tactical Movement

Suggestions:
add a small received accuracy modifier
add a pack unpack bonus for HMG (?)

Veteran Squad Leaders

Suggestions:
7 Apr 2021, 19:12 PM

Defensive Doctrine needs Howitzer to defend his defense
makes no sense giving him Bunkers and Pak43 when it gets bombarded by arty
7 Apr 2021, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 11:16 AMVipper

250/1 Halftrack
Suggestions:
Remove the suppression (lower fuel cost?)
Reduce the RNG of passenger casualties on destruction but add suppression.

I’ve poked around in the mod tools a bit, it seems the only option for on death actions to embarked squads is a percent death chance. You could lower the passenger casualty change and add AOE friendly suppression and damage on the half track’s death, but that would apply to all nearby friendly squads.
7 Apr 2021, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2021, 04:27 AMKyle

Let's say that you remove at AT strafe from jaeger Armor then what would you replace it with?

The same ability they gave ISU commanders, an Anti-infantry strafe. It's completely insane to me that they thought it was fair to give Jaeger armor the AT strafe. Sure it fits the theme better, but they really shouldn't be prioritizing that over balance

I've still seen Jaeger armor in 90+% of the team games I've played since the last patch. Their change accomplished almost nothing, if anything it made the commander even stronger
7 Apr 2021, 19:39 PM

I’ve poked around in the mod tools a bit, it seems the only option for on death actions to embarked squads is a percent death chance. You could lower the passenger casualty change and add AOE friendly suppression and damage on the half track’s death, but that would apply to all nearby friendly squads.

That would be fine by me. The fact that passenger can surive and continue to attack even when the HT is destroyed is not good design imo. (change should apply to all open top transports.)

Good work on testing.
7 Apr 2021, 19:47 PM

The same ability they gave ISU commanders, an Anti-infantry strafe. It's completely insane to me that they thought it was fair to give Jaeger armor the AT strafe. Sure it fits the theme better, but they really shouldn't be prioritizing that over balance

I've still seen Jaeger armor in 90+% of the team games I've played since the last patch. Their change accomplished almost nothing, if anything it made the commander even stronger

The problem is that rhe current Ost commanders are really bad. You dont really have much options especially un teangames.But that will change with tge commander update If Tigers are finally aatractive again and 2nd or 3rd tier commanders get the recent improvements Jaeger Armir will onky one of several strong commanders. That being said I would not mind if the ele would loose access to the spotting scopes.
7 Apr 2021, 19:49 PM

What would be nice if you ask me for the 250 is if you can just call it in on the field and then you get to decide what you want to do with it.

It could have 2 or 3 upgrades like an MG42 or a Mortar like right now or a 3rd option of some sort.

Maybe they could bring back the old Panzer Elite Vampir 250 where it can cloak in enemy territory, "divert" resources and spawn in goliaths?

Could work to give it a bit more utility in that regard.
7 Apr 2021, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 10:29 AMKyle
Please lower the price point of MOP Flare to 30, make it also the same range and reveal distance of Soviet Mortar flare and we go to good.

Right now 60 is too much, I rather use recon overflight.

i agree. all units with flares should be standardized and cost lowered for those that are wildly above considering the need for a unit to use them and the limited range associated.

recon planes on the units that have them could probably use a looksy as well, considering the array of units that now have them and the balance against a simple off map recon option.
7 Apr 2021, 20:14 PM

The problem is that rhe current Ost commanders are really bad.

Not in team games. They have plenty of strong cmdrs in team games, Jaeger Armor is just that much better than all of them

They have a lot of commanders that are useless in 1v1, that I could agree with
7 Apr 2021, 21:52 PM

Does anyone still use CAS Doctrine for Ostheer? I feel like it could use some changes(unless it is used at high level play that I am unaware of?)
Also Festung Armour Doctrine panzer tactician is currently not working for the P4 Model J which I'm assuming is a bug

So I have thousands of hours played but am of low rank so my opinion on balance is obviously not that important. But in my opinion (take it for what it's worth) everyone is going to go for G43 grenadiers instead of German Infantry Doctrine because VSL grens were nerfed too hard. The change of weaponry to a Sturmgewehr is a nice touch for the squad leader, but I think the nerf to RA is a bit much. And if it is because they have too much utility, maybe give them back the RA bonus but take away their free healing? Just my thoughts on German Infantry Doctrine
8 Apr 2021, 05:56 AM

For mechanized assault, I know the Assault grenadier - 250 clown car has to be avoided, but maybe the half track+pgren combo could have its price slightly reduced but cause you to gain less resources for a couple of minutes?

490MP is a huge amount of mp you need to save up whick leaves you very vulnurable if you go for it

And
Maybe CAS doctrine could get butterfly bombs? they were originally a german invention, and the american ones in game were, in real life, copies of the german buttrfly bombs made by the USA
8 Apr 2021, 06:03 AM

Sure remove su85 self spotting and we fine

Lets give sovjet and 260 armour vehicle stock in return then its 100 peachy.
8 Apr 2021, 06:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2021, 10:29 AMKyle
Please lower the price point of MOP Flare to 30, make it also the same range and reveal distance of Soviet Mortar flare and we go to good.

Right now 60 is too much, I rather use recon overflight.

Indeed. Moreover, half the vision radius is usually wasted because the range is too short. I guess it's supposed to be used over sight blockers but its really underwhelming. I think Soviet Mortar flares are a good standard to start with in terms of the details.
PAGES (49)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS