Login

russian armor

Upcoming Comander Update - Wishes

PAGES (15)down
25 Feb 2021, 21:11 PM

Considering how meta these doctrines are in teamgames, Jaeger Armor and the ISU-152 commanders will already be nerfed in the upcoming patch.

Their bombing strikes will be replaced by the JU-87 AT strafe (the single pass) and the IL-2 AI strafe (the single pass) respectively in order to tone down the versatility of these commanders and to create more room for counterplay with heavy indirect fire. The latter will likely also be buffed/fixed a bit in the next patch, given how it works a bit weird atm.

Why not just outright remove Aircraft abilities from that doctrine.
Remove recon, replace it with a flare launched from 251 or something.
remove strafe all together there is nothing Jager Armor about that ability. Replace it with ap round.
25 Feb 2021, 21:16 PM

Ppsh cons hit the dirt could honestly be replaced with something else as it does not really fit in with them. Ppsh vould reduce their recieved accuracy (so they could last in fight better) make ooraah free (way to get cons into ideal engagement distance easier) hell, it could even provide guards nade if nothing else. But it should be thought well as i dont want any 5 man gren or 7 man cons situation where theyd became reason not to take other upgrades.
25 Feb 2021, 22:45 PM

All
Bundle call-in squads ,special commander unit will allow to build in HQ after unlock ability——for example,chose USF Recon company,after 3cp also can build Support Airborne squad in HQ,not must bundle with pak howitzer
All commander light armor will unlock in tech tree,no need CP
For Soviet
Maybe should remove default Soviet 7men cons but replace by PPSH,Commander ability change to Cons and Peanl can upgrade DP,T3 passive buff be reduce Cons Penal and weapon teams reinforcement cost -2 and increase 10%exp?
All AT camouflage be tank hunter camouflage
Rapid Conscription rework
B4 replace some commander ML20
More love for 120mm mortar

For Ost
G43 cost 1 weapon slot,but allow have second upgrade after P2
Commander P4 rework
5men Squad replace by call in Jager 5men squad,remove Jager squad sniper tag
rework relief infantry
Entrenching Tools and Defensive Fortifications and panzer hull down maybe could rework

For OKW
Incendiary Munitions and SP Flamethrowe be one ability
Volks MP40 and Ober IRstg be one ability
Stormtiger remove reload debuff,grenade be default weapon not ability,lock out kingtiger
Field Defenses——to 2cp,have tank trap,wire,bunker and Smine
Flak38 and Ostwind be one ability
Thorough Salvage maybe bundle with other ability
Commander Panther not lock out kingtiger
Commander Tiger aura be passive or free

For USF
Rifle company——Fire Up! merge to Advanced Infantry Equipment,add assault engineer to this commander

For UKF
Advanced Cover Combat,maybe could be passive or squad upgrade
Infiltration Commandos——to about 250MP will fine?
Valentine maybe could be command tank and for more commander?
26 Feb 2021, 00:23 AM

Speaking of, I really would like to see some of the abilities being merged into one. But amount of work probably is too big for balance team, probably.
26 Feb 2021, 02:03 AM

Why not just outright remove Aircraft abilities from that doctrine.
Remove recon, replace it with a flare launched from 251 or something.
remove strafe all together there is nothing Jager Armor about that ability. Replace it with ap round.

There is nothing Jaeger Armor about an AT strafe that kills tanks? lol It's actually a pretty good swap. Great synergy with both Reigal Mine and Recon Run to kill immobilized tanks or repairing tanks spotted by plane. You don't need AP round with Elephant in doctrine that penetrates everything... I do think that Recon Plane is kind of superfluous with spotting scopes in doctrine but Jaeger Armor is already super meta so it's not like it needs more buffs by giving it a better ability than Recon Run. Stuka bomb definitely needs to go so the doctrine isn't anti howitzer.
26 Feb 2021, 02:09 AM

All

For USF
Rifle company——Fire Up! merge to Advanced Infantry Equipment,add assault engineer to this commander

Thematically Calvary Rifles might be a better fit since its Rifle Company. It's also kind of goofy to have both RE Flamers AND Ass Engi flamers in the same commander. There is also significant overlap with Rifles being able to lay mines as well as the engineers. I do agree that it would be nice to have Ass Engis in more than one commander along with the other 1 off Doctrinal units that you mentioned.
26 Feb 2021, 03:42 AM

Thematically Calvary Rifles might be a better fit since its Rifle Company. It's also kind of goofy to have both RE Flamers AND Ass Engi flamers in the same commander. There is also significant overlap with Rifles being able to lay mines as well as the engineers. I do agree that it would be nice to have Ass Engis in more than one commander along with the other 1 off Doctrinal units that you mentioned.

Maybe could replace RE Flamethrower be RE rifle grenade?
Or maybe replace by ranger and try give LMG upgrade?
26 Feb 2021, 04:15 AM

Ostruppen/Rapid Conscription should be reworked. As it is now, it is a very tricky and very situational bulletin to use.

Callopie should be nerfed.

I will agree that OKW 'Radio Silence' needs to be reworked as well. Maybe something similar to the Soviet 'Radio Detection' where it tells you what the enemy is building for units.

Elite armor for OKW should be reworked too. As it is, the scout car is virtually useless. Maybe turn it into a call-in with an IR halftrack as a "Command IR Scout Detachment" or something of that nature.

Wehrmact, with Defensive Doctrine, allow Grens, Panzergrens, and Pioneers to build heavy MG Bunkers and defensive structures. Doctrine has a lot of potential.

All I can think of for now.

I'd like to see Fallschrims have a separate role from Obersoldten, instead of double FG-42's, give them ambush, satchels and sabotage training.

26 Feb 2021, 06:44 AM

There is nothing Jaeger Armor about an AT strafe that kills tanks? lol It's actually a pretty good swap. Great synergy with both Reigal Mine and Recon Run to kill immobilized tanks or repairing tanks spotted by plane. You don't need AP round with Elephant in doctrine that penetrates everything... I do think that Recon Plane is kind of superfluous with spotting scopes in doctrine but Jaeger Armor is already super meta so it's not like it needs more buffs by giving it a better ability than Recon Run. Stuka bomb definitely needs to go so the doctrine isn't anti howitzer.

It's not the at strafe it's the ai strafe they want to replace ot with.
And jaeger armors mean Hunting tank not exactly tank hunter but more like the armor thats jaeger.
I'm saying flairs would have to come from 251 HT. Sure the recon would be better but difficult(slightly) to use. And it fits the theme of a hunting armor better.
26 Feb 2021, 07:39 AM

It's not the at strafe it's the ai strafe they want to replace ot with.

I said JU-87 AT strafe.
26 Feb 2021, 09:11 AM

I'm saying flairs would have to come from 251 HT. Sure the recon would be better but

That reminds me, 251 flares from Strategic Reserves are really bad, the launch range is tiny.
26 Feb 2021, 09:22 AM

I said JU-87 AT strafe.

Really. I could have sworn that I saw AI strafe, i guess I was wrong. But still Jaeger armor mean hunting tank and not tank hunter wouldn't removing these 1 clicks and giving at geared abilities to vehicle units be more in theme.
abilities like vehicle detection for 222 or 251 something. Just consider that.
26 Feb 2021, 09:22 AM

That reminds me, 251 flares from Strategic Reserves are really bad, the launch range is tiny.
Well that's my point.
26 Feb 2021, 14:38 PM

The 221 can oneshot a sniper with a full burst (even easier after the patch drops with manual reload before going in) or at least force it off and it can hold off the M3 (equal to countering its influence) until upgrading to 223 where it can easily kill it.

223 is to expensive to risk diving for a sniper and comes too late.

The 221 has paper armor and is way to expensive for what it does.

As I said it the price/cost/timing/... are bad for the unit. It would far easier to better balance these units without the multiple roles.

221 or 223 could become a dedicated counter to m3/WC/UC/sniper and have its armor increased, cost timing and DPS reduce while having its penetration increased.

Then it work as reckon sniper/micro light counter.

The economic boost could come from a separate vehicles with no Pop and no fuel cost. It could work similar to opel or for a "more aggressive" design it could work with a"siphon" ability able to steal enemy resources.
26 Feb 2021, 15:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Please stay on topic. No endless discussions about suggestions and single units. The aim is to get an easy overview of what the community wants to be changed, not about the exact detailed design of single units.

For these open specific threads.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight