Login

russian armor

Run and Gun

5 Jan 2021, 17:29 PM

Passenger firing from inside moving vehicles get accuracy penalty.

Since there are weapons that are less affected by accuracy how about splinting the DPS drop to accuracy CD and reload making the DPS drop more even across all weapons.
5 Jan 2021, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I assume you mean PTRS?

This would mean a complete rework of many weapon delays.

Otherwise Schrecks for example would suddenly not be touched at all.
5 Jan 2021, 18:24 PM

I assume you mean PTRS?

This would mean a complete rework of many weapon delays.

Otherwise Schrecks for example would suddenly not be touched at all.

I mean flamer, smg,...

The changes has to do with penalties that apply to the passenger (which is mostly accuracy) not the weapon themselves.
5 Jan 2021, 18:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2021, 18:24 PMVipper

I mean flamer, smg,...

The changes has to do with penalties that apply to the passenger (which is mostly accuracy) not the weapon themselves.

Flamers I could see, but I don't think it is worth the effort since we are basically talking about only 3 units (M3, WC51 or how the dodge truck is called, and 250), two of which are doctrinal.

SMGs are already 100% affected since their accuracy never reaches above 1. Where is the benefit of that?
5 Jan 2021, 18:52 PM

Flamers I could see, but I don't think it is worth the effort since we are basically talking about only 3 units (M3, WC51 or how the dodge truck is called, and 250), two of which are doctrinal.

SMGs are already 100% affected since their accuracy never reaches above 1. Where is the benefit of that?

You forgot M3A3 M3 M5.

Smgs are effected by accuracy but they are still more effective than other weapons in drive by due to high fire rate.
5 Jan 2021, 18:56 PM

Fixing what isn't broken doesn't seem like a good use of limited resources being spent on this game.
5 Jan 2021, 19:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2021, 18:52 PMVipper

You forgot M3A3 M3 M5.

Smgs are effected by accuracy but they are still more effective than other weapons in drive by due to high fire rate.

I meantioned M3, and I have never seen any semi-competent player run at me with an M5 at the time where ATGs, Pumas, 222s, Fausts and Mines are readily available. The strats you are referring to are solely 2-5 minute glass cannon builds after which you will lose your unit.

So how does it matter if the DPS gets dropped by an arbitrary amount by accuracy or cooldown, except for maybe a flamer? How for SMGs? It literally does not matter at all.
5 Jan 2021, 21:05 PM

I've got better idea - learn to counter units, M3 and dodge were gutted, any other allied HT is too irrelevant to even factor it in due to how late it comes into the play, the only unnerfed clown car with extremely strong CQC unit shooting from within is 250 with PG.

So Vipper, will you learn to play OR will you suggest axis specific nerfs, because the issue you describe is clearly exclusive to 250+PG combo?
5 Jan 2021, 21:51 PM

Who the fuck uses an M5 as a clown car? That would be horribly wasteful

Don't see how this change is even slightly necessary
6 Jan 2021, 01:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Who the fuck uses an M5 as a clown car? That would be horribly wasteful

Don't see how this change is even slightly necessary

I used a PTRS M5 Half Track to successfully dive an AA Half Track in a patch preview game. It was glorious. Even though M5 died it was a worthwhile trade, so long as the Penals got out. M3 is too squishy but M5 can withstand Flak Halftrack and Panzer II damage for a while that it PTRS M5 cars could become a thing.
6 Jan 2021, 02:11 AM

Bazooka truck =))
btw: what purpose for that ? nerfing all " Mounted inf Car" stat ?
6 Jan 2021, 02:38 AM

I used a PTRS M5 Half Track to successfully dive an AA Half Track in a patch preview game. It was glorious.

Should've specified, i was talking about flamers or just for normal infantry combat. OP specifically said they were referring to flamers/smgs not ptrs
6 Jan 2021, 07:51 AM

The need for this has already been recognized and implemented and certain vehicle has a bigger penalty for passenger.

Imo it would better if all vehicle had the same multiplier but the multiplier included other more variables to reduce the squad wipe capability of certain weapons while keeping the DPS of other weapon to similar levels.
6 Jan 2021, 07:56 AM

I used a PTRS M5 Half Track to successfully dive an AA Half Track in a patch preview game. It was glorious. Even though M5 died it was a worthwhile trade, so long as the Penals got out. M3 is too squishy but M5 can withstand Flak Halftrack and Panzer II damage for a while that it PTRS M5 cars could become a thing.

I could see M5 with 2 penals = 6 PTRS rifles become a thing with the new patch.

Vippers solution doesn't apply for this though. Don't think it's necessary to look at, but 6 PTRS M5 could become a thing yes :)
6 Jan 2021, 07:59 AM

Vippers solution doesn't apply for this though. Don't think it's necessary to look at, but 6 PTRS M5 could become a thing yes :)

I'm quite sure only one squad can fire out of the m5 at a time, they can't share. Would be quite terrifying through.

I'll going to see through.
6 Jan 2021, 08:00 AM

Actually it applies PTRS firing max range at 20 target target has 320% chance to hit and even with 50% penalty it still has 160%...

If one lower CD/Reload than the weapon would actually be less effective when firing from vehicle.
6 Jan 2021, 08:01 AM

I'm quite sure only one squad can fire out of the m5 at a time, they can't share. Would be quite terrifying through.

ooh, didn't even thought of that. How is it that some squads can fire more than 2 zooks from a moving M3? Swear I had seen it somewhere.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 08:00 AMVipper

Actually it applies PTRS firing max range at 20 target target has 320% chance to hit and even with 50% penalty it still has 160%...

If one lower CD/Reload than the weapon would actually be less effective when firing from vehicle.

yea, but how much does it actually affect the game experience?
6 Jan 2021, 08:03 AM

ooh, didn't even thought of that. How is it that some squads can fire more than 2 zooks from a moving M3? Swear I had seen it somewhere.

Vehicles has certain number of "windows" to fire. In they case of PTRS probably all of them will fire at least at range 35 where the other weapons can not fire. (I have not test it)

yea, but how much does it actually affect the game experience?

I am not sure what you mean. The average user is simply not aware of game mechanics only of the result.
6 Jan 2021, 08:03 AM

Now thinking about it, I think its the number of models instead ill check.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
unknown 0
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak