Login

russian armor

Some penalty for leavers in team games

28 Jan 2021, 17:30 PM

One guy left for petty reason and the rest just follow and its been like this for ages
28 Jan 2021, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

Do it like CSGO, timeout until game is over or 30 mins whichever is longer. Also ban them if done repeatedly.

Unfortunately CS:GO uses server authority networking, not lockstep networking like COH2, so you cannot reconnect. Only way to reconnect in COH2 is if you fast forward through the whole game which is a bad experience
28 Jan 2021, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2021, 17:30 PMLMAO
One guy left for petty reason and the rest just follow and its been like this for ages

Only issue with this is how can you blame the people who leave after the first person? If your opponents are even a little good, playing with a CPU is a waste of time
29 Jan 2021, 11:53 AM

Only issue with this is how can you blame the people who leave after the first person? If your opponents are even a little good, playing with a CPU is a waste of time

I've had the reverse situation where the AI is wayyy more helpful than the player.

As far as the punishment for leaving goes, maybe no loot points regardless if the game is a win or lose or is that something already a thing that I just haven't noticed?

Other than that, perhaps a deduction of current loot points or inability to join another game right after the one you've left.

Only problem is making the difference between an alt F4 rage quit and a busplat and somebody just tearing out their Internet cable order for losing their connection.
29 Jan 2021, 11:56 AM

I've had the reverse situation where the AI is wayyy more helpful than the player.

As far as the punishment for leaving goes, maybe no loot points regardless if the game is a win or lose or is that something already a thing that I just haven't noticed?

Other than that, perhaps a deduction of current loot points or inability to join another game right after the one you've left.

Only problem is making the difference between an alt F4 rage quit and a busplat and somebody just tearing out their Internet cable order for losing their connection.

Hard AI is better than 99% of rank 600+ players. Other than that, hard AI is pretty dumb. If it were replaced with expert, then you could easily play with the AI but since it has resource cheat, no matter how dumb it is, it will never happen.
30 Jan 2021, 00:39 AM

In theory this is an okay idea, the problem is that bugsplats are still such a persistent problem that it would make this game unplayable if you got banned from playing for every crash.
30 Jan 2021, 00:52 AM

I wouldn't mind if afk players are kicked after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. That would save some frustration.

As with leavers, its hard because you might come across a game that your going to loose but your team refuse to surrender.

It works both ways.
30 Jan 2021, 08:23 AM

Also taking not how many non player attributable reason then can be for drop, (bugsplat, dump cache error, straightout crashes) i dont think it entirely fair to add such.
30 Jan 2021, 08:42 AM

Ultimate solution: remove 3v3 and 4v4 from automatch.
30 Jan 2021, 13:01 PM

So you advice to waste my time with people, who builds barbed wire on their own base instead of fighting? How about penalties for them? For blobbers? For 4-digits rank players? Oh well, they punished by their lives anyway Kappa
30 Jan 2021, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2021, 13:01 PMHater
So you advice to waste my time with people, who builds barbed wire on their own base instead of fighting? How about penalties for them? For blobbers? For 4-digits rank players? Oh well, they punished by their lives anyway Kappa

If you are actually concerned about skilled and competitive matches instead of nooby, spammy randomness, why are you playing 4s?

Its like taking a trip into the middle of desert and bitching there isn't much water around.
30 Jan 2021, 16:14 PM

Unpopular opinion: I leave games when team-mates are not going to be civil. If you're going to appoint yourself General, ping the shit out of the map, boss everyone around, then call them names when they don't comply, that's a "see ya" from me. That said, if a team-mate prompts me to do something that I may actually have neglected or forgotten about, that's fine. Just don't be a wiener.
30 Jan 2021, 16:17 PM
Donator 11

Ultimate solution: remove 3v3 and 4v4 from automatch.

More than half of coh2 community mainly play 4v4
30 Jan 2021, 16:20 PM

More than half of coh2 community mainly play 4v4

And from that part, about 10-12 of them, for whatever mad reason, constantly come back to complain about randomness and bad players, complaining a non competitive game mode is not competitive.
30 Jan 2021, 21:40 PM

Unpopular opinion: I leave games when team-mates are not going to be civil. If you're going to appoint yourself General, ping the shit out of the map, boss everyone around, then call them names when they don't comply, that's a "see ya" from me. That said, if a team-mate prompts me to do something that I may actually have neglected or forgotten about, that's fine. Just don't be a wiener.

Sounds like a match with ullumulu
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS