Login

russian armor

Two Forgotten and bad OST abilities

15 Mar 2021, 15:12 PM

There are 2 OST doctrine abilities that I found too bad at the moment: Light Artilery Barrage and Command P4.

- Light Artilery Barrage : This artilery ability cost too much for what it does (and what it does is literally zero damage). It should cost less, or have an AOE or DMG increase. Or increase it costs and put it in line with some other Brit arty abilities.

- Comm P4: this tank was nerfed too much through the past of the years. Its aura nowadays brings almost nothing to other units. Its main gun miss 9 out of 10 shots. Its armor and HP is similar to the vanilla P4. It should receive something like a range increase, accuracy increase and (maybe) a scout plane loiter ability.
15 Mar 2021, 15:51 PM

LAB is fine the way it is. A cheap and cost effective way to dislocate enemy support weapons. Especially good to use in conjunction with an armor push to scatter enemy ATGs.

Command P4 will be addressed in the upcoming patch.
MMX
15 Mar 2021, 16:34 PM

I'd say the light artillery barrage is kind of weak if used by itself alone. I did some calculations on this a while ago and the chance of killing a clumped squad in the center of the casting circle is only about 8%. on average it drained about 80% of the total HP and killed around 50% of the models - not totally bad but also nothing to write home about either.

But as Sander said already it's dirt cheap and can be used to soften up enemy team weapons during an attack.

The Cmnd.PzIV is actually pretty decent AI-wise thanks to its high rate of fire and low scatter, especially at long range where it's comparable to the PzIV-H. But its biggest shortcoming is that it will barely scratch the paint job of anything heavier than a Stuart - of which there's usually plenty around when the Cmnd.PzIV hits the field.

Maybe it could come a bit earlier or the something could be done to make the aura a bit more interesting/impactful. However, it might be a good idea to split the aura bonus into two parts affecting the whole team and player only, respectively, to avoid overbuffing the tank again in larger game modes.
15 Mar 2021, 16:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't have a real opinion on the light arty barrage since I rarely see it ingame. But assuming it is too weak, we could potentiall add some suppression to it, so that it can be used to start or support an offensive
15 Mar 2021, 16:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the light artillery barrage isn't supposed to be that good, otherwise it would make some doctrines too strong.
15 Mar 2021, 17:35 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I like the light arty barrage. Most of the time, my opponents moves or retreat the team weapon in time, so the cheaper cost is a plus because it did its job of displacing the target to create an opening.
15 Mar 2021, 17:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

LAB is fine.
CPIV is getting reworked

As far as OH abilities goes:

Units arriving in bundle are not generally good so i would just remove the Gren/PG from the 250HT.
MAYBE the Gren version makes a little more sense in the Assault Gren commander.

Relief infantry.

Osstruppen reserves where always "eh" even in Mobile defense meta.

Not sure how shitty is the Stuka flame bomb barrage
16 Mar 2021, 02:27 AM

Command P4 will be addressed in the upcoming patch.

So many people saying command p4 is good/fine in this thread.

Clearly the balance team doesn't agree if it is in the next patch...
16 Mar 2021, 02:27 AM

light arty barrage - add some suppression to it, so that it can be used to start or support an offensive

Amazing idea
16 Mar 2021, 03:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 02:27 AMNaOCl

LOL - there was one person that said it had ok AI, but even they said it should get buffed. Other than that, nobody said it was even okay.
16 Mar 2021, 03:34 AM

The aura bonus is really useful in team games IF your mates make use of it. I play mostly with arranged teams and it's good with coordination

Outside of that I think it's totally useless. It's gun sucks and it the RD aura isnt worth it in 1v1. Looking forward to seeing what the rework is
16 Mar 2021, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 03:13 AMGrumpy

LOL - there was one person that said it had ok AI, but even they said it should get buffed. Other than that, nobody said it was even okay.

Oh, sorry, I should have waited for you to comment that its fine first. ;)
16 Mar 2021, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 03:43 AMNaOCl

He didn't say that either, and that would still not be "so many people"??
16 Mar 2021, 03:54 AM

He didn't say that either, and that would still not be "so many people"??

They didn't say it in this thread.
MMX
16 Mar 2021, 04:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 03:54 AMNaOCl

They didn't say it in this thread.

but you claimed many people would in this particular thread, didn't you?

16 Mar 2021, 04:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 04:04 AMMMX

but you claimed many people would in this particular thread, didn't you?

I'm going to refer to english not my first language for this one. ;) FIFI
MMX
16 Mar 2021, 05:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 04:12 AMNaOCl

I'm going to refer to english not my first language for this one. ;) FIFI

ah well, nvm then... been there before plenty of times as a non-native speaker myself
16 Mar 2021, 05:32 AM

imo cp4 is fine as a unit. but it arrives too late and takes toooo long to vet up.

i hope to see cp4 in german infantry doctrine, i can imagine the plays i can do with cp4 supporting nerf vsl
16 Mar 2021, 05:44 AM

The Command Pz4 is one of the worst designed units in the game. It feels like it was hastily ported over from the Campaign and forgotten.

It's terrible at attacking and supposed to support yet it has the offensive Blitz ability akin to the mainstay Pz4s. Other command-units have various utilities and this one has only a passive aura.

It could easily do with a smoke shell or a flare ability in lieu of Blitz at least.
16 Mar 2021, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2021, 03:43 AMNaOCl

L2read - I never implied it was, you're just acting delusional about bias. Anyone who has used it is underwhelmed by it, especially given its cost.

To the OP, I'd put Relief Infantry on the short list of abilities that need to be changed. It was badly overnerfed, just like the similar Soviet ability.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment