Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - Ostheer Feedback

PAGES (49)down
12 May 2021, 13:12 PM

What it just means Osttruppen can actually hit things with their lmg42 upgrade. They're compensating for their previous nerfs
13 May 2021, 11:15 AM

Osstruppen:

Currently OT have become Grenadier ver.2 and need a new role.

Suggestion
Replace LMG upgrade with 1/2 PTRS/büchse AT rifle after BP1.

Casemates:
Benefit very little from hull/spotting scopes

Suggestion give casemate the ability to cloak with hulldown and have vision from scopes linger for 1.5 sec when vehicles rotates.

edited
13 May 2021, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2021, 11:15 AMVipper
Osstruppen:

Currently OT have become Grenadier ver.2 and need a new role.

Suggestion
Replace LMG upgrade with 1/2 PTRS/Bush AT rifle after BP1.

Casemates:
Benefit very little from hull/spotting scopes

Suggestion give casemate the ability to cloak with hulldown and have vision from scopes linger for 1.5 sec when vehicles rotates.

Maybe instead of a mainline replacement they be a support/builder type unit like originally intended?

Have a 1 or 2 AT rifle upgrade, which is the Panzerbüchse 39 btw not bush AT lol.

And a utility upgrade that maybe allows them to repair structures only similar to the British as well as build more stuff besides sandbangs and trenches like concrete bunkers, to for example mimic their role as garrison units on the Atlantic Wall and so forth.

Agreed on the hull down, been saying the same thing for a while now but to no avail sadly and this will probably not change either.
13 May 2021, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2021, 11:15 AMVipper
Osstruppen:

edited

what about just changing spotting scopes all together? something like SU85 spotting would be better (debuff as well) OR something like hammer tracking instead. gets around the mess of vision saturation. or make it a toggle with a drawback instead of a purchased passive
13 May 2021, 20:40 PM

what about just changing spotting scopes all together? something like SU85 spotting would be better (debuff as well) OR something like hammer tracking instead. gets around the mess of vision saturation. or make it a toggle with a drawback instead of a purchased passive

I have made many different suggestion but I am have no idea what the mod is thinking.

The current implementation though is not very situational.

Imo many of the recon abilities should become timed.
13 May 2021, 21:16 PM

I just think VSL grens should be given a different ability besides the free medkit upgrade. With the cost reduction of medkits to 10 munitions that is already very cheap, and IMO makes this ability redundant.

And with so many people on this forum saying VSL gren are not very good compared to lmg42 grens or g43s grens any more, I think they could use some other small ability or small buff to actually make the upgrade a viable choice that can at least compete with the standard lmg42 upgrade, which I don't see why the upgrade should even exist in a doctrine if it's not going to be good.

Also it is just a shame to see so many people saying it's not good any more because I really enjoyed the upgrade (the stg for squad lead is a nice touch though and I think is a good change)
19 May 2021, 18:37 PM

Imo Concrete bunker should be look at.

The seem to take too much damage from "light weapons" like molotovs, MGs especially with AP round like 0.5/Dhsk.

I would also would rather have build without the mg/repair and have those available as an upgrade.
20 May 2021, 06:34 AM

I propose the Sturm Command Squad

They come in storm doctrine instead of JCS at 2 cp's at 340 mp

They are essentially 6 man ass grens with 1 exception that they have 1 stromtrooper mp40 and no weapon slots.
They have sprint but no grenade assault instead of that they have smoke.
And just like the JCS they are limited to 1 at a time.
20 May 2021, 16:08 PM

You know, as one that love g43 grens, replacing rifle grenade with a standard grenade is probaly the biggest nerf you can do to the unit.
Pip
20 May 2021, 16:20 PM

You know, as one that love g43 grens, replacing rifle grenade with a standard grenade is probaly the biggest nerf you can do to the unit.

Really? I mean, G43 Grens are generally intended to fight at closer ranges/fight more on-the-move than LMG or VSL Grens, which a "standard" grenade ostensibly helps with, They're much faster to throw/more user-friendly than Rifle Grenades (Due to the RG's minimum range). Why do you consider it a massive nerf?

Incidentally: I had a thought as to what could be provided to some variation of Grenadiers, if an interesting new mechanic may be desired as a balancing mechanism for them; Rifle-grenade borne Incendiary or Blendkorper grenades, sharing a cooldown with, or outright replacing the regular rifle grenade. I'm not sure if they're exactly historically authentic, but there have been quite a few cases of that in the game already.

20 May 2021, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:20 PMPip
Really? I mean, G43 Grens are generally intended to fight at closer ranges/fight more on-the-move than LMG or VSL Grens, which a "standard" grenade ostensibly helps with, They're much faster to throw/more user-friendly than Rifle Grenades (Due to the RG's minimum range). Why do you consider it a massive nerf?

My monkey brain can see orange numbers and react much better/faster than having to parse that the smudge on my screen is about to wipe my squad.
Pip
20 May 2021, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:30 PMJPA32

My monkey brain can see orange numbers and react much better/faster than having to parse that the smudge on my screen is about to wipe my squad.

Generally you need to be watching the Gren squad and observing that one guy is kneeling and trying to fire the grenade, not trying to react to the grenade itself. The tell is Hans trying to tie his boot, not the smudge whistling towards your squad.
20 May 2021, 16:51 PM

About the C. Panzer IV

If the team decided not to fix the main gun at least fix the MGs so that it least has similar MG DPS as the the PzIV
MMX
20 May 2021, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:51 PMVipper
About the C. Panzer IV

If the team decided not to fix the main gun at least fix the MGs so that it least has similar MG DPS as the the PzIV

with the exception of the pintle, aren't they exactly the same?
20 May 2021, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:35 PMPip

Generally you need to be watching the Gren squad and observing that one guy is kneeling and trying to fire the grenade, not trying to react to the grenade itself. The tell is Hans trying to tie his boot, not the smudge whistling towards your squad.

Obviously, but you can't spend the whole game examining Dietrich's boots to see if they're untied yet. It's the moments he catches his lace on a bush while you're not looking that are deadly.
20 May 2021, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:54 PMMMX

with the exception of the pintle, aren't they exactly the same?

And since it does not get a pintle (although an AI tank), it should higher DPS on the two to be closer to 3 available to other version of the tank.
MMX
20 May 2021, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:57 PMVipper

And since it does not get a pintle (although an AI tank), it should higher DPS on the two to be closer to 3 available to other version of the tank.

fair enough, wouldn't hurt probably
Pip
20 May 2021, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2021, 16:56 PMJPA32

Obviously, but you can't spend the whole game examining Dietrich's boots to see if they're untied yet. It's the moments he catches his lace on a bush while you're not looking that are deadly.

Sure, but this isnt much different to looking away, and returning to your squad to see that there's a timer in the middle of them that says "0.5" because you missed the opposing squad throwing their grenade.
20 May 2021, 17:43 PM

About Ostheer officers:

Reduce the reinforcement time that is abnormally high especially for SMG unit that is bound to take loses.
20 May 2021, 22:00 PM

Unpopular opinion but no chance the balance devs could consider giving VSL grens a different ability besides free medkits? Or maybe remove the VSL upgrade for pioneers and improve on VSL grens a little?

I know a lot of you want to see this commander's ability die, but I personally enjoy it quite a bit, I just think the way it worked in previous patches were a bit excessive in its power spike, especially with the g43.

Now that it has been adjusted so it is not like it once was, I think it could use slight compensation in some way. While I do make use out of the free medkits, I feel like this is not only highly situational, but also just not very good because if I'm going to use medkits I will still use them because it only costs 10 munitions now. Not to mention there is already healing from the 251 halftrack and the medical bunker.

I don't know if I completely agree with the survivability nerf, I think the change from a G43 to an STG44 made sense for the squad leader, and at least they have the improved ROF still, but I nonetheless feel like grens are a relatively fragile squad even with 5 men instead of 4.

Correct me if I am wrong (I am open to constructive criticism always) but if the upgrade is no longer going to be a powerful long range dps boost like the lmg42 is, shouldn't VSL at least get some survivability? Maybe not as much as it was previously getting, sure, but I think some wouldn't hurt, especially with the nerf of swapping the G43 to an STG44, which could also be argued that occasionally you will wish to fight with your grens at closer ranges.

As far as I am concerned, and maybe this is a noob play style. But even with the changes to VSL grenadiers you still wish to be fighting with them at long range like usual, just like the lmg42, because bringing them into close range seems like a deathwish for your squad on many occasions
PAGES (49)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS