Login

russian armor

Going Meta is Boring

19 Feb 2021, 03:38 AM
Donator 11

Going meta every game is pretty boring. When I think of a player having fun I think of VonIvan using random strategies just for luls.

To spice things up I've been doing:

• Advanced Emplacement or AVRE for UKF
  • Sturmtiger or Defense Doctrine for OKW
  • Partysans for SU
  • Recon, Armored, and Urban Assault for USF
  • Ostheer??? This is hard because everything is good for Ostheer

Anyone have some fun non-meta strats?
19 Feb 2021, 13:42 PM

Going meta every game is pretty boring. When I think of a player having fun I think of VonIvan using random strategies just for luls.

To spice things up I've been doing:

• Advanced Emplacement or AVRE for UKF
  • Sturmtiger or Defense Doctrine for OKW
  • Partysans for SU
  • Recon, Armored, and Urban Assault for USF

the thing is, many people in this game play to win, so winning = fun. And idk what the "fun" part develops into once your (random) teammates start being like "wtf are you doing" and then quit the match, though thats a completely different story in 1v1 of course. Or if you play vs a cocky opponent who starts BMing if he wins.

Btw half of your listed commanders are full-meta.
19 Feb 2021, 13:54 PM

Anyone have some fun non-meta strats?

oh but to respond to this: Luftwaffe supply doctrine is pretty meme except for 1 OP ability, the medic crates.

Encirclement doctrine is also considered a meme if your only goal is to pull off the encirclement ability and nothing else, but it's a decent doctrine if you use ambush training, stormtroopers and breakthrough a lot.

And if OKW defense doctrine is on the list, Ostheer Joint Operations doc is almost the same

19 Feb 2021, 14:32 PM

The non-meta hustle always feels like a very cheap way to back out of a losing situation... "i lost cause i played non-meta and he went full meta sweat mode" ; "what a trash noob, cant even beat my non-meta 5head big brain plays with harcore meta abuse" and "looks like im losing, better start memeing so i dont have to accept that my opponent played better than me"
Dont do that and we both can be happy.

Opel blitz with the pin strafe and speahead are always fun commander for me. Partisans as, you said, is a good one and some valiant assault blobbing is a nice bm strat.
19 Feb 2021, 14:38 PM

You can always watch Tightrope for inspiration. He's always doing wacky non-meta or slightly off meta stuff in his casts.
19 Feb 2021, 14:42 PM

The non-meta hustle always feels like a very cheap way to back out of a losing situation... "i lost cause i played non-meta and he went full meta sweat mode" ; "what a trash noob, cant even beat my non-meta 5head big brain plays with harcore meta abuse" and "looks like im losing, better start memeing so i dont have to accept that my opponent played better than me"
Dont do that and we both can be happy.

+1
19 Feb 2021, 16:20 PM

Meta is boring until you dont go meta and get your cheeks clapped because you dont have a certain tool to deal with the enemy.

I blame the game design not the meta for creating a boring atmosphere of units that have no counter unless by commander.
19 Feb 2021, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 16:20 PMRosbone
Meta is boring until you dont go meta and get your cheeks clapped because you dont have a certain tool to deal with the enemy.

I blame the game design not the meta for creating a boring atmosphere of units that have no counter unless by commander.

+1

Rosbone for Game Director
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 11
unknown 3
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L