Login

russian armor

The Excessive Amount Of Micro Required For Brummbar

PAGES (7)down
1 Dec 2020, 13:25 PM

You are not contradicting yourself,

Once more Projection,

wanting other ammo based barrages to get higher cooldown, ignoring attached muni cost.

Great lets match zis's barrage cd with brumbars and it will be fine.

And there is zero reason why projectile speed should be increased, its one of the reasons why zis just got its barrage nerfed.

You seem unable to understand COH2 basic, zis projectile speed has nothing to do with the change in zis Reload. Reload speed and projectile speed are different things.

Thanks for adding another post in 16.000+ post with the sole purpose of disagreeing with anything and everything I post and failing miserably to produce any argument or make any sense. The only thing your post prove is your obsessive behavior.
1 Dec 2020, 13:26 PM

Brumbar is actually in a really good spot right now, where it's extremely strong but you stil cant rush it out without too much risk and it's one of the vehicles that makes bp3/t4 desirable instead of sitting on t3 into lategame every match
1 Dec 2020, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 13:26 PMElpern
Brumbar is actually in a really good spot right now, where it's extremely strong but you stil cant rush it out without too much risk and it's one of the vehicles that makes bp3/t4 desirable instead of sitting on t3 into lategame every match

The presupposed changes is not about buffing the unit but making more player friendly. It might even need some AOE nerf after them.
1 Dec 2020, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 13:28 PMVipper

The presupposed changes is not about buffing the unit but making more player friendly. It might even need some AOE nerf after them.

Not going to talk about numbers but how is increasing speed of projectile \ autofire accuracy is not a buff in your book?
1 Dec 2020, 13:46 PM

Not going to talk about numbers but how is increasing speed of projectile \ autofire accuracy is not a buff in your book?

When a unit has less the half the projectile speed other similar units like the dozer have it is not buff change it is consistency change. This probably due to oversight than anything else.

As for auto-fire "accuracy" I did not suggest that it should get one. I said that if projectile speed prove to make the unit OP AOE profile could be reduced.
1 Dec 2020, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 13:46 PMVipper

it is not buff change it is consistency change.

Are they mutually exclusive or something? Why do you avoid word "buff" when it's obviously is a buff since it will improve performance?

1 Dec 2020, 13:55 PM

I think its auto-fire works well against infantry blobs of low-micro players as it should. Blobbing infantry should be punished heavily.

When good opponent players know how to avoid its shells with their micro, the counter is to use predictive attack ground. Micro for micro.

It's fair.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 13:46 PMVipper

When a unit has less the half the projectile speed other similar units like the dozer have it is not buff change it is consistency change. This probably due to oversight than anything else.

As for auto-fire "accuracy" I did not suggest that it should get one. I said that if projectile speed prove to make the unit OP AOE profile could be reduced.

This only punishes skillful players that use "Hold Fire" and micro "Attack Ground" and rewards infantry blobbing in low ranks.
1 Dec 2020, 15:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2020, 23:52 PMKatitof

If he was, there wouldn't be a thread crying to buff one of top 3 strongest and easiest to use AI units in whole game.

Glad your back Kaitof lmao
1 Dec 2020, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 13:28 PMVipper

Which begs the question... why? It is in a really good spot right now, increasing projectile speed is a clear buff and the brumbar is already very strong, you keep making the comparison to the dozer sherman but objectively the brumbar is already a lot stronger, granted it should be considering it's in bp3 aswell as its a bit more expensive.
1 Dec 2020, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 15:40 PMElpern

Which begs the question... why? It is in a really good spot right now, increasing projectile speed is a clear buff and the brumbar is already very strong, you keep making the comparison to the dozer sherman but objectively the brumbar is already a lot stronger, granted it should be considering it's in bp3 aswell as its a bit more expensive.

The reasons are consistency and become more player friendly.

As I have point out there also no reason projectile to be so slow the same way there was no reason for Stuka rocket to have 0 penetration.

As I said the suggestion is not to buff the unit and if the new speed and CD has meaningful impact on the units performance that can be counter weighted by reducing the AOE.
1 Dec 2020, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 17:16 PMVipper

The reasons are consistency and become more player friendly.

As I have point out there also no reason projectile to be so slow the same way there was no reason for Stuka rocket to have 0 penetration.

As I said the suggestion is not to buff the unit and if the new speed and CD has meaningful impact on the units performance that can be counter weighted by reducing the AOE.

You do realise that 3-1+1 is still 3? Throwing changes around to arrive to the same strength level is completely uselsess. The unit is completely fine as it is and micro is only required to maximise its effectivness just like with KV-2, ISU, Stug-E, Dozer. You can let them also autofire but by aiming them at clumps of units you also maximize their effectivness.
1 Dec 2020, 17:44 PM

You do realise that 3-1+1 is still 3? Throwing changes around to arrive to the same strength level is completely uselsess.

Yet that is what the MOD team decided to do with the Stuka rockets. They increased penetration and decreased AOE penetration.

The unit is completely fine as it is and micro is only required to maximise its effectivness just like with KV-2, ISU, Stug-E, Dozer. You can let them also autofire but by aiming them at clumps of units you also maximize their effectivness.

Pls compare the projectiles speed of "KV-2, ISU, Stug-E, Dozer" with that of Brumbar.
1 Dec 2020, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 17:44 PMVipper

Yet that is what the MOD team decided to do with the Stuka rockets. They increased penetration and decreased AOE penetration.

Pls compare the projectiles speed of "KV-2, ISU, Stug-E, Dozer" with that of Brumbar.

Stuka changes changed its performance against armored targets? Not the same thing at all.

Please ready carefully what I wrote

"You can let them also autofire but by aiming them at clumps of units you also maximize their effectivness"

It's the same situation as Brummbar. The only difference is that other vehicles' autofire is more accurate but you can still manual target for maximum profit.
1 Dec 2020, 18:53 PM

Stuka changes changed its performance against armored targets? Not the same thing at all.

Please ready carefully what I wrote

"You can let them also autofire but by aiming them at clumps of units you also maximize their effectivness"

It's the same situation as Brummbar. The only difference is that other vehicles' autofire is more accurate but you can still manual target for maximum profit.

The "only difference" is that all other vehicles have faster projectile.

"Accuracy" and projectile velocity are simply two different issues. Accuracy for these types of weapons has to do with scatter.
1 Dec 2020, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 18:53 PMVipper

The "only difference" is that all other vehicles have faster projectile.

"Accuracy" and projectile velocity are simply two different issues. Accuracy for these types of weapons has to do with scatter.

Nothing in my post made accuracy or scatter the factor that matters the most. I just said why they don't require as much micro.

Please read one more time what was my point. I'll spell it out for you.

You can micro units mentioned by me (and actually any tank with good AI scatter) just as well as brummbar to maximaze their effectivness. It just so happens that Brummbar gets the most from microing it.

Micro units = get the best out of them. Display skill = get rewarded.

1 Dec 2020, 19:19 PM

Nothing in my post made accuracy or scatter the factor that matters the most. I just said why they don't require as much micro.

Regardless what you have said, scatter is one of the most important factors for these types of weapons, while accuracy one of the least important factors. On the other hand I have no idea why you have brought up accuracy to begin with and I suggest you move along.

Please read one more time what was my point. I'll spell it out for you.

You can micro units mentioned by me (and actually any tank with good AI scatter) just as well as brummbar to maximaze their effectivness. It just so happens that Brummbar gets the most from microing it.

Micro units = get the best out of them. Display skill = get rewarded.

What you are saying is simply illogical.

You are presenting disadvantage, the fact the auto fire sucks, as advantage because you "get more" from manual aiming. If that is the case lest lower the projectile speed of all other units so that they can buff all these other units so that can also "maximize their effectiveness" by manual aiming.

Point here is that there is an inconsistency in weapon projectile speed for no reason. It should be fixed if for nothing else for consistency reasons.
1 Dec 2020, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2020, 19:19 PMVipper

Regardless what you have said, scatter is one of the most important factors for these types of weapons, while accuracy one of the least important factors. On the other hand I have no idea why you have brought up accuracy to begin with and I suggest you move along.

What you are saying is simply illogical.

You are presenting disadvantage, the fact the auto fire sucks, as advantage because you "get more" from manual aiming. If that is the case lest lower the projectile speed of all other units so that they can buff all these other units so that can also "maximize their effectiveness" by manual aiming.

Point here is that there is an inconsistency in weapon projectile speed for no reason. It should be fixed if for nothing else for consistency reasons.

I'll spell it out for you again since you like to strawman.

Nothing in my post made accuracy or scatter the factor that matters the most. I just said why they don't require as much micro,

I didn't argue what stats matter or don't so please start reading posts carefully instead of skimming

the fact the auto fire sucks
Can you quote me on that? Or anything resembling this? Good try pushing words into my mouth.

You are presenting disadvantage as advantage
Again. Can you quote me on that or you need strawman to validate yourself?

I said that by microing your units you get the best out of them. Is that hard to grasp? Any argument about that?

Is your only argument consistency? Because Brummbar performs very well and is in a very good spot. Requiring no adjustments as indicated by balance team and top players.

You don't get to decide what consistent and you don't have to forget this is an assymetrical game.
1 Dec 2020, 20:13 PM
Donator 33

Projectile speed would be an unquestionable buff to this unit, which it does not require at this time by any margin. The OP may be better off keeping it on auto fire, but the larger community doesn't seem to be having issues hitting the attack ground hotkey with this unit.
1 Dec 2020, 20:36 PM

I have explained why imo the unit should get projectile with similar speed with other units and a lower CD on barrage since it will cost mu and have little to add.

I have to hear a single argument why Brumbar should have projectile significantly lower than other vehicles of the same type.

I have not interest in playing "I said you said games" or turning this into forum fight so you have a nice day.
1 Dec 2020, 21:33 PM
Donator 33

You are getting pushback as the unit is absolutely fine.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS