Login

russian armor

Commander Update Beta 2021 - British Feedback

PAGES (26)down
16 Apr 2021, 06:21 AM

The flamethrower debuff is quite noticable, because cooldown between bursts gets doubled and the main reason you get the tank is scorching infantry not as oversized Cromwell.

I'd still say making the AEC a command vehicle is your best bet, besides some rare situations where AI is not your main priority for the Crocodile, but you mostly want it as meatshield for a pair of Fireflies.

I am not so sure that the flamer damage comes from weapon and not the DOT, in any case it the one of the weapon that get affected by they penalties the least.
16 Apr 2021, 14:50 PM

I would like to see land mattress in at least 1 other doctrine besides Mobile Assault.
16 Apr 2021, 15:47 PM

i will also wish for a mp reduction on the mattress, too, as someone mention above, it is affordable fuel wise but a bit too expensive in mp compare to what it bring to the table.

Being in one more commander will be nice, too, it isnt very good but at least offer something.
16 Apr 2021, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Apr 2021, 06:21 AMVipper

I am not so sure that the flamer damage comes from weapon and not the DOT, in any case it the one of the weapon that get affected by they penalties the least.

Ok, and? It shoots bursts of flame less often = less opportunity to do DOT as well.

Point stands it's better to debuff a cheap AEC than an expensive Croc. Only debuffing the flamethrower sounds good on paper, but in reality it's its main damage dealer against infantry and you end up with a slow command vehicle that already has a limited aura radius anyway, so you can't get as much value out of it.
16 Apr 2021, 18:01 PM

Ok, and? It shoots bursts of flame less often = less opportunity to do DOT as well.

Point stands it's better to debuff a cheap AEC than an expensive Croc. Only debuffing the flamethrower sounds good on paper, but in reality it's its main damage dealer against infantry and you end up with a slow command vehicle that already has a limited aura radius anyway, so you can't get as much value out of it.

AEC might be a better option if one has unlock it and has build one and wants to combine with AT units.

One can also use the durable Croc as a command vehicle (that suffer less from de-buffs than most other units) and have any additional fire power one needs from other units infatry and vehicles.

I simply a different way of using the Command vehicle.
18 Apr 2021, 01:52 AM

brits emplacements are overpriced, especially the forward HQ.

The brits are fine except they are too expensive
18 Apr 2021, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2021, 01:52 AMChukiki
brits emplacements are overpriced, especially the forward HQ.

The brits are fine except they are too expensive

Yeah they're fine, that's why there's all of the attempts to change them.

Especially the mortar pit.
19 Apr 2021, 03:32 AM

Every britiish player that lost his emplacements i have me quits and i dont blame them, they are broke afterwards and need a long recovery time
19 Apr 2021, 20:54 PM

I think advanced emplacements regiment is not a good commander. Mostly because I don’t like emplacements, and because it’s so one dimensional.

The current changes,
I really like how advanced emplacements now gives new abilities, it’s really cool

But, this commander lives and dies by its emplacements, and has nothing else. Also, counter battery is BS and just like how counter battery was removed from LefH and Panzerwerfer, counter battery should be removed from advanced emplacements. And, you already have precision barrage to kill LefH, so why have counter battery.

Basically getting rid of counter battery and giving the commander something not related to empacemts is what I’m hoping for.

Giving it a new infantry squad could be interesting. Something like “field engineers”. They would be sort of like Ostruppen (5man, horrible out of cover, 1 weapon slot) but cheap and decent in cover. They could also lay mines, sandbags, etc.
I like this idea as it fits the theme of the commander while still diversifying it away from just emplacements.

Also, counter battery could potentially be replaced by hold the line. Same theme of a way do defend your emplacements, but not as cheesy as counter battery.
19 Apr 2021, 21:09 PM

Also, counter battery could potentially be replaced by hold the line

That's exactly what already got changed in v0 of the preview.
19 Apr 2021, 21:28 PM

That's exactly what already got changed in v0 of the preview.

Oh I didn’t notice because my mod already replaces counter battery with hold the line, I thought my mod was bugged because there were suddenly 2 hold the lines. XP
19 Apr 2021, 21:46 PM

Defensive operation description is not updated
Improved fortification has "$11204353 No key" as description
19 Apr 2021, 22:01 PM

Doesn't seem like any viability changes. I still think sand bags and trenches baked into the Ro.E base line would not be amiss.
20 Apr 2021, 01:09 AM

Defense operation give Mines and wire to section is finally some mentionable perk, but still no basic yet essential field defense structure like mg bunker and tank trap. After the long wait, seeing it like this disappointed me.

the change to Early warning look like an attempt to make a less chessy version of okw flare but by reducing cost and allow player to target it, you have make it more spamable and still being uncountable. It simply should be replace by another ability.

Change to raid section further prove that mod team still dont have a solid ideal of what they want the unit to be. If the aim is focus on mid range then they need a custom rifle profile. But instead you mixing section Enfield with an officer thompson, making the unit worse on both far and close range and call it mid range oriented. So the thompson will be transferable or not? If not, then we are having sort of usf officer clone but with non synchronized weapons and a 300mp price tags. The price increase also further push the overlap with commando as it push raid section into elite category.
20 Apr 2021, 09:02 AM

Defense operation give Mines and wire to section is finally some mentionable perk, but still no basic yet essential field defense structure like mg bunker and tank trap. After the long wait, seeing it like this disappointed me.

the change to Early warning look like an attempt to make a less chessy version of okw flare but by reducing cost and allow player to target it, you have make it more spamable and still being uncountable. It simply should be replace by another ability.

Change to raid section further prove that mod team still dont have a solid ideal of what they want the unit to be. If the aim is focus on mid range then they need a custom rifle profile. But instead you mixing section Enfield with an officer thompson, making the unit worse on both far and close range and call it mid range oriented. So the thompson will be transferable or not? If not, then we are having sort of usf officer clone but with non synchronized weapons and a 300mp price tags. The price increase also further push the overlap with commando as it push raid section into elite category.

Agreed on the MG bunker and tank traps altho I'm guessing they might not be doing it because of the lack of voice lines or something.

Still I believe there's enough generic voice lines to fill in the gap but whatever I guess they will remain the same as the Ost not having a FRP because "muh asymmetry" even tho it's a doctrinal ability which will not be seen every single game.
20 Apr 2021, 09:25 AM

Agreed on the MG bunker and tank traps altho I'm guessing they might not be doing it because of the lack of voice lines or something.

Still I believe there's enough generic voice lines to fill in the gap but whatever I guess they will remain the same as the Ost not having a FRP because "muh asymmetry" even tho it's a doctrinal ability which will not be seen every single game.

Soviet already got a mg bunker in the beta so i dont see the reason why ukf cant have one. "asymmetric" is a very poor excuse just like saying ukf dont need light infantry cause they have sections and sniper so they they can grip on the lame raid section.

On the other hand, The British mg bunker is the best looking bunker in the game to me. I will delete emplacement from tommy to have that bunker, the 50% built time penalty and sapper being in t1 already make building emplacement by tommy very redundant.
20 Apr 2021, 10:18 AM

IS building
Can the item being build change so that Ro.E and IS can help when building structures similar to Ostheer bunkers?

Time to build mines for IS seem to be the same as Ro.E it should probably be lowered

Reason:
Consistency.

Mortar pit

Was WP ninja nerfed to require hammer/anvil?

WP key has they place of ungarrison troops so it moves when a unit garrison the mortar pit.

uncounterable recon

Since you are fixing the abilities that provide vision with little counter you should also remove or reduce vision from the following abilities:
Assault ( reveal all map)
Mortar cover (reveal a sector)
Flare from Churchill call in (reveal an area anywhere on the map)

Reason:
Consistency.

Salvage Ro.E
Price see a bit high since they have 4 weapons. Suggestion either allow to put away sweeper similar to SP or lower price to 230.

Reason:

Valentine
Remove shared veterancy
lower close Penetration

Reason:
Unit deal enough damage and does need to share veterancy
Unit has a gun that is too good both in AT and AI for cost timing

Raid sections

Replace Thompson with new sten with USF officer stat. Same weapon could be used by assault officer while lowering cost and increasing entities to 5 making it easier to fit in build.

Reason:
Theme

Forward observation post
There is bug giving FA the option to fire smoke.
There is a big fuel difference between using ambient building or FA ambiend building cost should go down.

Commander provides to many different recon planes for no apparent reason:
Command vehicle plane
assault officer plane
FOP plane

Typhoon have icon indicating that they are using global CD for no apparent reason and an description that say it shares CD with other planes abilities when it does not seem to be the case.

FOP should be available earlier lock off map with CP if needed.

What is the point of FOP FA being able to drop medical supplies if it can upgrade with medic?

Command vehicle description indicates that reduces the CD of commander abilities when that does not seem to be the case.
20 Apr 2021, 11:33 AM

Some clarification of Raid IS.

They still cost 280 (price change not implemented)
they now start with 4 Enfield 1 Thompson
have 2 weapon slots
can upgrade with 1 Vickers K that unlocks at T3
Can not build
Have sprint
Have incendiary grenade (can we replace it with incendiary light gammon bomb?)
do not get HE grenade or heavy gammon
20 Apr 2021, 12:52 PM

wait, from which commander are those Raid IS available? Or did I miss something?
20 Apr 2021, 12:54 PM

wait, from which commander are those Raid IS available? Or did I miss something?

Mobile Assault Regiment in the patch it replaces Advanced Cover Combat.
PAGES (26)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS